Holding Him Back

The Truth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Morning class does not annoy Jungkook as much as pop quiz of that morning class. He got to class 30 minutes late (God knows he was tired from last night!) and once he sat down, the professor went '5 minutes left~' which sends Jungkook to the deepest part of hell trying to finish the 3-page quiz in 5 torturous minutes!

He ticks the first answer he sees and doesn't even have enough time to spell out his full name so he ends up writing JK in the blank and hopes for the best. Once the quiz papers are collected, Jungkook sinks back into his seat trying to call back his soul to his body. Goddamn, he almost forgets how demanding university life is. He has to come here to get his credit and has to secretly play his intern part while at the same time run a whole agency with his sister!

He inhales deeply.

He really prays and prays that God has mercy on him and helps him get through this. He also hopes sophomore year gets easier.

"Hey," one of the classmate pokes him from the back. 

Jungkook cranes his neck just enough to look at him. The classmate points to Jungkook's neck.

"Your hickey's showing."

"W-what?"

"Please." The classmate snickers at Jungkook's flustered face. "We all know you got games but please try not to flaunt it in our face so early in the morning. The quiz , by the way, don't sweat it."

Hickey? What?

Jungkook pulls at his own collar and looks closely with the help of his front camera (he has no mirror). It seems, after their crazy night, Taehyung may have tried something new as well. Usually, it's Jungkook who leaves hickeys (he is possessive, truth be told). But now, with the dark red spots right below his jawline, he may have discovered that his best friend may not be so different from him after all.

Jungkook turns back to the classmate with a smug on his lips, "Deal with it, jealous head."

The classmate scoffs.

 

-

 

At 3, Jungkook finally reaches the end of his class schedule and he can't be happier. On his way to his car, he spots Taehyung. He doesn't expect to see this boy here, especially since he clearly remembers that Taehyung is on a break for his exam.

"Tae-" his call ends in his throat when he sees Taehyung answering his phone with one of the biggest smiles on his face. Taehyung seems so happy that Jungkook decides not to disturb that. He watches until Taehyung's out of sight, the whole time smiling and speaking to whoever it is on the phone. Jungkook guesses it could be Jimin, or Yoongi, because... who else, right? Who else might make Taehyung smile this big?

 

At the agency, Jungkook retreats to his secret office where he finds a big pile of photos waiting for his review and approval. He can see his sister's stamp on the folder and nods to himself, knowing she has already gone through them and whatever is here right now must be the best ones. This is such an important project for both of the agency, the photography team and the models themselves since it will be published and distributed throughout the country. If it is successful enough, the models (especially Taehyung) might start getting individual offer and love calls.

Jungkook can't wait.

Sitting down in his comfort chair, he presses the button on his desk and his assistant comes through the door the next moment.

"Yes, sir?"

"Please bring me some soda. And some snack." He says in his mini-boss tone but not arrogant. His assistant nods and leaves.

Jungkook starts browsing through the folder.

The first batch is of Jimin. He looks so good. Jungkook approves every photo.

Next is Namjoon. Hot damn, he is one piece of fine art. Approves.

Next, other models. Approves, approves, not so much, approves, re-shoot, approves.

Last one—Taehyung.

Now, with the other, it's an individual shot. But Taehyung has a partner. A strikingly stunning and rather popular partner. Jungkook's aware there are outside models in this shoot as well, but he wasn't informed that there would be pair-up photoshoot or anything of the sort.

Taehyung and the guy, namely Do Ji Han, do look cosy with one another. In one photo, Jihan has his arm around Taehyung's waist. In another one, Jihan's sitting on a stool with Taehyung draped over his shoulder, looking all intimidating and... good.

Jungkook scoffs. Whatever, this is just a photoshoot. 

He approves every other shot except the one-arm-around-the-waist one. That looks too couple-ly; he doesn't like it. 

 

-

 

Namjoon's big smile gives Jungkook a semi-headache. He's been rubbing his temple for a whole 5 minutes now. They are having lunch together (together as in everyone—everyone as in him, Taehyung, Namjoon, his boyfriend Seokjin, Jimin, Yoongi, and even the busy Hoseok). Oh, did Jungkook ever mention how Hoseok knows about his real identity yet? Yup. Hoseok does. It happened by accident. One early mor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter