The Revenge

Not The Best Laid Plan

The girls woke up early as usual, ready for their morning shift at the Hospital Ship. It was Wendy who first found it in the news portal. She nearly dropped her phone, before running to find Irene.

“Irene-ah!!!” she screamed, making Irene nearly slipped holding her coffee mug.

“What are you screaming about, aish!”

“I’m sorry. But – Sehun is in trouble”

Irene read the article Wendy was showing her. And her heart fell to her feet.

The youngest son of Oh family, Oh Sehun, from a family which is the owner of various multi-national companies and one of the biggest hospital in the country, was found last night at a wild party, being overdosed with illegal substance. He was carried to the emergency room of his own hospital, as his life was in danger. After he recovered, the police would arrange a questioning for him, since they wanted to know how Oh Sehun-ssi got his hands on the illegal substance, hoping that he would cast a light of a big illegal drug distributor. No statement from the Oh Family has been released regarding this situation of their youngest son.

“He doesn’t use drugs!” Irene yelled, her body felt cold all over.

“How do you know? What if he used it behind your back?” Wendy asked.

“Yah! Wendy!!! Don’t speak like that about him!!!”

“I’m – I’m sorry. I think you need to go to Seoul as soon as possible”

Irene ran to find the bodyguards outside. Usually they would drive her and her friends to the Hospital Ship. This time, though, they would have to bring her back to Seoul.

**************************************************

When Sehun drove to the address Lisa gave him, he knew it would be of a mansion at the outskirts of Seoul. He felt that Lisa would try to seduce him, trying to sleep with him, trying to make him betray his wife.

However, he didn’t expect at all that he would arrive to a party, in full swing. With people he didn’t know, and was a lot wilder than anything he had ever been to since he married.

There were pole dancers and he could see people making out on many couches in the big hall he was in the second he opened the front door.

Immediately wanting to go away, Sehun turned back to the door. Only to find strong hands keeping him in place.

The last thing he remembered was having a handkerchief that smelled like chemical liquid pressed into his nose and mouth.

Everything went black afterwards.

****************************************************

Irene ran to the emergency ward of Oh Family’s Hospital, chased by her four friends. Apparently, Sehun had been moved to a private ICU room. They met Sehun’s friends there.

“He’s not a drug user!!!” Irene screamed to them.

“We know, Irene-ssi” Baekhyun tried, reaching out to her.

“I swear he’s not a drug user!!! I would’ve known!!!”

“We also know that he doesn’t use it, Irene-ssi. We drank in parties and when we hang out, but we don’t do drugs” Chanyeol affirmed.

“That crazy ex of his has done this!!!”

“Wha – you mean Lisa?”

“Ne, she’s been threatening to destroy him lately!”

Lay frowned, “He never told us any of that”

“But – but how is he doing? What happened?”

“The police received a report that there’s a wild party in this mansion. When they arrived, they found the party has ended. And there was Sehun, out cold”

“How is he now?”

“He’s still unconscious. If the police came too late, he might have died”

Irene fell to the floor, as her friends picked her up and led her to sit on a chair.

“He’s in critical condition now. The doctors are trying to give him IV to stabilize him. But um—“

“What? What is it? Tell me?”

“It seems that he consumed a big amount of morphine and got a cardiac arrest soon after” Suho said carefully.

“No.....” Irene sobbed, covering her face with her palms.

“Of course he overdosed, right?” Seulgi said thoughtfully. “If you never used drugs and you’re suddenly forced to have a lot of drugs, it’s normal to immediately have a cardiac arrest. His body couldn’t handle it”

“Could it be proof that he’s not a regular drug user?” Yeri wondered, glancing at the police officers standing in front of Sehun’s ICU doors in fear.

“Is there any signs of violence in his body?” Wendy asked.

“I don’t know. I think everyone was just too busy to keep his heart beating” Baekhyun replied.

“Could it be injected?” Joy suggested.

They all then turned to her.

“I mean, drugs could be consumed in several ways. If it’s not forced into his mouth, it might be injected. It might be liquid morphine if he had a cardiac arrest very soon afterwards. Liquid enters the blood easier via injection” Joy explained.

“Can we ask the doctors to check whether there was any injection marks on his body?” Chanyeol asked.

“I’ll request the doctors” Irene said with determination.

“Don’t you want to see him first?”

“I’ll see him first then ask the doctors” Irene said, marching to Sehun’s ICU doors.

*************************************************

By Irene’s request, though Sehun was still unconscious, the doctors very carefully searched for any other injection marks that were not made by them.

They found one.

It must be done forcefully and in a hurry, because it caused the skin there to swell and redden.

It was at the back of Sehun’s nape.

That would help clear Sehun’s name, since it was impossible for Sehun to do the injection himself. It could be denied as another person doing that to him with his permission, but Oh Family immediately released a statement about the injection mark, to help clear Sehun’s name on the media.

*************************************************

When Sehun opened his eyes, he felt his right hand was held tight by somebody.

“Noo...na?”

“Sehun-ssi!!! You’re awake!!!”

And then she stood up to peer closely at his face, her tears wetting her cheeks.

“Are those........tears...........for me?”

She broke into a fit of relieved sobs.

“Phone” Sehun said weakly.

“What?”

“My.....phone”

“Don’t use your phone first. I’m gonna call the doctors to check up on you” she said, getting up.

“No. Noona.....my phone. Recorded something. I...... hope there’s something useful. Something.....bad happened.....to me.....right?”

“Yes. You were drugged and nearly died”

“Check.....my phone. I hope there’s something .... there”

Irene thought hard for a minute.

“I think your phone is with the police”

“The police?” Sehun asked in complete confusion.

“Yes. They want to question you about the drugs”

“I don’t take drugs” Sehun informed in a raspy voice.

“I know. You were drugged. And we know by who, don’t we?”

“Yeah”

“I’ll notify your family, our friends, and the police”

“Ok”

“I’ll comeback as soon as I can” Irene promised, squeezing his hand before running outside.

***************************************************

“That was smooth”

“Now do it”

“Agassi, this might kill him”

“If he dies, it’s his bad luck”

“He’s convulsing!”

“Ew. Foaming out of his mouth too. Guess you could look ugly after all, Oh Sehun. Come on, can’t be here when the police arrives. You called them didn’t you?”

“Ne, Agassi”

Then there was the sound of doors closing. And the next thing they heard was police sirens and the police entering the mansion.

That was what recorded in Sehun’s phone.

He knew something bad would happen, so he recorded it.

He thought it would be just to avoid his wife thinking negatively of him, if, say, a scandalous picture or video of him with Lisa was released.

But apparently, he recorded an attempt to kill him.

“Is this enough to clear all charges against Oh Doryeonnim?” Oh Family’s lawyer asked the investigating police in charge with the case.

“Yes. He would still be asked to be the witness of this case, though”

The lawyer bowed to the police, before saying that he would preside on all questionings regarding Oh Doryeonnim, but at the moment, he still needed to recover from the incident he experienced.

****************************************************

“I told you to just go home and rest” Sehun said, as Irene brought his dinner tray to his hospital bed.

“And leave you here alone? No way”

“I promise I won’t have an affair with the nurses”

“Yah!”

“You’re prettier than all of them”

“Sehun-ssi!”

“Look, there are dark circles under your eyes. You’re exhausted, Noona”

“I can’t leave you while you’re sick like this!”

“I am getting a lot better”

“But you still have the nausea and the headache”

“And it will be gone, don’t worry”

“I just – I’m afraid that if I leave you –“

“Another bad thing will happen?”

“Ne”

“This is my family’s hospital. And they send me bodyguards too. Nothing could happen”

“I’m not leaving until they discharge you” Irene insisted.

“And you’ve been leaving the Hospital Ship for five days, Noona. Not that I want you to go, but isn’t your job important? You’ve always said so”

“You’re more important”

“What?”

Irene said nothing.

“Did I hear wrong?”

“Start having your dinner” Irene said in her sternest tone.

“Feed me?”

“You can do it on your own”

“Fine. I won’t eat dinner”

“Yah, Sehun-ssi”

“My wife refuses to feed me”

They had a staring match for several seconds before Irene finally picked up the spoon.

Sehun grinned happily as he opened his mouth.

***************************************************

Lisa’s plan to hurt Sehun had officially backfired when the police cleared Sehun from all charges, and even declared him as a victim.

A week after Sehun was found unconscious on the floor of an empty mansion, Irene woke up screaming on a hospital bed.

She was coldsweating and crying.

Sehun sat up beside her.

“You died! You – you were drugged and you didn’t wake up!”

“Oh, Noona.......I’m sorry......I’m fine, see? I’m here, Noona. I’m right here with you”

Irene had to blink several times, before breaking into a relieved fit of sobs, hugging Sehun tight.

“I’m sorry for your nightmare. This is very hard on you”

“God, Sehun-ssi. You nearly died!”

“But I didn’t, Noona” Sehun assured. “I’m beside you? We’re in my family’s hospital, and you’re sleeping with me on the hospital bed, remember?” he explained as if she were a little girl, wiping up her tears.

“You died in my dream” she sobbed, her voice cracking.

“You do care about me, huh? These tears. This nightmare.......”

“Don’t ever go in a coma again, Sehun-ssi, promise me”

Sehun pecked her lips. “I promise I’ll always be healthy. I need to live a long life with Noona” he smiled, before kissing her some more, swallowing her sobs and making her stopped crying.

“Shall we have our first time in a hospital bed, Noona?”

“Don’t you dare!”

“Our date is one month away” Sehun murmured, ing two buttons of her shirt and running his tongue along her cleavage.

“I can’t wait” he stated.

“You’re healthy enough already” she commented, turning very lucid since she felt her tongue on her skin.

“They’ll discharge me tomorrow” Sehun replied, her lower lip. “Noona?”

“Yes?”

“You better start drinking those contraceptive pills......because once I start with you.....” he paused, cradling one of her in his hand, caressing her there despite her clothes, “it really will be hard for me to stop”

Irene wanted to tell him that she already started drinking the pills, but she forgot what she was going to say once he dove down and kissed where his palm had been.

**********************************************************

“Hwejangnim, your daughter in-law is here to see you”

Sehun’s father looked up from the document he was reviewing.

“Which one?”

“The youngest one”

“Oh. Let her in”

A few moments later, he was face to face with Bae Joo Hyun, or Irene. Indeed his youngest daughter in-law.

“Bae Joo Hyun-ssi”

Irene bowed low. “Apmonim” she greeted respectfully.

“This is a very nice surprise. Come, have a seat”

Once tea was served, her father in-law said, “Sehun is better now, I think?”

“Ne, Apmonim. He’s discharged this morning”

“What a relief”

Irene nodded.

“And? Why are you here? Despite the pleasure, I am sure you are here because there is a strong reason. I’m sure it’s not easy for you to march here and meet me alone like this, without making an appointment first. I must be rather scary for you. Is there anything I can help you with?”

“I know who did this to Sehun-ssi”

“So I’ve heard. A girl by the name of Lisa? She came from quite a prominent family, too”

“Yes. And she’s the one who drugged your youngest son. Made him got a cardiac arrest. And nearly killing him”

“Our grieves regarding this is the same Joo Hyun-ssi”

“I want her to pay for what she did to Sehun-ssi. I want her to be punished”

She said it with her chin held up, her anger visible in her expression.

“And so she will”

“I heard she has fled the country. I don’t want her to have fun somewhere after what he did to my husband”

Sehun’s father smiled.

“Noted. You can rest assured. I’ll guarantee that this girl will be punished severely, after nearly killing my son like that. It would be done in a discreet way that will not harm our family’s name, but it will be done”

“Thank you”

Seeing her serious and tense expression, the wealthy CEO chuckled.

“We chose the right wife for our maknae” he concluded. “Please stay for lunch”

Irene bowed again.

**************************************************

Author's Note:

I've been writing fics about Yongseo for years on Livejournal:

https://lady-lia257.livejournal.com/

The angst I've usually put through are a lot crueler than this :)

Thank you so much for reading and subscribing.