13.

Blind

Taekwoon swallowed the last of his coffee and paced back and forth in his room. He had spent sleepless nights for the past one week due the the pressure and stress he was go8ng through. The ongoing war was one thing, his missing fiancé was another.

There was a soft knock on his door and he called for the person to enter. Hong Bin appeared and limped into the room.

"Take a seat, you must be tired," Taekwoon pulled out a chair and helped Hong Bin to it.

"Taekwoon-hyung, we're winning the war but there's still no news of Hakyeon-hyung. All we know is that he was captured by the guards from your previous district," Hong Bin announced.

Taekwoon massaged his temples. He was going insane with Hakyeon's disappearance. Who knows what Hakyeon was going through?

"Get Jaehwan and Wonshik," Taekwoon stood up and walked towards his wardrobe. "We're going to get Hakyeon on our own-".

"But the Queen said not to-"

Taekwoon slammed the table beside him. "It doesn't matter what she says! Hakyeon was taken away from me, how do you think I feel?!"

Hong Bin flinched and stared at Taekwoon who was fuming mad. He remained silent as Taekwoon took a deep breath in.

"What would you do if Hyuk was captured? How would you feel, knowing that the one love is out there somewhere all alone?", Taekwoon voice cracked and he felt his heart ache.

Hong Bin nodded and stood up, telling Taekwoon to meet him and the rest near the back gate. Taekwoon got changed and kept his ring in his pocket for safe keeping. Don't worry Hakyeon-ah. I'm coming for you.

°•°•°•°

The familiar sounds of metal chains made Hakyeon shiver. He re-examined his surroundings and saw a dark figure in the corner of the room. How many days had he spent dwelling in this miserable chamber? It felt like months.

"You're awake I suppose," the dark figure spoke.

"Let me go, what do you want?!", Hakyeon shouted at the man and pulled his hands weakly from the chains.

The man slid his finger across Hakyeon's chin, down his chest and to his waist. Hakyeon whimpered and the man chuckled.

"I was ordered to torture you. Maybe we could have a little fun, you know?", the man grunted and roamed his hands all over Hakyeon's body.

"S-Stop it!", Hakyeon begged and tried moving away.

The man grabbed onto Hakyeon's neck and slapped him across, using some sort of tape to cover Hakyeon's mouth. The man easily ripped off Hakyeon's shirt and undid his pants. Poor Hakyeon cried as loud as he could but nobody came in to help him. Not even Taekwoon. Taekwoon, where are you? I need you...

°•°•°•°

Taekwoon and the other four stepped into the forest. The facade of the castle Hakyeon was most likely in could be seen clearly and they were close by.

"Hong Bin and I will take care of the guards. Jaehwan, Wonshik will help get Hakyeon out of there. Sang Hyuk will be waiting outside to check for any guards," Taekwoon explained while walking through the thick grass.

"Be safe," Taekwoon heard Hong Bin mutter to Hyuk as he placed a kiss on Hyuk's forehead.

Behind him, he could hear Jaehwan and Wonshik whispering sweet nothings to each other and he rolled his eyes.

"Can you all focus on the task at hand and stop flirting?", Taekwoon deadpanned and the younger ones laughed.

"Says the one who's cheesy and romantic towards his fiancé," Wonshik mused and earned a jab from Taekwoon's elbow.

They had reached the castle faster than they had expected and executed their plan as per Taekwoon's instructions. Taekwoon and Hong Bin cleared the area for Jaehwan and Wonshik and the two rushed to check the possible areas Hakyeon could've been.

"Wonshik! Here!", Jaehwan exclaimed and rushed into the chamber.

His boyfriend tried desperately to knock the man out and only succeeded after a few minutes. Meanwhile, Jaehwan was busy unlocking the chains with the keys he had found.

"Hakyeon...", Jaehwan muttered under his breath as he carried his hyung on his back.

Wonshik was done tying up the man and left quickly with Jaehwan. He halted and went back to the room to pick up a piece of fabric to cover Hakyeon's bare body. They rushed to where the rest were waiting. Taekwoon's eyes widened and craddled Hakyeon in his arms while they went back into the forest, and onto the boat to leave the district immediately. Hakyeon was still unconscious thoughout.

Taekwoon caressed Hakyeon's face gently and bought him closer to his body. Bruises and fresh cuts were apparent on his body and Taekwoon felt himself trying to hold back his tears. Wonshik sensed Taekwoon's worry and patted his arm. Taekwoon smiled sadly at his best friend, thanking him and the rest for their help.

Back at the castle, Taekwoon called for a royal doctor to tend to Hakyeon's wounds and waited nervously outside.

"Jung Taekwoon! I told you not to leave the palace!", the Queen yelled at the top of her lungs as she approached Taekwoon.

"Eomma, listen- Ouch!", Taekwoon screamed as the Queen pulled his ears and twisted them.

"Eomma! I couldn't just wait for Hakyeon to miraculously come back," Taekwoon reasoned out.

His mother slapped his head. "I know, but please don't disappear like that that again. I don't want to lose my son a second time."

Taekwoon muttered a small 'okay' and an apology before the Queen was called by one of the guards and left Taekwoon. He heard a small creak and ran to the door, anxiously asking the doctor about Hakyeon's condition.

"Hakyeon is doing fine as of now but he may have some problems psychologically due to trauma. Make sure to be patient with him," the doctor informed and took his leave.

Taekwoon closed the door behind him and sat beside Hakyeon. "Yeon-ah, how are you feeling?"

He reached out for Hakyeon but the older male flinched away. "Don't touch me."

"What?"

"I said, don't touch me," Hakyeon warned in a stern voice.

Taekwoon frowned and brought his hnad back to lap. He waited for Hakyeon to speak but Hakyeon never did.

"Are you in pain? Hakyeon-"

"I needed you Taekwoon," Hakyeon said in a shaky voice. "But you weren't there for me."

Taekwoon didnt know what to reply. Was Hakyeon trying to blame him? He was so worried for Hakyeon yet all Hakyeon could do was to say it was his faul

"I risked my life to save you from that castle, Hakyeon! I didn't sleep for days because I was worried sick and all you're saying now is that i wasn't there for you?!", Taekwoon's tone got louder towards the end and Hakyeon glared at him.

The older male shouted back at him. "You promised me, Jung Taekwoon! You said I was safe with you, you told me I would never get hurt again!"

"Cha Hakyeon listen to yourself! I was trying my best to help you why are you being mad at me?!", the younger male stood up, his temper going out of control.

"You ing liar, get out!", Hakyeon spat, tears forming at the corner of his eyes.

Without another word, Taekwoon left the room and made sure to slam the door. Taekwoon unsure when the tears started falling but he soon realised that he was bawling his eyes out. He couldn't understand why Hakyeon was acting this way.

I don't want to lose him...