End

Glances

Taehyung, fully covered with a padded jacket, mask, and a cap, is waiting for Joy to come. He is sitting on a bench, enjoying the calmness of the night when he heard footsteps of someone running from behind; he turned around and it was Joy.

“Oppa! Sorry! Did you wait for so long?” Joy, now in front of Taehyung, is catching her breath while saying those.

“No, it’s okay. Sit here.” He tapped the spot beside him, and Joy followed him.

They were quiet for some time, just enjoying the view and the peacefulness around them. Maybe because they were in an event where there are so many people and the cheers of the fans are so loud and overwhelming that they kind of missed the quietness of the night. And they actually understand it.

From time to time, Joy keeps on glancing at Taehyung, which was supposed to be a secret one, but little did she know he actually knows it. And with that, Joy takes another look which he timed where he also looks at her. Once their eyes met, Joy quickly looks away, knowing she’s caught.

“Is there something you want to say?” V asked, looking at her with adoration.

Looking anywhere but V, Joy shakes her head, which he finds so cute.

“I’ll do the talk then,” V announced as if he’s waiting for this moment.

Joy, on the other hand, can’t look at him in the eyes as she nervously waits for him to start.

“You know, I’m glad that you “married” Sungjae. If not, we would not have been friends.” He started.

Friends… Joy repeated the word in her mind. Of course, we’re just friends. What am I even expecting? She thought.

“And this may sound so bad, but I’m gladder that you two didn’t truly like each other.” He looked at her to see her reaction to his indirect confession, but it seems like she didn’t get it.

After Joy heard what he just said, lots of things came through her mind, trying to find the meaning behind his words. For a moment, she thought that he likes her too, but another, she did not want to expect anything. And for her to know what he truly means, she gathered the courage to ask him.

“Why?” It’s now her turn to look at him, and her eyes locked to his.

They stare at each other. Looking deeply into each other’s eyes; looking for answers to the questions in their minds. Once V got the assurance from her eyes, he said it.

“Because I like you.”

When he said it, Joy’s heart skipped a beat and her stomach is now full of butterflies. She couldn’t be any happier! These are the words she always dreamt to hear from him, but she didn’t think that it would really happen. But right now, he just said it!

“Are you just really going to stare at me like that?” V said, breaking their eye contact, now feeling embarrassed to his confession.

“Can you say it again? Please?” Joy pleased him as she gave him her eye smile.

“What’s your answer first?” V challenged her.

“I’ll answer after you say it again. Promise!” Joy raised her right hand as she promised.

“I like you.” He whispered.

“What?” Joy puts her hand to her ear, signing him to say it louder.

“I LIKE YOU!” He yelled, but not too loud to make a scene, though there are no people around.

“Are you angry?” She acts as if she’s hurt.

“No –” Before he could finish his sentence, Joy cut him off by saying,

“I like you, too.” She confessed looking sincerely in his eyes.

Taehyung was caught off guard with her sudden confession and now processing the words Joy had just said. Did I hear it, right? He thought.

“Rea – really?” He asked her, hoping that it’s not just his imagination.

Joy, having the confidence, holds his hands tight, look straight into his eyes and smile.

“Yes, I really like you, Kim Taehyung.” She confessed again, heart beating so fast. She feels ecstatic to finally saying these words to him, words that were meant to be unsaid – that was she thought in the past.

Taehyung couldn’t contain his happiness, pulls her into his arms, embracing her tightly. Joy, flustered at first, hugs him back.

“Thank you, Joy! You don’t know how happy I am right now!” He said and gives her forehead a light kiss.

“Trust me; I know what you feel right now.” She said softly, hugging him tighter.

“I’m not dreaming, right? Tell me, I’m not.”

Joy lets go of the hug to look at him. V looked anxious for a bit, what if I’m really dreaming?  He thought for a second, but it was gone the moment he felt something soft in his cheek. And that makes him come to his senses. Joy is kissing me on the cheek!!!!!  His heart’s exploding and his mind stopped processing for a moment. All he wanted was to treasure this moment.

“You’re not dreaming, oppa.” Joy said after the kiss.

“Wha-what did you just do?” V asked her, not believing what she just did.

What did I just do?! Did I just really kiss him on his cheek?! I must have gone crazy, really! Am I out of my mind? I can’t believe you, Park Sooyoung! Joy talked to herself; suddenly realizing what she just did.

“You know, oppa, it’s getting late. Maybe we should get back to our dorms now.” She said changing the topic.

V recovered himself and laughed at Joy for her sudden change of mood.

“You know, you’re so cute, Park Sooyoung.” Now, it’s Joy’s turn to blush.

“What are you saying all of a sudden?” That’s all she could say. Smiling brightly, she cannot hide the fact that she liked what he said.

“But really, we need to go back now.” She stood up from her seat, holding his hand, motioning him to stand too.

They started to walk, holding each other hands tightly; giving each other warm from the cold. Just after a few minutes, they are now in front of Joy’s dorm.

“Go in.” He told her, but still holding her hand.

“You go first.” She insisted.

This kind of situation will always be happening in every couple’s front door. They lasted for a minute with a conclusion that Joy will be going in first.

“I’ll go now, then.”

“Goodnight.” He then pulls her into a hug and kisses her on the forehead, which she did not see coming.

After that, Joy, who’s flustered, could only stare at Taehyung and muttered “goodnight.”

They let go of each other’s hand and she’s now by the entrance door. She waved one last goodbye before she really enters the building.

Taehyung, on the other side, watched Joy until he cannot see her anymore. He started walking; after a few steps, he felt hands surrounded his waist. He knew who it is just by looking at the hands. He holds it as a response to her.

“Be careful on your way home.” She said.

“Did you come back here just to say that?” He felt a nod on his back and chuckled on her excuse.

He loosens her grip on his waist and faced her.

He put his hands on her cheeks, looks her in the eyes and said, “I will.”

Joy gave him one last hug before letting go.

“I’ll go back now. Bye...” She waved her hands.

He waved back and they start to walk in opposite directions, with their backs facing each other.

Before Joy took a step inside the building, she glanced back at him; to her surprise, he met his eyes.

They smiled at each other, feeling a variety of emotions – contentment, relief, even regret because of the time, but what is superior is the love they felt even by just looking to each other’s eyes; those eyes that reflects what they truly feel and lastly, those eyes, which seems to automatically find each other, started everything.

||fin.||


Hi, hello!! 

This is the 2nd part and the end of Glances.

I'm not sure how I did with the ending, but I hope you'll still like it, even a bit hihi

Thank you for subscribing! And I would love to see your comments about this ^^

'Til the next fanfic! 

xx

P.S. I've started another one already :D it's one-shot though.