11.

Blind

Wonshik wrote the last lyric to the music piece on his new notebook. He ran through the it once more and was sure that it was perfect for Taekwoon.

"Oh, just in time. I've written the piece of music so let's run through it?", Wonshik asked as Taekwoon entered the room.

The prince nodded and was excited. It had been about a week since they'd been at the new palace and things were running smoothly for everyone. Jaehwan and Wonshik adopted a little dog named "", Taekwoon got closer to his parents and Hyuk seemed ten times happier than Taekwoon had ever seen him before.

The first night they had arrived there, Taekwoon had already arranged for them to have a surprise for his beloved Hakyeon. Lucky for him, it was all going according to plan. Jaehwan was in charge if distracting Hakyeon while Hong Bin and Hyuk helped with the set up. Taekwoon and Wonshik spent hours in the music room, leaving Hakyeon and Jaehwan to have a little more time together.

***

"Why would you name it ?", Hakyeon was playing with the little puppy and asked Jaehwan.

Jaehwan shrugged and told him it was Wonshik's idea. The older male just went with it, not interested in knowing more.

"You and Taekwoon must be really happy? I can tell how much he loves you just by his actions, " Jaehwan told the him.

However, Hakyeon just sighed and didn't respond immediately. "... I do too but..."

"But what?"

Hakyeon quietened down and dismissed Jaehwan's question. He wasn't in the mood to think about it. Taekwoon was having the happiest time and Hakyeon didn't want to bother him with more problems. Jaehwan was about to continue asking futher when he was interrupted by someone.

"Hakyeon!"

The male heard his name from the familiar voice of his boyfriend and went over to give him a big hug. Taekwoon smirked and placed a small kiss on Hakyeon's cheek. Taekwoon looked to Jaehwan and nodded, signalling that he could leave.

"Enjoy Hakyeon! Taekwoon's such a sweetheart that he-"

"Lee Jaehwan one more word and you're dead!", Taekwoon cut in and death glared at his friend.

Jaehwan ran off giggling, making Hakyeon even more confused. "What's going on? Enjoy what?"

"You'll see."

Taekwoon took Hakyeon's hand in his and led them to the room. On the bed was a tuxedo that had a velvety feel to it and was laced with tiny jewels on the hem. Hakyeon was in awe as he felt the fabric between his hands and looked up excitedly at Taekwoon. The prince patted Hakyeon's head and told him to get changed into it.

"This is for me? I can't possibly wear such an expensive piece of clothing!"

Taekwoon moved closer to Hakyeon's face and held his chin, gazing at his boyfriend. "Get changed, Hakyeon, I made it just for you."

Hakyeon was slightly taken aback by his sudden gesture and went off without being told twice. He had to admit, that was hot and in way, dominating. ( can you imagine Leo in a low, husky and soft voice, speaking to you with your face hella close to his? okay I'm sorry)

When Hakyeon reappeared, Taekwoon took a good look of him and swore he could've fainted. The sight of Hakyeon was beyond amazing ; his skin complimented really well with the tuxedo, and the fabric hugged his skin such that Hakyeon's beautiful figure was flaunt.

"You look so handsome and stunning, my love," Taekwoon gave his boyfriend a sweet compliment and called him by a pet name.

Hakyeon felt a blush creeping onto his face and denied it. "Aish, I think it's not that bad."

"It's not bad, you look incredibly hot," Taekwoon teased and squeezed his , earning a small squeak from Hakyeon.

Taekwoon laughed and gestured for Hakyeon to follow him once again, to the other side of the palace. They entered a dimly lit room that was essentially the dining area. The prince helped Hakyeon to his seat and they both shared a hearty dinner.

"What's the occasion? Is it an important date today because I don't remember it being my birthday," Hakyeon mused as he drank a sip of red wine.

Taekwoon shook his head. "No occasion. I just, wanted to make you happy."

Out of nowhere, soft, gentle music started playing and Taekwoon rose to his feet. He bowed to Hakyeon and smiled.

"Dance with me?"

Hakyeon didn't say a word but his eyes sparkled as he stood up and placed his hand around Taekwoon's waist and the other on his shoulder. Their feet moved in perfect motion and every step made Hakyeon even happier. This was it. This was perfect. Both of them had each other and that was all they needed.

"Sorry if this wasn't like a giant ball or party you would've expected," Taekwoon admitted.

"This is better because I get to share this moment with you and you only. Thank you so much Taekwoon-ah I-"

Hakyeon had stopped mid sentence because Taekwoon dropped onto one knee unexpectedly. The prince reached out into his pocket and pulled out a small box.

"Hakyeon-ah, we've been together for at least five months now. Thanks to you I've found the true meaning of joy and love, which was something I was struggling to figure out on my own. I know I may be quiet and bad with expressing my feelings for you but I'm trying, really."

Hakyeon gulped and covered his mouth with his free hand. Was this what he thought Taekwoon was doing?

The prince continued to say," So Yeonie-ah, will you be my fiancé?"

Taekwoon opened the mini box to reveal a silver and gold ring, engraved with both their initials in it. Hakyeon's head was spinning and he felt giddy. He balled his hands into a fist and took a step backwards.

"T-Taekwoon I... I'm so sorry," those words left Hakyeon's mouth and he ran away.

Taekwoon fell to the floor, unable to understand why Hakyeon reacted that way. Was he not good enough for Hakyeon? Did he do something wrong? The poor boy sat alone in the room, not knowing what to do. How was he going to face Hakyeon now?

"Taekwoon-ah, how did it go?"

The prince saw his mother approaching him and showed her the box with the untouched ring in it. His mother sighed and sat next to her helpless son.

"He must have his reasons, Taekwoon. I'm sure he loves you too so reason it out with him. Don't rush anything and be understanding, " his mother advised and placed an arm around her son.

All Taekwoon could do was nod and hold back his tears. Hakyeon must have had his reasons and he was going to find them out. True enough, Hakyeon was in their bedroom, hugging hie knees in the corner of the room. Taekwoon swiftly went to Hakyeon and pulled him into a soft hug. He could feel that Hakyeon's face was wet and that he was still sniffing.

"Hakyeon-ah, it's okay," Taekwoon consoled and his silky hair between his fingers.

Hakyeon instantly felt calmer and held on to Taekwoon, muttering apologies.

"What do you have to be sorry for, hm? It's my fault for rushing things", Taekwoon whispered into his ear.

Hakyeon mumbled, "F-For running away. I really love you Taekwoon I do but..."

"But?", Taekwoon prompted, looking down at Hakyeon and brushing his hair from his face.

"Well, you're a prince and I'm just a nobody? Taekwoon you're going to become king one day and I'm just going to get in your way-"

Taekwoon cut him of by placing a finger on his lips. "Why would you think that?"

Hakyeon shrugged, unsure of his response. Taekwoon finally figured out why Hakyeon had seemed slightly distant these few days. How could he not realise this?

"Remember how I said I wanted to grow old with you? How we would have children together? You mean the most to me, Hakyeon-ah. If I'm the king, then you'll be my queen, " Taekwoon joked at the last bit.

Hakyeon chuckled and hit his chest. "First you say I'm the mum, now I've taken the role of the Queen that's not fair, Daeguni."

Taekwoon said no word, connecting his lips with Hakyeon. His hands were held protectively around Hakyeon's waist and the tanner male laced his arms around Taekwoon's neck. The kiss of soft and lingering. It wasn't sensual or rushed and it gave Hakyeon a sense of comfort and security. It made him realise how Taekwoon would always be here and care for him no matter what. It showed him he was loved.

"I'm w-willing," Hakyeon stammered out.

"Willing to what?"

Hakyeon chuckled at his dense boyfriend. "To be your fiancé."

Taekwoon's entire face lit up as he fumbled through his pockets for the ring. With shaky fingers, he slotted the ring with was a perfect fit for Hakyeon's finger, and the other did the same.

"It's so pretty and gorgeous," Hakyeon's eyes twinkled the slightest bit as he gazed upon the ring.

"Pretty and gorgeous like the soon to be Jung Hakyeon," Taekwoon joked and made Hakyeon laugh out loud.

Hakyeon seemed as if he was in deep thought for a second and then said,"Let's do it, I trust you."