two

Goddess Awakened
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

two


On a morning like every other, I wake to light streaming in through the balcony. The only difference being that this is my new room and I’m not alone. There’s a warmth at my side that I’m only beginning to grow accustomed to.

 

A low voice grunts from behind me while an arm snakes around my waist to pull me closer. I turn a little to see Kai over my shoulder, his eyes still closed but a smile on his lips giving away the fact that he is awake. I stifle a giggle and turn fully to face him.

 

“Good morning, Kai,” I whisper, reaching up to brush away strands of his raven hair. His smile deepens while his eyes remain closed, and I can’t help but smile too. It’s infectious.

 

“Morning to you too, my sunshine,” he murmurs back, finally meeting my eyes. His eyes are a warm brown today as he gazes at me sleepily, his lips curled up in a soft smile. “You’re nice and warm,” he continues, snuggling closer to my collarbones before laying a butterfly kiss on my skin.

 

“Haha, that tickles,” I lean back a little and with a soft pat on his hair, I get out of bed. Of course, Kai doesn’t make it easy as he uses the arm around my waist to pull me backwards. I fall backwards onto the bed as Kai hovers above me.

 

“Alright, stop it. I really do want to get up and wash my face. I’m pretty sure my breath stinks too.”

 

“Hm, but I want my morning kiss, sweetheart,” Kai drawls, drawing his face closer.

 

I feel my cheeks heat up a little but happily wind an arm around his neck to pull him down, pressing my lips against his. Kai gives a happy hum as his plush lips move against my own.

 

“How’s that?” I ask, pushing up onto my elbows so I can get out of bed.

 

“Better,” he smiles. He gets off of me and stretches as he stands. I watch the way his back muscles move, impressed as always by his physique. What a y man. “Come on,” Kai beckons, his hand tugging at mine.

 

Together we get ready in the bathroom, brushing our teeth and washing our faces as our laughter echoes off the bathroom walls. It feels blissfully happy being with Kai, every moment a precious memory I engraved into my heart. I couldn’t be more grateful to have him by my side. I’m reminded of Kai’s words from yesterday, the way his smile grew warm as he told me how indebted he was that he met me.

 

It seems I’ve drifted into my thoughts as Kai pokes my cheek, pulling me back into reality. “You’ve got a thoughtful look on your face. What are you thinking about?”

 

I debate whether to tell him or not, a little embarrassed of my constant thoughts about him. “You…” I manage to murmur. Kai smiles that beautifully blindingly happy smile and pulls me into a hug.

 

“I think about you too,” he chuckles, his soft breaths tickling my ear. “Alright, how about we have breakfast? I’ve got somewhere to take you today.”

 

There’s toast, fried eggs, fruit and a glass of orange juice ready and waiting for us at the table. I see Tia just leaving our room. Cerberus is bouncing around our room, and runs over as soon as we come out. I pet the three-headed dog, scratching all three chins as he barks happily. Kai pulls out a chair and beckons me over.

 

“Looks good!” I say, sitting down in front of him.

 

“Yep, because I made it!” He replies with a look of pride. I raise an eyebrow in question. When did he have time to do all this? I look down at the plate properly and notice the squiggly ketchup heart drawn on the side. Why is my man so cute?

 

“Since when did you learn to cook?” I butter the toast and take a bite.

 

“Hey, hey. Just because I’m a god, doesn’t mean I can slack off either you know. Sure, we don’t exactly need to eat but it’s useful to have all sorts of skills to keep up a ‘human’ disguise when we’re in the mortal realm.”

 

“What kind of skills?” I prod, scooping up some egg onto my toast.

 

Kai simply winks at me, “Not telling. It’s a secret.” I know he’s trying to be seductive but given the situation, it only makes me laugh at his charming grin.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter