FINAL

A Lover's Complex
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The day Jungkook turned nineteen, he felt the need to do something absolutely crazy.

 

He was officially an adult, and although there was nothing to vote for at the moment, there were more than enough reasons to have his first drink with his older friends Jimin and Hoseok, who were extra enough to take Jungkook to the classiest club for their budget, which turned out to be the busiest place in town.  Either everyone’s birthday was also September 1st, or the younger generation had nothing better to do.  Jungkook decided it was most likely the first, for the sake of his fellow age-mates.

 

“You’re so adorable, Jungkook,” Jimin cooed as he glanced at the other in the rearview mirror while he parked.  The said boy was wearing a white t-shirt, black leather jacket, black ripped skinny jeans, and his beloved Timberlands.  “I can’t wait to see you get wasted.  Then you’ll be ing irresistible.”

 

Hoseok made a face and smacked Jimin’s shoulder.  “Don’t scar him before he even makes it in.  We have to make this a good first time for him.”

 

Jungkook snorted.  “I’m fine, guys.  I’m a grown man now.”

 

“Sorry, Hobi, I think manly Kook is my new kink,” Jimin giggled before stealing a quick peck from his boyfriend’s frowning lips.  “Come on, guys, let’s go.”

 

Jungkook’s senses overflowed with the dark, unfamiliar atmosphere.  The air was hot and sticky from smoke and endless dancing.  The smell of drunkards staggering their way to the bathrooms to puke was pungent, making Jungkook wrinkle his nose.  Everywhere he looked, there seemed to be a couple making out, thinking about making out, or totally going for it.  He stuck close behind Jimin and Hoseok as they approached the bar, where a handsome man stood, polishing a glass.

 

“Hey, Hoseok, Jimin,” the man said with a smile.  “Long time no see.”  He caught Jungkook’s eye.  “Who’s this cutie?”

 

Jungkook’s mouth felt dry.  “I’m Jungkook.”  

 

“Pleased to meet you.  I’m Seokjin, but feel free to call me Jin…or hyung,” the man said with a wink.  He raised an eyebrow.  “I assume you’re a newbie.  You look frightened.”

 

“His first time,” Jimin explained briefly.  “He’s finally nineteen today.”

 

Jin nodded.  “Happy birthday,” he said.  “Then I’m assuming you’re looking for a bit of fun, since it’s your first time.”  He set his glass down and thought for a moment.  “Then I recommend a moscow mule.  Tastes so sweet, you don’t even know how much alcohol you’ve had until your head is spinning.”

 

“Sure,” Jungkook said.  “Thanks, hyung.”

 

Jimin reached out and grabbed Jungkook’s hand.  “Come on, Kookie, let’s dance!” he said before dragging the boy out to the dance floor.

 

Hoseok chuckled as he took a seat at the bar, watching his boyfriend show Jungkook the wonders of dirty dancing.  

 

“You’re in love,” Jin commented as he poured vodka and ginger beer into a shaker.  “That’s nice.  You two really suit each other.”

 

“All thanks to you,” Hoseok remind him.  “You made us both drinks the night we first met.  I will never forget --”

 

“Oh, don’t get sappy on me,” Jin groaned.  He shook the contents and poured it into an iced glass before working on other drinks.  “Has it really been two years?  Just get married already.”

 

Hoseok laughed and nodded, taking a glass of wine Jin handed him.  He took a generous sip, letting the bitter but smooth taste sit on his tongue.  “I wish.  I would’ve done it already, but you don’t know how hard it is to afford a ing wedding, let alone a ring and approval.”  He sighed.  “Besides, we have to take care of our Kook.”

 

Jin’s eyebrow twitched.  “Judging from his strong physique, I think he can handle matters himself.  He’s quite a hunk.”

 

At the same time, Jimin and Jungkook came back, small beads of sweat making their complexions glow.  Jimin had a smile on his face as he kissed Hoseok.

 

“Oh, that tastes good,” Jimin said, his lips.  “Hyung, what is it?”

 

“Something special,” Jin said.  He handed Jungkook a glass.  “Here.”

 

Jungkook glanced at Jimin and Hoseok, who gave him nods of encouragement, before taking a hesitant gulp.  

 

The lime juice seemed the most apparent in the odd mixture, the tanginess of the vodka following immediately after.  He closed his eyes, trying to get used to the unique taste.  He found himself smiling as he opened his eyes to behold their expectant expressions.  He nodded happily.  “It’s really good.”

 

“Good,” Jin said with relief.  “Well, I have to go help the other customers.  Let me know if you want more.”  He winked at Jungkook.  “It’s on me.”

 

As Jungkook made his way to his fourth drink, the world spun around.  He scarcely recognized Jimin and Hoseok’s faces next to him.  They laughed at his funny expressions and light rosy cheeks.  He heard them saying he could hold his alcohol pretty well for a first-timer.  Feeling appreciative and somewhat cocky, he decided to order another drink.

 

As Jimin and Hoseok decided to go out on the dance floor, Jungkook sat at the bar, letting his drunkenness subside.  He outlined the rim of Hoseok’s wineglass with his index finger, watching it go around and around…

 

“Had enough yet?”

 

Jungkook turned to see a handsome boy gazing at him softly.  His long bangs shielded his dark eyes.  His lips were especially a rosy pink.  He was beautiful, and Jungkook nearly fell out of his chair after realizing so.

 

“Pardon?” Jungkook said.

 

The boy scoffed with a smile.  “I’ve been watching you since your first drink.  Jin-hyung says you’re nineteen today.”

 

“Um, yeah,” Jungkook answered.  

 

“Happy birthday.”

 

Somehow that sounded more sensual than it had to be.  The boy’s voice was deep and resonate, shaking Jungkook down to his bone marrow.  Not to mention that his face was perfectly proportionate with features sharp enough to cut through just about anything.  Jungkook found himself getting lost in his intense gaze, but didn’t hesitate to say a soft, “Thank you.”

 

The boy his lips.  “I’m Taehyung.  Kim Taehyung.”

 

“Jeon Jungkook,” Jungkook replied almost immediately.

 

“Pleasure to meet you,” Taehyung said.  “I see you came with friends.”

 

Jungkook glanced at Jimin and Hoseok on the dance floor.  Jimin was giving off one of his rare eye smiles that only Hoseok could evoke.  “Jimin and Hoseok?” he said.  “Yeah, they brought me here.”

 

“You have kind friends,” Taehyung said, observing the couple.  “They look happy together.  I’ve always wanted to find someone to s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter