We can do this, sis!

Help me sister

A/N: Hi all, finally got around to completing this. It’s going to conclude now with Joyri finally getting to go on a date with Joy’s “sister” Seulgi who is meant to be a distraction of sorts for Joohyun, but maybe seulrene hit if off and maybe that’s what Joyri need.

 

Thank you to my sponsors:  fabricsoftener, AvryGeist171, crwight01,royalshipper2122, DTHDHR, Bernkaset, Casti1004, jasonds, Megankind, Mavok, ZombieJuhyun, Rita_1211, sleepyRu, Karasxo, and falsuki. Thank you so much for being sponsors. ^^



 

Joy was on cloud nine. A part of her knew it would be a huge risk trying to pull the “I have a sister card”. But the young woman was that desperate to be able to go out on at least one date with Yerim. The moment she received the text that they were all set she couldn’t contain her excitement. Of course, it would be more ideal if it were just her and Yerim. At this point Joy knows she’ll take whatever she can get.

 

“I should call my sis and thank her.” Joy laughs in amusement. She dials Seulgi who answers in a hesitant tone of voice.

 

“Sooyoung?”

 

“Guess what, sis!”

 

Seulgi mentally groans on the other end. She knows she shouldn’t have agreed to this plan that is probably bound to fail. However, Seulgi cares for the younger woman and will help her no matter what.

 

“This silly plan has been changed?”

 

Joy laughs out loud. “Of course not! The plan is still a go. We should probably meet to rehearse a few things, though. I’ll text you when.”

 

“I have a very bad feeling about this, Sooyoung.”

 

“Hey, now. We need to be positive here. I might finally get my girl and you...well, maybe you and Yerim’s scary sister will hit it off!”

 

“Yeah, well I’m just trying to survive, thanks.”

 

“Don’t be a worrywart, Seul. We got this, let’s chat soon.”

 

“Sure, talk to you soon.”

 

The monolid woman ends the call after and sighs deeply. She can’t believe she really agreed to the younger woman’s plan. There’s just no way anyone is going to believe they are sisters. Not to mention Seulgi is also very nervous about this supposed scary sister of Yerim’s. Just how scary is she? Seulgi isn’t sure she wants to know. Maybe, she can convince one of her own friends to fill in as her.

 

“No.” Seulgi shakes her head. It wouldn’t be right to do that and Joy is her friend. She has already promised and will do this favor.

 

“God help us pull this ridiculous plan off.”


 

For Bae Joohyun she herself was having tons of doubts. The dark-haired woman sighed to herself for what felt like the hundredth time. Joohyun has tons of doubts about this entire thing. She really doesn’t trust Park Sooyoung as far as she could throw the girl. There is also the thing about this supposed sister. Joohyun can only hope that she has a comrade in arms against this troublesome pairing of her sister and Joy. The older woman really wanted to tell her sister that she changes her mind. Joohyun tried several times to tell Yerim that she thinks it’s a bad idea. But when she saw how genuinely happy her kid sister appeared to be about the whole thing. Joohyun made the decision to go on ahead with the plan. She was being a kind older sister but not a stupid one. Joohyun plans to have both eyes on not only Joy but the entire situation as well.

 

“Sis.” Joohyun looks up from her reading when Yerim calls out to her.

 

“Yes, Yerimie?”

 

“You still haven’t said what day is good for you.”

 

“Good for…”

 

The younger Bae rolls her eyes at her sister’s sudden forgetfulness. She knows very well Joohyun couldn’t have forgotten about her agreeing to her being able to go out with Joy.

 

“The date, sis.”

 

“Oh, well I’m free this Saturday. But if that doesn’t work for Joy or her sister then I suppose we can postpone it for a later date and time.”

 

“You’re not getting out of this that easily, Joohyun. Saturday will be great and they’ll come here to pick us up.”

 

Joohyun mouth drops and she has to refrain from screaming. The last thing she wants is for Joy to know where they live. Absolutely not will that girl come to their house.

 

“No! We will be meeting them at a public place first, thank you.”

 

“But…”

 

“No, Yerim. We’re meeting them at a public place or no date at all.”

 

“Okay fine, jeez. I hope you don’t act this way when Joy and I get married.”

 

“Say what!”

 

All Joohyun hears is loud snickering as her sister walks away texting Joy they’ll meet at their campus first before going out on the date. Joohyun shakes her head in disbelief at her ridiculous sister. If the date is happening Saturday then that gives Joohyun time to prepare for it. Joohyun just hopes it won’t end up all being some complete disaster.

 

“God help me get through this.”


 

When Joy told Seulgi they would meet up to rehearse. The younger woman meant exactly that. They needed to have their story straight for Joohyun more than anything. Yerim of course already knows this whole thing is a sham. Now, Joy isn’t some cruel person by any means. It’s why she treated Seulgi to lunch as they talked strategy. The older brunette entered the restaurant looking already wary of her younger friend. The taller redhead is already waiting at a table and just before Seulgi can sneak out Joy notices her.

 

“Hey, sis. Where are you going! I’m over here.”

 

“,” Seulgi mentally thinks and turns around quickly. She inhales deeply and heads over to where Joy is sitting there at the booth.

 

“I haven’t ordered yet, Seul. Sit, it’s my treat.”

 

“Um, I take it you have some sort of game plan.”

 

“Of course.” Joy nods eagerly. She is always thinking and has a plan. Joy isn’t going to go into this thing blindly. Yerim’s sister is one scary woman and she’s smart too. Joohyun isn’t going to be tricked by just any half-assed plan. It’s why the younger woman knew they had to talk and get their story straight. After they have food first.

 

“Let’s eat first and then we’ll talk strategy.”

 

“Well, since it’s your treat and all, sis.” Seulgi says with slight emphasis on sis. Joy watches in horror as Seulgi places her order and she knows her friend. The older woman has quite an appetite, despite her small and thin frame.

 

“Oh my god.” Joy groans. She really should have thought this whole thing out better that’s for sure. Joy zones out because Seulgi is still ordering and the crazy part is that she knows the brunette will probably finish it all.

 

“Well, don’t leave anything off the menu, why don’t you!” Joy sighs in relief when Seulgi stops ordering and now she can finally order herself. Seulgi laughs in amusement at the pained expression on Joy’s face.

 

“You said your treat.”

 

“I’m a college student. I don’t have a good-paying job like you do, ugh anyway. Let’s talk about our game plan. You are my older sister and you spent most of your school years studying abroad, alright. It’ll explain why Joohyun has never heard about you ever.”

 

“Sure, I studied abroad.” Seulgi gives a nod in understanding. It’s honestly not that bad of an excuse.

 

“Yerim’s sister is really scary so we need to have be calm, cool, collected, and most importantly smooth in all of our actions. We can’t let Joohyun get any sort of clue at all it’s a lie.”

 

“Joohyun?” Seulgi repeats since she is sure this is the first time she’s ever hearing the alleged scary woman’s name.

 

“Yeah, that’s Yerim’s sister name. You two are about the same age, I think, so that’s why I’m really hoping you’d be a perfect distraction for her. We can totally pull this off, Seul.”

 

Seulgi isn’t sure. She has her doubts about this very thing. However, she’s a little too deep into this mess now to back out.

 

“When is this date happening?”

 

“Oh, on Saturday.”

 

The older woman’s eyes go wide when she hears that. Seulgi thought they had a little more time than that. Saturday is in a few more days. How in hell is she supposed to be ready to go on this date in a few days, and not think of the possibilities of it ending as a huge fail?

 

“This Saturday!”

 

“Yes, this Saturday. Come on we got this, don’t we, sis?” The redhead says it cheerfully and Seulgi just puts her head on the table and groans. There is just no way this whole thing is going to work.



 

On the Saturday of the date. One Bae sister is absolutely thrilled to be finally able to be getting ready to going on out on her first date with the girl she really likes. In a perfect world her sister wouldn’t be going with her on this date, but Yerim will have to take what she can get in this case. She comes downstairs dressed in a cute pink top and black skirt. Pink is her most favorite color and she wants to feel good in her favorite color. Hopefully pink will bring her some much needed good luck and energy for this date.

 

“Okay, Hyun. I’m ready to go.”

 

“Oh no, you’re not, Bae Yerim.” Joohyun takes one look at her outfit. “You’re not going anywhere dressed in that too low of top and skirt that’s way too short for this evening.”

 

“What?” Yerim looks down at her outfit. She doesn’t think there’s anything wrong with what she’s wearing. She looks completely date worthy and appropriate. She takes a look at her sister who is dressed in a button up blouse and slacks looking like she’s going to work.

 

“I look fine, Hyun.”

 

“Go upstairs and change.”

 

“But…”

 

“Now!”

 

“Fine, grumpy.” The younger sister groans and go upstairs to change. Joohyun waits for her sister who returns again in another outfit that she deems not worthy for being out.

 

“Are you kidding me, Yerim? You will not go outside in that!”

 

“This is a pair of jeans and tank top!”

 

“You are showing skin. You will not go out there showing skin, young lady.”

 

“You just want me to dress like an old woman just like you!”

 

“How dare you!” The older sister shouts back and simply points upstairs for Yerim to go and change again. They will be here all night at this rate if her sister doesn’t come back looking more appropriate soon. Joohyun waits for what feels like a half hour when she sees her sister coming down the stairs in a white sweater and black jeans. Joohyun tells her that they can get going and Yerim can only breathe in relief that it’s about time.

 

“Well thank you, your highness.”

 

“What did you say?” Joohyun turns to her so fast with a glare that has the younger woman laughing nervously. Yerim isn’t stupid or anything. She knows better than to keep on messing with her sister.

 

“Nothing, Hyun. I love you. You’re the best sister in the world.”

 

“I thought so. Now let’s get going.”

 

“Fine with me. I don’t want to keep them waiting long either, you know.”

 

“Maybe they’ll leave if we take too long.” The dark-haired woman chuckles to herself in amusement which earns groans from Yerim. But they still get into Joohyun’s car anyway. Yerim texts Joy to let her know that she’s on the way and she’s sorry for running late but to not worry because she’s on the way. Joy would have gotten the message if she wasn’t busy freaking out because there was no sign of Yerim or Joohyun.

 

Seulgi could do nothing but stand and watch as the redhead was visibly freaking out. The taller girl was dressed nicely in a red blouse and dark skinny jeans with minimal makeup. She told Seulgi she wanted to look the right amount of y but not too much because that would probably worry Yerim’s sister if she went too far. She also told Seulgi to dress nicely as well which was why the monolid woman came dressed in a nice dark grey blazer, white shirt, and black jeans. She looked almost like she was going to work but the converse sneakers on her feet told a different tale.

 

“You look like a boy!” Had been Joy’s initial reaction when she first saw her friend.

 

“But an attractive one.” Seulgi had replied back and that almost earned her a hit from Joy. Of course, Seulgi reminded her that she is the one doing her the favor after all and that violence is never the answer.

 

“Hey, Joy.” Seulgi calls out to the girl who has been pacing back and forth for the better part of ten minutes. The poor thing is going to fall apart in no time if Yerim doesn’t show up.

 

“They’re not coming. Oh my god, they’re not coming. Her sister probably locked her in the basement and I’ll never see her again.”

 

“Joy?”

 

“Unless I plan a daring and heroic rescue to save my future wife.”

 

“Um, Joy.”

 

“What are we going to do, sis! What are we going to do?” She grabs Seulgi by the shoulders and begins shaking the smaller woman repeatedly. Seulgi knows she’s going to have to calm this crazy girl down before this entire plan is blown straight to hell. It’s why she gently she grabs her and pulls her to sit down on of the school benches. She instructs Joy to take a few deep breaths to which the younger woman does so and thanks Seulgi.

 

“I’m sorry.”
 

“You have to pull yourself together, Joy. If you fall apart now how do you expect this stupid plan to work?”

 

“Hey, it’s not that stupid!”

 

Seulgi looks at her with an expression that makes her shut up right away. Well, maybe the plan is a little stupid.

 

“Fine, it’s a little stupid.”

 

Seulgi gives her a hug then. “Oh, cheer up, sis. We can do this. How bad can Yerim’s sister really be?”

 

Joy laughs nervously then. “Oh, you don’t know Yerim’s sister.”

 

Seulgi tries not to get nervous herself after hearing that. The truth is she is very nervous but more than anything she is here to help her friend. It’s not long before a black mercedes is pulling up and out steps a blonde haired girl. Judging by Joy’s expression and how excited she is to see the girl it has to be Yerim. She looks so happy to see the girl. Seulgi doesn’t ever think she has seen Joy look this happy and excited to see another girl.

 

“Hi, Joy!” Yerim shouts out happily when she spots the redhead.

 

“Hi, Yerimie!” Joy also shouts out and makes a run for the girl. She almost is about to hug her but stops dead in her tracks because she sees Joohyun with arms crossed over her chest looking murderous. Joy laughs nervously and keeps a healthy distance between them.

 

“Good evening, Joohyun. Thank you for agreeing to the date.” The redhead says to Joohyun with the utmost polite tone in her voice. Joohyun doesn’t look pleased in the least.

 

“Where is this sister of yours.”

 

“Oh, my sister. She’s…” Joy looks back to where Seulgi was sitting on the bench and the monolid woman is still sitting there but Seulgi looks to be kind of frozen in place. Yes, that’s exactly right Seulgi is sitting there looking like a deer in headlights and now Joy is seriously questioning if she has made the right choice in choosing a sister.

 

“What is wrong with her?”

 

The short answer is Seulgi has been hypnotized. She took one look at the absolutely stunning dark-haired woman who stepped out of the driver’s seat and couldn’t believe her eyes. Ms. Bae Joohyun had to be the most beautiful woman she has ever laid eyes on in her entire life.

 

“So pretty.” Seulgi thinks to herself. The next thing she knows Joy is standing in front of her with a too cheerful smile.

 

“What the hell is wrong with you, sis.” The taller girl says with clenched teeth. She will kill Seulgi if she doesn’t get her together. Wasn’t the monolid woman the one who was just saying that they could do this.

 

“She’s so beautiful.”

 

“What?” Joy shakes her head in disbelief. “Oh, no. Don’t you go getting all stupid for a girl on me now, Seulgi. Remember that Yerim’s sister is a scary woman. Now get yourself together this instant!”

 

Joohyun on the other hand is watching the odd exchange from the two sisters. Whatever they are over there discussing seems to be quite curious indeed. Finally when it appears Joy and her sister are on their way over to meet her and Yerim she can get a better look at this alleged sister. Joohyun first thoughts are how Joy’s sister is smaller in height than she is which in a way is cute because Yerim is a bit taller than her and people always comment about that. There is also thoughts about how adorable the woman looks because she is somewhat reminding Joohyun of a teddy bear with her monolids and round shaped ears. But even more than that there is something else.

 

“They look absolutely nothing alike.” Joohyun thinks.

 

“Let me do the talking for now.” Joy mutters to Seulgi before planting a huge smile on her face when they get over to where Yerim and Joohyun are standing. “Hi, Yerim, Joohyun. Will you please meet my older sister, Seulgi.”

 

“Hi, Seulgi. It’s nice to meet you.” Yerim speaks first. “Joy has told me a lot about you.”

 

“Oh, has she.” Seulgi eyes Joy then with a small laugh. “It’s good to meet you too, Yerim.”

 

“I haven’t heard a word about you,” Joohyun interrupts. “Hi, my name is Bae Joohyun.” The raven introduces herself to Seulgi. The monolid woman is even more taken by the gorgeous woman before her. She has to remind herself that she is here to help Joy.

 

“Hi, I’m…” She almost introduces herself as Kang Seulgi for a moment. “I’m Joy’s sister Seulgi and it’s very nice to meet you.”

 

“You have manners there’s no way you’re related to this one.” Joohyun makes what is a small joke that has both Seulgi and Joy laughing in very nervous manners.

 

“Of course she’s my sister. Don’t be silly or anything.” The redhead laughs the loudest and it makes Joohyun look at her with even more suspicion. Yerim shakes her head in disbelief because so far the two of them are being way too obvious that they aren’t sisters and if she can see through the act then there’s no way her sister won’t see through it too. Joohyun is a very smart woman and this is going to be a huge epic fail. Yerim knows she’s going to have to help out as much as she can, after all she really does like Joy and she wants to be able to see her for real. Maybe, even as her girlfriend one day if all goes well.

 

“Well, how about we go for food. I don’t know about you, sis. But I sure am hungry. Are you hungry, Hyun?” Yerim says to her sister in hopes of hoping to distract Joohyun a little from the current situation.

 

“Sure, let’s go get something to eat.”

 

“Alright, sounds great.” Joy agrees. “There’s a really great Japanese place not far from campus I’ve been wanting to take you forever, Yerimie because I know how much you like sushi.”

 

“Aww, you’re so sweet, Joy.”

 

Joohyun rolls her eyes at the display and tries her best not to want to heave. However, she can’t deny that her sister does seem genuinely touched by that small gesture. Joy actually tries to reach for Yerim’s hand to hold and Joohyun makes a strangled sound as if dying which makes Joy stop right away.

 

“I’m sorry.” She apologizes and looks crestfallen.

 

“Yeah, me too. Maybe later.” Yerim whispers hopefully and that makes the redhead smile a little. Seulgi takes one look at what happens and can’t help but to feel sorry for Joy. Perhaps her friend wasn’t kidding when she said Joohyun was one scary woman. Seulgi feels a sharp gaze on her and turns to see said woman is staring at her as if analyzing her very soul.

 

“Um, yes?” Seulgi asks.

 

“You are going to be my second pair of eyes, right?”

 

“I’m going to do what now?” The monolid woman blinks several times. Joohyun stands there looking at Seulgi in slight disbelief for a few moments. She was hoping for the woman to be a little more alert, but maybe she’s just hungry and needs to pull herself together. Yeah, that could be it.

 

“We can’t allow them to actually date, Seulgi. It would be completely disastrous. We need to keep our eyes on them, alright?”

 

Seulgi honestly is lost in those pretty chocolate brown eyes of the shorter woman. Seulgi thinks at this point Joohyun could tell her anything and she agree to it. However, she remembers she is here for Joy and she must help Joy.

 

“I think we should follow the kids because they are already walking away.”

 

“They’re doing what!” The raven shouts when she notices that Seulgi is indeed right and Joy and Yerim are already walking off. Joohyun takes off running for them to make sure they are keeping a nice healthy distance. Much to Joy’s disappointment she couldn’t walk but so close to Yerim at all. Some date this was turning out to be. She is hoping at some point Seulgi can work her charms and distract Joohyun for a little while. The restaurant Joy mentioned isn’t very far from campus and she truly has always wanted to bring Yerim here one day on a date for just them. Hopefully one day they can re do this. The four of them are seated soon and Joohyun is of course watching like a hawk.

 

“Let’s order. How about we order.” Joy mentions and grabs a menu. She takes one and hands it to Yerim as well. Seulgi politely takes one and hands it to Joohyun before taking one for herself. Joohyun notices this small but polite gesture and thanks Seulgi.

 

“Thank you,” The raven says softly.

 

“You’re welcome, Joohyun.”

 

Joy is secretly hoping that somehow the two of them hit it off. It would honestly be perfect if Joohyun could like Seulgi as she believes her friend is one great catch and if Yerim’s scary sister had her own girlfriend to busy herself with that would surely help her out. The four take their time to scan the menu before placing their orders. Joohyun purposely made sure Joy was sitting nowhere near her sister with herself and Yerim sitting at one end of the table. While Seulgi and Joy are at the opposite side of the table. Some tea is ordered for the table and Joohyun doesn’t recall having ordered any but Seulgi is soon asking her would she like any.

 

“Would you like some tea, Joohyun?” The brunette says with a warm tone to her voice and one hand on the tea kettle. Joohyun is taken aback by this kind tone coming from the beautiful monolid woman.

 

“Are you sure you’re related to this troublesome girl?” Joohyun points at Joy who is in the middle of trying to grab one of the chicken wing appetizers. The redhead looks scandalized as she has one chicken wing in her hand.

 

“I resent that. She is totally my sister.”

 

“Oh, really.” Joohyun starts. “Where have you been and why haven’t I heard of you until just recently?” She directs the question to Seulgi and not Joy. The redhead is busy praying in her seat that Seulgi sticks to all their rehearsal because if not it will all be for absolutely nothing. Yerim too is sitting there silently praying that her sister will be appeased by whatever Seulgi is about to say.

 

“I spent most of my time studying abroad. I just recently returned to Seoul a year ago for work. It’s why you haven’t heard much about me until now. I also apologize for any trouble my kid sister may have cause in my absence.” Seulgi says it in such a believable tone that even Joy is feeling proud if not a bit offended at the same time that she is essentially being bashed too. But at this point she has to take whatever help she can get.

 

“I’m not a bad kid, Ms. Joohyun.” The redhead gives her one of the best and brightest smiles she can possibly give any human being. The kind of smile that normally wins over anyone and everyone. But not Joohyun who looks at her as if she is something caught underneath her shoe.

 

“Please pass the water, thank you.” She says instead and that is the end of that. Seulgi feels honestly so bad for Joy in that moment. Joy really isn’t a horrible kid and perhaps at some point before the evening is over she can get Joohyun to understand that.

 

“What do you do, Joohyun?” Seulgi decides to ask and Joy thinks it’s perfect timing for Seulgi to get Yerim’s sister talking about anything to keep her distracted. If they start talking about grown up things such as their boring jobs maybe she can get a few moments to talk to Yerim.

 

“I’m a lawyer.” The raven answers. “I originally wanted to go into journalism of some kind but I’m happy with my job. What about you?”

 

“Pretty and smart.” Seulgi speaks suddenly and that has all eyes on her. Joy looks hopeful that Joohyun won’t kill her for saying that. Yerim looks like she is scared for Seulgi and is hoping her sister won’t kill her for saying it.

 

“W-What?” Joohyun says with a slight stutter that both Joy and Yerim hear. They look at each with shocked faces because they are pretty sure it’s the first time either of them are hearing the Bae Joohyun speak with anything other than a precise and clear tone of voice.

 

“Did my sister just….stutter?” The younger Bae can hardly believe her ears.

 

“I’m sorry.” The monolid woman quickly apologizes. “I shouldn’t have...I’m sorry.” She repeats. “I’m a graphic designer. I actually am in the process of designing my own first ever web series, so my own work is pretty hectic now. But not as busy as being a lawyer I’m sure you must see quite a lot of interesting cases.”

 

“You have no idea.” Joohyun nods with a small laugh. “Just the other day I finally wrapped up on this months long case with these two were getting divorced. I can talk about it now since I’m not on retainer but…”

 

“I need to go to the bathroom.” Joy says suddenly and looks at Yerim who she hopes gets the message.

 

“Me too! I need to go to the bathroom too.” The shorter girl gets up right away to follow after Joy.

 

“Touch my sister and die, Park!” Of course Joohyun has time to threaten Joy with bodily harm right in the middle of dinner because, why not?

 

“It’s the bathroom, Hyun!” Yerim complains. “Will you relax? What do you think is really going to happen in the actual bathroom?”

 

Joy facepalms as it’s the definite wrong thing to say because Joohyun looks even more upset than ever. She looks like she’s about to get up and stand guard or something but Seulgi gently intervenes. The brunette carefully puts her hand to Joohyun’s arm and the touch is so impossibly soft that it makes the raven pause to look at the monolid woman. Were her eyes always so warm and bright? Joohyun feels kind of like she’s looking into two pools of liquid honey.

 

“I’m sure they’ll be fine. I would like to talk with you for a little bit, if that’s alright, Joohyun?”

 

Joohyun is sure she’s never heard her name sound so nice before either? She thinks it might be fine to talk to Seulgi for a little while too. She tells the kids it’s alright but they better be back where she can see them.

 

“Alright, you have 5 minutes, and that includes hand washing time. Oh, and Park don’t you touch my sister. I’ll know if you do.”

 

“Alright, alright. I won’t even breathe too loudly around her.”

 

“See that you don’t.”

 

Joy and Yerim don’t actually go to the bathroom. They are really discussing the small development they just noticed between Joohyun and Seulgi. Things are looking good. They’re looking better than good if the two of them are being honest.

 

“Did you see that, Yerimie? Your scary sister wasn’t so bad with my friend. Do you know what this means?”

 

Yerim nods. “We just might have found my sister a girlfriend, although we shouldn’t jump too far ahead just yet. But things are looking good.” The blonde looks back toward the table to see where her sister and Seulgi are talking and her sister laughs over something Seulgi says. She actually laughs in a way Yerim is sure she hasn’t seen in too long. It’s nice to see her sister laughing.

 

“They would look cute together.”

 

“Yeah,” Joy nods. “Plus it would get her off my back and I can finally date you.” Joy knows she’s not to touch Yerim at all. But she can’t help if she’s this close to the person she has liked for so long. She takes a chance and quickly hugs the blonde to her.

 

“My sister will probably kill you, you know?” Yerim says with a soft smile in her voice. Not that she’s complaining since she has wanted to hug Joy since the first time she saw her earlier this evening.

 

“It’s worth the risk. Now, we should head back over there before she really comes to do a bathroom check or something.”

 

When the two walk back over to the table the two older women are still talking. Seulgi and Joohyun look comfortable and it’s nice to see. Joohyun doesn’t even threaten Joy at all for the rest of the dinner, much to the relief of the redhead. After the bill is paid it’s Yerim’s suggestion of ice cream and walking through the nearby park by their campus. Joohyun agrees to this since it’s a nice night and it’s still pretty early.

 

“Please can Joy and I walk ahead of you two. We’re just going to talk and you can still see us.” Yerim begs her sister with a smile. Joohyun looks hesitant which is to be expected.

 

“I promise I’ll keep my hands to myself. See, I’m eating my ice cream.” Joy gestures to her strawberry ice cream and it does appear innocent enough. Besides she and Seulgi are right here.

 

“Okay, but stay where Seulgi and I can see you.”

 

“Yes!” Yerim thanks her sister with a hug. “You’re the best, sis.”

 

“What are we 5.” Joy can be heard mumbling but thanks Joohyun anyway before walking ahead with Yerim. Seulgi smiles a little at Joohyun’s expression since she may have this tough and scary routine down but deep down Seulgi has the feeling she is a softie. Plus, she is clearly a very good big sister to Yerim.

 

“That was really nice of you, Joohyun. I know you’re hesitant but Joy isn’t that bad.”

 

“I don’t know. She seems to be a troublemaker to me.”

 

Joohyun looks to see how Yerim laughs at something Joy says and her sister seems happy. She can’t deny that at all. It’s nice to see Yerim happy around someone even if that someone is Park Joy.

 

“I’m glad you agreed to chaperone this date with me, Seulgi. I wouldn’t have allowed it any other way.”

 

“Well, when my kid sister needs my help, I’m there.” Seulgi says it with a straight face and is proud of herself for saying so. In truth she has always been there for Joy whenever she needed her. If that’s not what a big sister does then Seulgi doesn’t know what is.

 

“I see.” The raven gives a little nod. “Is it okay if we sit for a bit. It’s getting a little cold with this ice cream.”

 

“Are you cold?” The monolid woman immediately takes off her blazer and before Joohyun can protest Seulgi gently places her jacket around the shorter woman. Joohyun isn’t at all shocked by this thoughtful behavior. Seulgi has been showing her nothing but a sweet and polite behavior all evening. On top of all that it doesn’t hurt that she is also attractive.

 

“Thank you, Seulgi.”

 

“You’re welcome, Joohyun.”


 

Yerim and Joy naturally see everything from where they are sitting. The two younger girls think it’s great what’s happening between Joohyun and Seulgi. Joy also thinks it’s more than likely at least one of them is getting a girlfriend out of this evening.

 

“Oh, well. At least the ice cream is good.” Joy thinks to herself.

 

“Hey, you have some ice cream on your chin.” Yerim speaks and Joy tries to reach at where the blonde is showing her. But she misses each time and that makes Yerim laugh in amusement. She thinks Joy is the cutest thing she’s ever seen.

 

“Here, let me.” She gently touches Joy’s chin to remove the ice cream. It’s a risk with Joohyun being that close but Yerim is going to take her chance. From the looks of things her sister is a bit too busy at the moment with Seulgi.

 

“Are you insane? Do you want your crazy sister to know you touched me and she kills us both?” Joy whispers to her.

 

“It’s worth the risk. You’re worth the risk, Sooyoung.” She says her real name in such a way that it makes the redhead cheeks turn a shade similar to her hair. She really likes Bae Yerim so much and god help her if this isn’t her girlfriend before the night is over.

 

“I’m fighting your sister if she doesn’t let me date you after this.”

 

Yerim proceeds to laugh so loud that it makes Joohyun and Seulgi look over at them with questioning looks. Seulgi thinks now is a good time to try and plead Joy’s case especially as it’s clear the two younger girls are that happy simply being in one another’s presence.

 

“Hey, Joohyun. Can I talk to you for a moment?”

 

“Sure.”

 

“I think you should take a look at how happy they are being around one another. Joy really isn’t that bad of a kid. She has a good heart and she would be good to your sister I can promise that. Maybe, it wouldn’t hurt to give her a chance um...on a trial basis?” Seulgi asks with a hopeful tone and smile that Joohyun swears isn’t getting to her not one bit.

 

“I’ll think about it if you tell me who you really are. Because I know there’s no way you’re related to Park Sooyoung.”

 

“Dammit.” Seulgi facepalms. Naturally, the plan would be a fail and Joohyun would not believe her. Seulgi wouldn’t have believed this either had the tables been reserved. All things considered Joohyun doesn’t seem all that angry or acting scary, unless she’s holding back for some reason.

 

“How do you know I’m not related to her, huh?”

 

Joohyun frowns and shakes her head. “For one you two look nothing alike. Now, I know that doesn’t mean anything really because siblings don’t have to look alike. But there’s just nothing about you two that screams family. Besides you’ve been acting oddly all evening and I saw your credit card when you were paying for dinner, Kang Seulgi.”

 

“Well....” The monolid woman sighs and looks so apologetic in that moment Joohyun couldn’t even be angry with the woman even if she wanted to be. She’s simply too adorable to her.

 

“Okay, please don’t be angry or anything. I was only helping Joy out because she really does like your sister. I’m her friend and well I’ve always kind of treated her like my kid sister even if we’re not truly blood related. I love her like one and anytime she needs me I have her back. She’s not a bad person or anything, Joohyun. I hope you’ll give her a chance and let her date Yerim.”

 

Joohyun hears how Seulgi talks about Joy and it sounds sweet. She sounds like an older sister looking out for their kid sister. Joohyun also sees the way Yerim looks at Joy and she can’t deny that at all. How can she deny the way they’re both looking at one another? She gets up from the bench and walks over to the two younger women. Seulgi in a panic hurries too because maybe she didn’t help and made things worse.

 

“Forgive me, Joy. I have failed you.”

 

Joy hears the footsteps first and she jumps back and behind the bench so fast. She is terrified of Joohyun.

 

“Don’t kill me. I didn’t even touch your sister.”

 

“She really didn’t, Hyun. We were only talking the whole time.”

 

“I know, calm down.” Joohyun nods. “I’ve been talking with your sister over here.” The raven says and points to Seulgi. “She has nothing but good things to say about you, Joy and I am going to give you a chance to date my sister.”

 

“What?” Both Yerim and Joy say in complete shock. Did the silly plan actually work? Joy looks at Seulgi who simply gives her the thumbs up. The redhead can’t believe what she heard.

 

“Is this a trick?”

 

“Yeah, are you just tricking us, sis?” Yerim asks her sister.

 

Joohyun frowns and then looks serious. “Do you want me to take it back?”

 

“No, we don’t want you to take it back. I mean, I’m surprised is all. I thought you hated my guts or something.” Joy admits.

 

“I am still kind of wary of you, Joy. But I am willing to give it a chance because Seulgi spoke so highly of you. I will be watching and if you mistreat my sister in anyway there will hell to pay.” She says it in a quiet but serious tone of voice that makes all three of them scared.

 

“Um, yes, ma’am!” The taller girl nods several times and stands at attention. “You don’t have to worry about that because I am really crazy about Yerimie. I only want to be with her.”

 

Yerim beams up at Joy when she hears how the redhead says that. She only really wants to be with Joy too. She looks at her sister because she has to get Joohyun to understand that.

 

“I really like Joy so much and she’s the only one I want to be with too. Thank you, sis for at least giving us a chance to date. If it doesn’t work out then you can kill her.” Yerim teases and that makes Joohyun laugh.

 

“Hey!” Joy pouts. “You’re supposed to be on my side, Yerimie.”

 

“I’m kidding, babe.”

 

“Well, okay then. Now, since you’re my girlfriend now. I hope so, anyway. Is it okay if I hold your hand at least until we get back towards campus?” she asks but she is really more directing the question toward her sister. Joohyun may be lightening up a little but that doesn’t mean Joy is suddenly not afraid of her. She would be a fool to not be afraid of Bae Joohyun.

 

“Fine, you may hold her hand. But that’s all you better do, Park.”

 

“Yes, ma’am!”

 

It’s cute to see the adorable and almost shy why Joy reaches for Yerim’s hand and they walk of ahead of Joohyun and Seulgi. It leaves Joohyun and Seulgi some more time to talk which is honestly fine with the two of them. Seulgi feels the need to apologize anyway.

 

“Thank you for giving Joy a chance. It really does mean a lot to her to be able to date Yerim. I’m also sorry for lying to you as well, Joohyun.”

 

“I normally wouldn’t like liars, but in this case I do understand why you did it, Seulgi. It’s honestly been nice meeting you.” The raven admits with a soft smile on her face that makes Seulgi smile back too. She thinks it’s been really nice meeting Bae Joohyun too.

 

“It was nice meeting you too.”

 

The whole walk back to the campus she and Joohyun talk casually and mostly about the kids. Seulgi wants to ask Joohyun out many times throughout the walk on their own date. She would like to see her again maybe on their own one on one. The nerves get the better of her and she never does. The reach the campus soon and it’s time to split up.

 

“I’ll see you at school on Monday.” Joy can be heard telling Yerim.

 

“I’ll see you at school.” She hugs Joy goodbye extra tightly since there’s no way she can give Joy any sort of kiss with her sister this close. It’s a miracle that she can even call Joy her girlfriend now all thanks to this stupid plan somehow working out. Yerim heads over to Joohyun’s car to wait for her sister and Joy heads to Seulgi’s but not before giving the monolid woman the thumbs up.

 

“Good luck, sis. I think she likes you.” The redhead mouths to Seulgi who can only shake her head in dismay. That kid will surely be the death of her at some point one day. She turns back to Joohyun and smiles in a cute but clearly nervous manner that warms Joohyun’s heart.

 

“Well, I better get this kid home. Have a good rest of your evening, Joohyun.”

 

“Wait a moment.” The raven says. “Don’t forget this.” She hands over a purple napkin that Seulgi recognizes from the ice cream Joohyun had earlier. The monolid woman blinks a few times wondering why she was just given this. The shorter woman laughs because she figured Seulgi didn’t know what it was for.

 

“You’re going to need that if you plan to call me and ask me out later.”

 

“Huh, oh….how’d you…”

 

“I know everything.” Joohyun laughs a little and walks away toward her car. “Have a good evening, Kang Seulgi. I look forward to your car.”

 

Seulgi stands in shock for a long moment after that. Bae Joohyun is something else entirely. “She’s a scary woman indeed...but a beautiful scary woman.” Seulgi thinks before heading to her own car. She secures the number first and gets in the driver’s seat. Seulgi sees Joy happily texting away with Yerim like she didn’t just say goodbye to the girl moments ago.

 

“You’re acting like you didn’t just see her.” Seulgi teases.

 

“Shut up and let me miss my girlfriend!” Joy complains but does put her phone away. “Hey, thank you for helping me. I can’t believe that whole thing worked.”

 

“It didn’t work. She knows I’m not your actual sister, Joy.”

 

“Oh….” The redhead nods. “Well, yeah I’m not surprised it didn’t actually work. No one would really fall for that stupid plan. But who cares I still got my girl and um…” She gently nudges Seulgi in the shoulder. “It looks like you just might get a girlfriend too.”

 

Seulgi smiles a little. “Well, we’ll see.”

 

Joy laughs out loud. “Oh, you’ll definitely be going out with her. But Yerimie and I think you two would be cute. Thank you for helping me out, sis.”

 

“You’re welcome, sis.”


 

On their drive home Joohyun listens to Yerim talk about how happy she was to finally be able to call Joy her girlfriend. She also thanks her for finally giving Joy a chance and again repeats that she is the best big sister she could ever have. Joohyun is honestly glad to see her sister this happy. She does love the girl and wants her to be happy and if Park Joy is the one that’s going to make her happy then she can learn to deal with it. Of course, while still keeping an eye on that girl because she will watch out for her kid sister always.

 

“I guess someone likes Joy’s sister, huh?” Yerim teases.

 

Joohyun looks at her with a deadpan look as she parks the car. “Seulgi is not Joy’s sister, Yerimie.”

 

“W-What are you talking about, Hyun…” Yerim laughs nervously. “Of course she’s her sister.”

 

Joohyun again looks at her like “Are you serious right now?” It’s why Yerim stops laughing because of course Seulgi isn’t Joy’s sister and any idiot could see that much.

 

“When did you realize?”

 

“They were acting oddly all evening. It was just obvious. It was sweet in a way because Seulgi was helping her out.”

 

Yerim looks at her sister with a knowing look. “You like her, don’t you?”

 

“I…” Joohyun pauses. “That is none of your business.”

 

“Aww, I think it’s cute, Hyun. You should get yourself a girlfriend. Plus it’s not like Seulgi isn’t cute or anything. Joy and I both think you and her would look cute together. I hope you two go out together, you know alone.” Yerim says in a hopeful tone before giving her a hug. Joohyun thanks her sister and they head inside of their house. Joohyun turns when she hears her phone buzzing in her bag and she notices a phone number she doesn’t recognizes but decides to answer. She smiles immediately when she hears a familiar voice.

 

“Hi, Joohyun. It’s Seulgi, um Kang Seulgi.”

 

“Yes, Kang Seulgi. Not Joy’s sister.” Joohyun teases and Seulgi laughs.

 

“That’s right, just Kang Seulgi. I’m sorry if it’s too soon. Is it too soon to call you. I hope not.”

 

Joohyun knows this woman is the most adorable thing ever and she has only just really met her.

 

“No, it’s not too soon. I’m glad you called.”

 

“Oh, good.” Seulgi says in relief. “I really would like to take you out on a date. If that would be alright with you.”

 

That would be more than alright with her. “You know what, Seulgi. I would love to go out on a date with you.”

 

Yerim stands on the stairs with phone in her hand texting Joy what she has just observed. Her sister has a date with her fake sister and it’s just about the sweetest and purest thing that could have happened.

 

“Hey, Joy. Who would have really thought your plan would have gotten us together and my sister her own girlfriend too. You’re a genius, babe.”

 

Moments later a text pops up with Joy sending a lot of unreadable words, some emojis and finally some words she can read.

 

“Never underestimate the power of a stupid plan and fake but real sisters. I am a total genius, babe.”



 

A/N: Alright, this is now complete. I almost thought I wouldn’t get this done at all. But it’s done and I am honestly pretty okay with it overall. I think it turned out pretty decent considering and now that makes something else complete on my list and much more things to go. But progress is progress, right lol. Thanks for reading :)