red dahila

善と悪 (Good and Evil)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  [red dahlia]

meaning betrayal and dishonesty

 

"Baekhyun, take care of your little brother okay," his mother smiled, gently taking the twins' hand and interlacing them together, "you are twins. Whatever you do stay together and don't let anything break your long-lasting bond." the woman turns to the slightly shorter boy that was to the right of Baekhyun, smiling as she patted his fluffy hair: 

"And you- Jinhyun- take care of your big brother." the said boy smiled his adorable toothless grin making the woman laugh a little, foggy smoke escaping and into the cold, thin air. Their mother leans back, fixing their large puffy jacket which ate them up and the knitted beanies on their head, "I love you two very much, and it would pain me to see you two grow apart." 

Little Baekhyun eyes widen as he ran to his mother, hugging her by the neck, scared that if he let go- she would cry. His mother eyes crinkled at the action as she opened her arms wide, making Jinhyun run into her arms also. The small family of 3 laugh and smiled as they hopped around in the frigid weather; the sun being their only heat source. 

"Promise me that, my loves." and she raised her slender pinky finger on both hands. The twins leaps as they hooked their pinky to their mother; sealing it with a small peck on the lip.

Baekhyun wakes up from the ever so loud alarm that awoke him from his deep slumber. He groans as he stretched his body, hearing cracking sound here and there, slumping; he looked at his right- and there was his baby brother sleeping soundly, totally unbothered from the resounding alarm clock in their empty bedroom.

The older twin chuckles a little, recalling their differences. He- Baekhyun- truly enjoyed makeup, going out with his friends or brother, and small parties. But Jinhyun on the other hand, likes spending his weekends reading books, watching TV or tutoring those who need help with their studies. He remembered his small little makeup artist moment when his little brother was asking him about his many, many makeup in his drawers- which of course, he answered like a professional.

He also recalls the day they moved, from home that is. Oh how heartbreaking it was to see their mother wave them off with big fat tears streaming down her eyes as she clutched tightly on their grandparents. Thinking of his mom makes his heart churn. He misses her. He misses they way she would take them shopping and just run into the girl's section and picking out cute little pink jacket that they looked cute on, or how she would always complain when they don't have the clothes she wanted to get for them in another pair. 

Baekhyun snaps out of his thoughts when he heard the blanket shuffle a little, indicating that his brother was about to wake up. 

"Hyung." Jinhyun croaks out, voice groggy because the person he had to tutor the night before just wouldn't get it and kept telling him it's wrong; and he screamed too much last night. (If he could kick the guy where it hurts, oh boy- he would) The said boy hums in response. "What time is it?"

"5: 23, wake up already," Baekhyun leaps on him, shaking the poor boy that was now fully alert from the mini attack, "school starts in like an hour and fifteen minutes." the small, younger brother nods as he slumps on the warm bed again. Baekhyun chuckles, removing the thick blanket and walking to the bathroom to get ready for school.

 

After the two twins were done, they settled down for mini waffles and milk for breakfast. They ate in silence until Baekhyun broke the silence:

"So," he started, catching the younger's attention, "who did you tutor last night? I have never heard you mad like that." Baekhyun laughs when he saw the boys' face drop, annoyance etched on his face as it looked like he was about to crash the glass cup.

"Ugh" Jinhyun groans, slamming his milk down on the wooden table, "Lim Seyoung, class D."

"Lim Seyoung?" the older twin paused, "the tall kid from Denmark?"

"YES! Him!" his brother shouts, food spewing from his mouth while Baekhyun throws his head back, barking loudly with laughter at his baby brother's reaction.

Baekhyun cools down before talking again. "Doesn't everyone have the hots for him because he's in the baseball team?" he purse his lips, watching his brother's ears turn a blushy pink. "Wah, don't tell me you have the hots for him?" Jinhyun turns into a blushing mess, his cheeks tinted with red as he throws a waffle at his brother.

"As if." Jinhyun scoffs.

"Seyoung~, harder. F-faster!" his brother mockingly moans. Jinhyun eyes' widen, choking on the piece of waffle that was lodged in his esophagus as he rapidly brought the milk to his mouth, sighing in relief when he felt the waffle being pushed down. He looks at his brother, who had a smirk on his face and eyebrows quirking upwards, wiping the milk stain from his lips before he began to explain himself.

"I- I don't know what you're talking about."

"I woke up around one at night and went to the guest room. And god- i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter