Not an Older Sister

Not The Best Laid Plan

Once his friends saw him being all smiles that Friday afternoon, Chanyeol said, “Ok, that’s it. We’re going with you”

“What? No, you’re not!”

“Yes, we are” Suho affirmed.

“What the hell for? There’s nothing there!”

“Irene-ssi’s friends are all pretty, for starters”

“Yeah. We never really had the chance to be their friends” Baekhyun added with a mischievous smile

“Besides, it’s impossible for that place to have nothing interesting!” Suho chimed in.

“The seafood is great there” Sehun replied begrudgingly.

“There you go. I knew that place gotta have something interesting”

“Besides, I want to see that Hospital Ship” Chanyeol said, “None of us have seen it”

Sehun stared them down for some time, before letting them follow him.

***************************************************

When Sehun arrived that evening with another car stopping behind his, the girls were all surprised.

“We don’t have enough food” Seulgi commented, as they heard the guys laughing and walking to the front door.

After all the greetings were done, Irene said, “I guess Joy and Yeri could move in to Wendy and Seulgi’s room. Your friends can sleep at Joy’s room. This is when those folded mattresses that we still keep will be useful. Or I can move to sleep with the girls too, so you can sleep with either friends of yours”

“No way. You can’t move anywhere” Sehun argued, frowning all the way.

“Right, Irene-ssi. We wouldn’t want to interrupt Sehun’s quality time with you” Chanyeol replied, winking at her.

“He’d kill us all” Baekhyun added.

“I knew you got some brains in you” Sehun smiled.

************************************************

Irene had to tell the Ahjumma to add more food while the guys stayed with them. It’s a lot noisier and the less tidy, but Irene figured they’d all survive that weekend.

Joy and Yeri still had to work that weekend, yet they all went to the Hospital Ship, since the guys wanted to see it.

“Wow! It really is a mini hospital!” Baekhyun said in awe.

“It’s really great. You guys help lots of people, I guess” Lay added, peeking to the dentist's room.

“How many Hospital Ships are there?”

“Four” Irene answered, "all sailing on different routes".

“There should be more” Suho added.

“Fund the government to build more Hospital Ships, then” Irene replied.

“I might suggest it to my dad” Suho answered.

Irene smiled brightly at him and Suho threw her a flying kiss.

“Yah” Sehun warned Suho with a sour face.

“Mian” Suho grinned, before they continued their Hospital Ship Tour.

*******************************************************

They played cards and jenga that day, basically getting a lot closer in a short time.

“Are you all engaged already?” Irene asked.

“Nope. Our family will give us names to pick and to get to know better and then we’ll marry, but it won’t happen until we’re done in the army” Lay answered.

“You’re four guys. And my friends are four girls. It would be a perfect set-up” Irene suggested, before calmly putting a card on the table.

“That’s true” Sehun agreed.

“Seulgi’s family owns a chain of pharmacy” Irene informed without being asked. “Wendy’s family owns hotels. Joy’s family owns lots of car showrooms. And Yeri’s family has real estates in several countries”

Irene said all of this as she was arranging the eight cards in her hand, before she looked up and found them all staring at her.

“Irene-ah. Don’t embarrass us!” Joy complained.

“I’m not. It will be great to marry someone you already know. And you guys might not know any other pretty girls with backgrounds as good as my friends”

“And if you guys don’t hurry, they might be arranged to marry other guys. I’ll be happy if my friends marry you guys”

There was a very awkward silence afterwards, which no one could break, until Sehun announced, “Shall we go out and have some seafood?”

“Great idea!” Baekhyun jumped up, practically running to the front door, as the other sighed in relief.

***********************************************

“Your wife is really full of surprises, Sehun-ah” Chanyeol said, as they all walked into the seafood restaurant.

“But she’s telling the truth, you can’t deny that. Her friends are all pretty and good girls. Fit to be your wife, you know? If it’s not you guys, they might be arranged to marry guys that might not take good care of them. I don’t want that to happen”

“Huh. What a supportive husband” Chanyeol grinned, before walking into the simple restaurant.

****************************************************

The seafood was fresh and made into soup, steamed or fried, and they bought everything, from crab to shrimps, oysters to octopus.

They all ate with appetite, and drank soju together afterwards.

“I have to say, you and Sehun changed my mind about arranged marriages” Lay commented after they polished all the seafood clean, “We all hate the fact that we couldn’t choose our own wife, but you and Sehun made arranged marriage looks good”

Irene laughed at that. “I’m pretty sure he sees me like an older sister by now. I nag at him too much”

Sehun’s expression immediately changed at that. His four friends turned to him with a mix of exasperation and amusement.

Baekhyun positively had to take a deep breath to not burst laughing, but they all managed to maintain peace.

***************************************************

“Sehun looks livid earlier” Suho commented as they drove back to the house.

“No kidding. Irene-ssi is so going to get it tonight” Baekhyun replied, as his friends laughed at that.

“Do you think we’ll be able to hear them? The walls are pretty thin, I think” Chanyeol wondered.

“I rather not. Hearing Sehun doing it would be disgusting. Might as well borrow some cotton from the girls, for precaution”

“It will look weird” Lay replied, “Let’s not look weird in front of them”

“Wae? You wanna listen to what Irene-ssi said tonight?”

“It’s not entirely a bad idea, you know?”

Chanyeol nearly hit the car in front of him and stepped at the break on time, making his friends all jumped to the front.

“YAH!!! WATCH IT!!!”

“Sorry. My hands slipped”

“.............shall we discuss who we think nice from the girls? We wouldn’t want to have conflicts with each other because we propose to the same girl, I think”

Lay always had it in him to speak so lightly about difficult things.

Chanyeol cleared his throat. “That’s – I think that’s the best thing to do”

Suho and Baekhyun stared at his two friends.

“Are we really doing this?” Baekhyun asked.

“You know what, to be honest,” Chanyeol replied, “Why not? Irene-ssi was right. We might not find other girls with such good behaviour and background as them. If we don’t hurry, other families would ask them to be their daughter in-law”

The rest of the drive was then spent in a serious discussion.

************************************************

When Irene got out from the bathroom that night, he found Sehun looking out the window.

“Is there something wrong?” she asked.

He turned to her angrily, before turning back and heaving. “I’ve had enough of this!”

“Of what?” Irene inquired, not getting him at all.

Sehun tried to take a deep breath as he faced his wife.

“Are you angry about something? You’re awfully quiet on the ride home”

“I obviously am” he seethed.

“Jinjja? Why?”

“Because of Noona, of course, who else? There’s no one else who can rile me up this bad other than you!”

“What? What did I do???”

“What made you think – even for one second – that I see you as an older sister???”

Irene was speechless for a second. “Oh. That”

“Yes. That!”

“I – am I wrong?”

“You can’t be more wrong!!!”

“Wh – isn’t that what we are? We’re so comfortable with each other now that we—“

Sehun was in front of her in a matter of seconds, gripping at her arms.

“Older sister? Don’t joke with me, Noona! I call you Noona just because you’re three years older than me, but I’ve never seen you as an older sister!”

“I don’t see why you have to be this angry” Irene frowned, trying to break free from his grasp.

“Noona. Open your eyes! I would’ve had you on our wedding night if I could! I didn’t force it only because I knew you’d hate me forever because of that!”

That turned her speechless.

“Older sister??? How could you think like that? Can’t you see how much I’m trying to hold on lately?”

“You’re always very polite and you keep your distance, so I think—“

He was so angry he crashed his lips on her.

She yelped in surprise but he held her in place, groaning and venturing his tongue inside as she tried to tell him to stop.

She could practically feel his anger pouring into the kiss, as he pushed her body flushed against him, wildly sweeping his tongue inside .

Her legs gave out and he caught her, carrying her to bed.

“Sehun-ssi—“

He climbed on top of her and she panicked, pushing him away.

He caught her hands and pulled her wrists above her head.

“The things I want to do to you, Noona” he said, his voice raw and strained, “Is so far from brotherly”

With that, he kissed , hearing her made a strangled, shocked gasp.

“You said—“ she fought to speak, despite the tip of his tongue swishing on the side of her neck, “you’d give me eight years before you—“

“I did. And I guess it makes you get the wrong idea. That I don’t want you. That we’re as comfortable as siblings. That’s so goddamn wrong and you need to see it!”

“Sehun-ssi—“

“No. I don’t want to hear it. You’re too much, Noona!”

“Yah” she called out, “YAH!!! SEHUN-SSI!!!” she screamed as his hands slipped beneath her pajama.

Groaning, Sehun got up, and so did she.

They were both breathing fast.

He took one look at her and began reaching for her again.

“Sehun-ssi—“

“I’m your husband. What kind of husband can’t touch his own wife?”

“You promised me—“

“I’ve waited one and a half year, Noona! Don’t you think that’s long enough already?”

“No. I’m not ready yet. We just begun to get comfortable and we—“

He’s not going to give up that night, and she moved back, away from him as far as she could, until she hit the head of the bed.

He moved to her, his hands trapping her on both sides.

“If I – promise to be gentle, will you do it?”

She stared at him wide-eyed.

“All our friends are in the next rooms. If Noona is loud, they’ll know what we’re doing”

He knew he was using cheap threats, but he didn’t care anymore. He wanted her so bad.

“Why are you suddenly like this?” Irene asked, feeling helpless.

“This is not sudden, Noona. I’ve tried to wait all this time, can’t you see?”

“No. You always look perfectly normal to me”

“Is it strange that I want you? Noona, you’re crazily beautiful! The prettiest girl I’ve ever met! I love you!!!”

Those last three words changed things.

She looked shock but he knew it she softened, he saw it in her expressions.

 The next time he kissed her again, she didn’t resist.

It turned him gentler.

He kissed her once, twice, thrice.

His hands moved from grasping her wrists so she wouldn’t break free, to holding her face, kissing her with all his pent-up longings.

He moved away for some air, looking down at her.

He held her hands and circled them around his neck.

“Hold me, Noona. And don’t let go”

Before Irene realized it, she was somehow already sitting on his lap, being kissed deeply.

She might or might have not moaned loudly, that made him stopped dead in between kissing her.

“On second thought, I don’t want to have noona while my friends could hear you next door” he said, burying his face on her clothed chest.

“It’s a pity, but – I guess our first time needs to be somewhere special”

Irene heaved a huge sigh of relief.

“Wae, noona feels glad?”

Irene said nothing, trying to even her breathing.

“Do you still feel I see you as an older sister?”

She cleared and said in as dignified a tone as she could, “If you see me as an older sister, then this would be ”

Sehun laughed.

“Daebak. You understand now”

“........can you let me go now?”

“I won’t go all the way, but that doesn’t mean I’ll let you go already”

“What??? Then—“

He effectively silenced her with another kiss, pushing her back down on the bed.

“I’ve waited to kiss Noona for a very long time. Pay that back. With interest” he demanded, lying on top of her and kissing her senseless.

Author’s Note:

It’s about time, don’t you think? Keke.