[♡] your dog loves you

coffee shop
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

EPISODE NAMES ARE LYRICS FROM [COLDE - YOUR DOG LOVES YOU]. PLEASE ENJOY YOUR ORDER. THANK YOU FOR CHOOSING NABI COFFEE SHOP.

 

EPISODE ONE:
너와 걸을 때면
"when i walk with you"

i met her first on a rainy day in september. i was walking out of a movie theatre and i guess she saw the panicked look on my face when i realized i hadn't brought an umbrella. i was expecting my date would've brought one, considering how much of a gentleman he made himself out to be on his dating profile - i was very wrong; he didn't even show up for the date, but i figured i was already at the movie theatre, so i might as well have watched a movie. it wasn't a bad experience at all - neither the movie nor the walk to the subway station, for that matter. 

she was shy when she came up to me, and i found that endearing. i stood under the overhangs of the movie theatre roof, looking up at the sky and contemplating when the storm would clear - or how i would make my run for it if it didn't clear within the next ten minutes. she approached me with quick steps and quiet words. the pounding of the rain was so loud that i could barely even hear her, and, in fact, i couldn't even make out what she was saying. i could tell that words were coming out of , but deciphering what those words actually were was the difficult part.

the second time, she repeated her words more loudly: "would you like to walk under my umbrella?"

at first, i was hesitant, but she insisted that she had nowhere to be and nothing to do, so she was willing to walk me wherever i was going. 

"i'm going to the... subway station? if that's not too far out of your way?"

"it's right down the road," she laughed. "it's fine! don't worry."

her smile was so genuine that i couldn't say no.

"you didn't think to bring an umbrella with you?" she asked. "or do you not have one? because you can have this one, god knows i have way too many of them anyways."

"no, i have an umbrella, it's just... i mean, it wasn't raining when i left, and i was expecting my date to bring one, but..."

"what, did he leave the minute the movie ended? i wouldn't go on a second date if i were you."

i gave her a small smile. "no, i mean... he just, he never showed up. but the movie i saw was fine, so i'm not mad about it," i joked.

"oh," she nodded. "well... he's an and you're probably better off without him anyway."

when she said that, the next smile i gave her was much bigger. 

"what's your name, by the way?" she asked me.

"i'm yerin. you?"

"i'm eunbi, and i like to go for walks in the rain if you couldn't tell."

that was the first thing i learned about eunbi, besides the fact that she was particularly good-looking.

 

EPISODE TWO:
난 내가 사랑하는 걸 느껴
"i feel that you love me."

"so if anybody else decides to do you wrong like that in the future, you can give me a call - rain or shine."

eunbi made me much more of a confident person, that i can say without thinking. when we got to the subway station, she closed her umbrella and walked down the stairs with me. once we were completely underground, she handed it over to me as well. i tilted my head to the side at her.

"in case it's still raining when you get off."

"oh, i don't need that. i live close to my stop. you probably need it more than me."

she shook her head and insisted, "i told you, i have more than enough umbrellas. a whole closet full of them. i can survive without one of them."

"i don't want you getting sick..."

"i'll be fine. trust me," she smiled. "take this umbrella, and leave it where you'll always see it, so you'll always be reminded never to let anyone mistreat you. got it?"

i nodded and hesitantly took it from her.

"well at least give me some way to contact you so i know you get home well."

she chuckled.

"miss yerin, you are quite smooth with your words," she said as she opened her phone and showed me her kakaotalk id.

we bid each other a safe trip home, and she went back out into the rain.

 

EPISODE THREE:
너와 발을 맞출 때
"when i match my footsteps with you"

the next time we met, we went on a walk in the rain, just like the first time. we both had our own umbrella this time, and she had on rainboots so she could jump in puddles. she noticed i was sensitive to the cold, so she brought me into a coffee shop and bought me some hot chocolate. it turned out that we didn't live far from each other at all, and we decided to walk home together once the rain had lightened up a bit.

the walk home was calmer than the usual in such a big city; fewer people were on the sidewalks, fewer cars were in the roads, and even if the streets weren't empty, there was a quiet serenity to them that wasn't often experienced. cars actually drove by instead of them all being stuck in traffic one after the other, and when they did drive by, they went through the puddles that had built up near the curb, so we moved to the part of the sidewalk farthest away from the road so we wouldn't get splashed by the water.

the air was chilly and the rain was all but

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter