You don't have a sister

Help me sister

A/N: A story with two of my utmost favorite ships, Joyri and Seulrene. So prepare for a very cute, sweet funny story. Please enjoy.

 

For 21-year-old Park Sooyoung or “Joy” as she would insist on everyone calling her has had a major crush on Bae Yerim. An adorable 19-year-old, gorgeous, small brunette, whom she has been crushing on since HS. Joy had turned down many a date with a lot of pretty girls. Since, she only really had eyes for Yerim, or Yeri as she normally went by. They share a few classes together and try to hang out when they can. Only, they’ve never had the chance to go out on an actual date. She’s been trying for what feels like forever to get Yeri to agree to go out with her.

 

Yeri, however always refuses her. The frustrating thing though is that Joy knows it’s not because Yeri doesn’t like her back, or that the slightly younger girl isn’t interested in her too. It’s all because of her scary older sister Joohyun. Bae Joohyun is a terrifying woman who keeps any and all people away from asking her younger sister out. It always seemed like Joohyun is either always around or sends others to make sure Yeri can’t say yes, ever. For example, one day just outside of their school when Joohyun was dropping Yeri off. Joy was barely anywhere near Yeri, and her sister made sure of it.

 

(Flashback)

 

Joy could see Yeri waving goodbye to her sister and now heading into school.

 

“Joy, hi.” Yeri waves to her and Joy could feel her heart pounding hard in her chest.

 

“Hi, Yeri…”

 

“Park!” Joohyun shouts out from her car. “Keep your hands off of my baby sister!”

 

“Uh, yes, ma’am!” Joy nods eagerly, even though she was really no where near Yeri at all. Joy mouths to Yeri that she will see her later on in class.

 

“Park, don’t hit on my sister.”

 

“Uh yes, ma’am.”

 

The taller girl ran away fast after that. Because honestly Joohyun creeps her out so badly. She’ll have to try another time to speak with Yeri. Preferably when her sister is nowhere near.

 

(End)

 

Even at school their professors would stop Joy from trying to ask Yeri out.

 

“Now, Ms. Park you know you’re not supposed to be asking Bae Joohyun’s sister out!”  They would tell her all the time and that would shut her up. It was really frustrating not being able to get some true one on one time with Yeri. Yeri is really the girl of her dreams. She’s perfect for her in every way. The share the same savagery, evilness, and basic interests. Like music and their love/obsession for chicken. They can barely see each other as much as Joy would like and even their phone conversations are often limited.

 

“Yerimie, I’m seriously tempted to kidnap you, so we can date.” Joy tells her over the phone on afternoon. Hearing that makes Yeri laugh, because she doesn’t think Joy is kidding about that at all. She does understand her frustrations. Her sister is very overprotective over her and won’t let anyone ask her out. It’s not just Joy. Joohyun makes sure of that much, even though Yeri really likes Joy a lot.

 

“Joy, I like you so much. You know that. But, you might have to give up. My sis won’t let me date you, or anyone else really.”

 

Joy gasps on the line as if the idea of giving up Yeri was simply out of the question.

 

“I’ll never quit on you, Yeri. You’re definitely the one for me. There just has to be a way to get your sister to back off.”

 

“Well, maybe if she had her own girlfriend, or some sort of life of her own.”

 

That’s when it hits Joy. What if instead of a one on one date. Joohyun comes along with someone of Joy’s own choosing. She has just the perfect person in mind. She doesn’t know why she didn’t think of it before. But it will be brilliant, especially if all goes well.

 

“Yeri, what about if I introduce your sister to mine?”

 

This is for sure news to Yeri. She has known Joy for years now, so what sister has she been hiding this whole time.

 

“Um, what sister? You don’t have a sister, Joy.”

 

“Not that your sister knows of, anyway.” Joy cackles. “It could work. We can trick her into thinking I have a sister. Just leave it to me. It’ll work, you’ll see.”

 

“Joy, you’re so manipulative, bad, evil, and I love it.” Yeri cackles right along with her.

 

This is partly why they are so perfect for one another. Yeri is every bit the evil and savage girl that she is. Well, when they both want to be that is. It's not like they're not both sweet and adorable kids at the end of the day, just ask anyone and they would agree. Joy is very convinced that the two of them belong together, and no one will convince her that they don’t belong together. She will definitely convince Joohyun to see it as well. They soon end the call, and Joy hurries to go over to her favorite older friend's place. She has a huge favor to ask of her. The very second that Yeri hangs up. Joohyun is right there and seeming to appear out of nowhere.

 

“You weren’t talking to that Sooyoung girl. Were you?”

 

“No, sis, of course not. You’re so paranoid.”

 

“Hm, yeah right. Yeri, you know I don’t want you spending so much time with that girl. She’s a bad influence.”
 

Joohyun has seen enough bad influences in her 26 years to spot one automatically.  Park Sooyoung or Joy. Whatever she is calling herself is a very bad influence. She will protect her younger sister even if it means that she’ll also protect her from her own self. Yeri just shows a picture of a smiling Joy who looks so innocent and adorable.

 

“But, sis. Look at this face. How can this face be bad for me?”

 

The older raven looks disgusted by the very question. Sure, the pretty dark-haired girl in that picture looks innocent. But there’s no way Joohyun actually believes that she is.

 

“I don’t trust it. I definitely don’t trust her. You’re my sister,  Yeri. I love you.”

 

“I love you too, Joohyun. But you have to let me live already.”

 

“You’ll live when you move out of my house and pay for your own things. Until then you live in my house, so it’s my rules, young lady.”

 

“Fine, Mom!”

 

Yeri storms off with Joohyun shouting at her to not call her mom again or she’ll be grounded for life. When she gets to her room. All Yeri can do is stare at some of the pictures of Joy on her phone, and a few of the ones they took together. She hopes that Joy can find the perfect person to help distract her sister. Otherwise, they might never have a date of their own one day, and she might actually be grounded forever.


 

When Joy gets to her favorite friend's place. She has two arms full of pringles in her hand. It’s too soften the blow, sweeten the deal, and make her friend say yes. When her older friend gets to the door she is dressed in shorts and sleeveless shirt. She really looks like she has probably just woken up.

 

“Joy, what are you doing here?” The older monolid woman with brown hair questions sleepily.

 

“Hi, Seulgi!” She tries to hug her. But there are pringles in the way. “I came to see you.”

 

“Um, okay. But why?” As Joy doesn’t just drop by unless there is some sort of reason or if she needs something. Joy just shoves all of the pringles into Seulgi’s arms.

 

“Why can’t I just want to see you, Seulgi? You’re my favorite older friend. Just like I’m your favorite younger friend.”

 

“I don’t remember saying you were.”

 

“Hey, Seulgi!” Joy complains. The taller girl then remembers why she is here. She needs to be nice than this if she wants for Seulgi to agree to her plans.

 

“Yeah, well I don’t believe I’m your favorite, Joy.” Seulgi scoffs. “What did you do? How much trouble are you in?”

 

The taller girl laughs. “Come on. I’m not always in trouble.”

 

Seulgi is looking at her with eyebrow raised. She doesn’t believe that there is ever a moment where Joy isn’t in trouble.

 

“Okay, fine. Well, I’m not in trouble right now, Seulgi. I do have a huge favor I need to ask you.”

 

Seulgi honestly doesn’t even want to think about whatever Joy needs this favor for. She hasn’t ever gotten anything good out of favors that Joy needs. She’s gotten almost arrested, lost nearly all her money at one time, and been her unwilling accomplice for many of Joy’s misdeeds. It's safe to say Seulgi is always wary when Joy says she needs a favor. Also, at the same time she can’t really ever say no to her. She cares alot about the younger girl, and has always treated her like a younger sister.

 

“What is it, Joy?”

 

“Well, you remember my crush Yeri?”

 

“Yea, the one that you’re so hopeless about?”
 

“Yea.” Joy nods. “So, remember her scary sister I told you about, Joohyun? She won’t let me take Yeri out. I was thinking. What if I had my own sister there when we go out. You know to help out and distract her sister.”

 

“Okay, so the only thing is that you don’t have a sister, Joy.”

 

“Exactly!” The taller girl agrees. “But, I kinda do right, Seulgi?”

 

Seulgi blinks several times before it dawns on her what Joy is exactly saying to her.

 

“Oh no, no way. I’m not going to pretend to be your sister just for you to get a date. You said her sister is scary? What makes you think I can help you with that?”

 

Seulgi is a very attractive, sweet, and nice girl. She is a teddy bear both physically and in her behavior. There’s no way even someone as scary as Joohyun could resist her.

 

“Seulgi, look at you. You’re a literal teddy bear in every sense. You’re so pretty and nice. Who can actually resist you? Please, Seulgi. I’ll beg you if I have to.” Now Joy has the puppy dog eyes on to the max. She is even biting down on her bottom lip, which is currently quivering. Yea, Joy is really going the extra mile.

 

“No, Joy. Will you stop that. It doesn’t work on me.”

 

“Please, Seulgi. I love you.” She says with a ton of cuteness that wasn't there a few moments ago.

 

“Why can’t you ask anyone else? You have other older friends who aren’t me.”

 

“Because, you’re my favorite! Maybe, you’ll also get a date out of this yourself.”

 

Seulgi seriously doubts that will happen, especially if Yeri’s sister is as bad as Joy is telling her. Why would she want to date a scary girl, anyway?

 

“Fine, I’ll help you.”

 

“You will?”

 

“Yes, I will help you, Joy..”

 

“Oh, thank you, Seulgi. Thank you!” She hugs her really tight, and kisses her cheek several times. Seulgi has no idea how grateful she is to her right now.

 

“Alright, you’re welcome.” Seulgi pats her back. She has the most terrible feeling about all of this. Just how scary is Yeri’s sister?



 

When Yeri gets the text from Joy that everything's a go. She’s relieved, but also now it’s her turn to tell her sister.

 

“Hey, sis. So, you don’t want me to date Joy because you think that she’s bad for me, right?”
 

“That’s right! That girl is no good for you, Yeri.”

 

“Okay, so how about you chaperone the date? Joy’s older sister will come too.”

 

Joohyun blinks, seeming to process the information that Yeri is throwing at her. Well, if she and Joy’s sister are both there. Then there will be two pairs of eyes to watch the kids. It might not be such a bad idea.

 

“Sooyoung has a sister?”

 

“Yep, an older sister. Maybe, you two could even become friends, sis.”

 

Now, Joohyun highly doubts that will happen. She’s more interested in having someone with her to make sure this “date” doesn’t go anywhere.

 

“Fine, Yerimie. Since, you’re so determined to have this date then Sooyoung’s sister and I will be there.”

 

“Thank you, Joohyun. You’re the best.” Yeri hugs Joohyun as if she just made her favorite chicken meal.

 

“Yeah, yeah. You’re welcome.” Only Joohyun can’t help but to think. Since when does Sooyoung have a sister?


 

A/N: First chapter is done! I hope you all enjoyed this a little, and are interested to read more of this.