TEASER 1

 〈 WHERE ARE MY SOCKS ?! 〉THAT SMOL SHARE HOUSE; APPLY OPEN!
 
TEASER ONE
"i became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity."
edgar allan poe
 
 
"Yeah, I'm walking up to the house now," a mop of dark hair slightly obscuring his vision with his head leaning on his shoulder to support his phone, Kang Gyuho was juggling a box of apples in one hand and trying to keep a few pieces of paper from blowing away in the wind in the other. It was his signed contract for the lease of the house which probably looked a bit too worse for wear. 
 
"No, it's not as bad as it looked in the photos. I promise you," a pause. "Not everything is as photogenic as you, mum."
 
He glanced up momentarily from the papers and stopped. "," he hissed and before his mother could reprimand him for his foul language, he hastily added. "The landlord's already here. I'll call you later. Love you mum!"
 
Shoving the papers into his pocket and hanging up the phone, he rushed up to the house. "I'm so sorry I'm late!" Gyuho simultaneously blurted out and bowed deeply, nearly dropping the box of apples. 
 
Son Myeongjoo nodded curtly before opening the front door and gesturing for the boy to follow him. The older man could probably be likened to the papers currently residing in the pocket of Gyuho's jeans; wrinkly and smelly. He had on him an old sweater that looked an unnatural shade of brown and a pair of slippers that reminded Gyuho of hospitals- maybe he took them from there.
 
"Thank you for agreeing to rent your house out to me... I've uh got a little thank you present for you here."
 
"Just put it by the front door," Myeongjoo didn't so much as even spare a glance at it. 
 
Gyuho nodded and did as he was told and an uncomfortable silence quickly filled the house. 
 
"Have you got the form, boy?" He took a seat in the living room and gestured for Gyuho to do the same.
 
"Uh, yes, yes I do. It's here somewhere," he rummaged around quickly for the papers and hastily smoothed them out before handing them over. "I've signed it and everything, but I just have a quick question regarding the rent...
 
Myeongjoo grunted in response. 
 
"I was wondering if it could... maybe be lowered? I know I already signed the form and everything with the rent we negotiated and agreed on last time... but maybe..." noting the unimpressed look on the landlord's face, Gyuho quickly took back everything he said. "Or not. I'll work something out."
 
Gyuho swore internally. He wasn't usually this skittish, was he? Something about the older man before him just rubbed him the wrong way. "Maybe I could find a few other people to share the place with... Would that be okay?"
 
Myeongjoo grunted once again. "I don't care what you do, boy, as long as you abide by my rules and get the money to me on time without fail."
 
The rent was still pretty high, which is a given considering it being situated in Seoul, but it was definitely lower and the house was much more affordable than other houses around the area. It was a pretty good location, too! Even standing where he was in the living room he could see McDonald's. He could definitely make use of their free wifi. The house didn't look that bad, either. A little tidying up should do it.
 
He did some quick calculations in his head. 'That would mean that to comfortably live in here, I'd need at least... ten other people.' His heart sunk but upon glancing at the piercing glare that Son Myeongjoo was giving him and the papers in his greasy hands that he was smugly smoothing over, Gyuho took a deep breath. 
 
'I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity,' he remarked to himself.
 
"When can I move in?"
 
A nasty grin broke out on Myeongjoo's face, eliciting a shiver and a feeling in Gyuho not too dissimilar to the feeling that you'd get when you ate a whole lemon. "Why, you can move in tomorrow, if you'd like to.
 
 
AUTHOR'S NOTE
i hope this teaser was okay?? ? i just felt as if i needed to get something out since i haven't really been giving any updates. i'm aware that i still have several reviews to do- i'm aiming to finish them tomorrow! a few people have been asking about a deadline- i haven't really decided on one yet but it'll probably be towards the end of january or the beginning of february- i know that seems like ages away but i promise you that time really does fly by! asdhlajsdlkj i don't know what else to say----- thanks for reading this ?? ??? :)