Beginning

Glances

"Unnie, what should I do? I'm really nervous. Can I just skip this greeting? Just to them? Puhleaseee~" Sooyoung begged the leader by the means of aegyo.

"No matter how I look at it, it's just not right, Sooyoung-ah. Why are you so embarrassed? It's not even true." Irene replied, not really understanding why she's acting this way.

"Or maybe because now you're just caught stealing a glance at him? Huh. Am I right? Or am I not wrong?" Yeri said, teasing her now blushing unnie.

"What?! I did not! And definitely, I'm not looking at him! Don't say nonsense, maknae!" Joy said defensively.

"Oh reallyyyy?~ If you say so~" Yeri said, still in a teasing way.

"Yeri-ya, that's enough. Anyways, we have to go greet them. Sooyoung, we're just greeting them, it won't even last a minute." As expected from their "mom", Wendy.

It's time. They are already in front of the door that has the name of the boy group she recently had a scandal with, rather, one of the members of the group.

The leader finally knocks on the door, not long after, someone opened it.

"Annyeonghaseyo~ we're here to greet sunbaenims." Irene bowed and said to the staff that opened the door.

The staff, probably their manager, opened the door fully, letting them in.

They enter one by one. Joy, who is last in line, took a deep breath before totally entering the room.

Once they are all inside the room, Red Velvet is now facing Bangtan Sonyeondan. The atmosphere between them is not really that awkward. They have known each other because they've done these kinds of greetings many times, but they are not totally friends. Or maybe some of them are. And in addition to that, BTS are kind of friendly; they are not the scary type of seniors.

"Happiness! Annyeonghaseyo~ we’re Red Velvet! Please take good care of us! Thank you~" They said in unison.

"2,3! Bang!Tan! Annyeonghaseyo~ we are BTS!" They clap their hands as they bowed to each other.

Sooyoung can't help to look at V as she feels sorry for the news that came out. She did not look away until V turns to look at her too. She's a bit surprised that V smiled at her. She did not know what to do so she just smiled back, awkwardly, and bow.

Now in their room, Sooyoung let out a deep sigh.

“What was that for?” Seulgi, who was just sitting beside her, asked.

“Oh? I-it’s nothing. Hahaha” She tried to laugh it off, trying hard not to make it a big deal. But knowing her, Seulgi knew that there is more to that.

“I don’t think it’s just nothing though? You know, you can tell me everything, right?” Seulgi said as if she already knew what it was about and she just wants to hear it from her.

“I was just thinking about the news about me and Taehyung oppa. That’s all. There’s nothing to worry about.” Joy looked at Seulgi and gave her a smile to assure her that she’s okay.

Every day, they see each other as they were always invited to the same event or award shows.

Compared before, Sooyoung's a little relaxed now in greeting BTS more than the first greeting they made after the scandal broke out, as she knew and everyone knew it’s not really true.

Honestly speaking, they are quite acquainted with each other. One time, last year, he initiated a fist bump to her. And it was also shown in the media that they are really friends. Though, there is not much of evidence that they are.

 

♦ SY ♦

Okay, let's admit it. I think I kind of have a little crush on V. I mean, I'm a fan of BTS. I could be considered as an Army. And my bias is V. It's just like that, nothing more, nothing less.

We're in our room backstage as we just finished our first rehearsal and there will be another one later.

"Unnie, I'll just go to the restroom." I excused myself and got out of the room.

I entered the toilet and did my thing. As I got out of the comfort room, just in time that someone from the male's comfort room got out as well.

I did not see who it was as I am walking with my head down. Not until someone called my name.

"Sooyoung-ah!!" He called me with such enthusiasm in his voice.

I stopped in my tracks and turned around. Just to make sure if he is who I really think he is. And it turns out, I'm really right.

"T-taehyung oppa! He-he a-annyeong?" I.am.so.awkward.

I did not know what to do. This is our first time to actually meet backstage without the other members. I didn’t know if I should have greeted him as my senior or as my “friend”.

"Hahahaha annyeong~ why are you like that?" Oppa laughed at me. Well, it's worth laughing though.

He starts walking again and as he passed right at me, he stopped for awhile and looked at me.

"What are you doing? Let's go." He smiled at me and starts walking again.

I walked right beside him. I swear! I've never felt that the comfort room was this far from our room. Why isn’t he saying something? Should I say something? What should I say? Should I open up about the rumor? Should I say sorry? Yes!! That's right! I should apologize.

Even his side profile is handsome - his eyes that could melt you when you made I looked up to see his face. contact into it, his perfect nose line, his lips that are so kissable. Wait, what did I just say?!

OMG! I can’t believe I actually analyzed every feature of him. I must be really crazy! That’s why you’re being caught in a scandal!! Sigh~ I should learn how to refrain myself from staring at his beautiful face. But how?!

Oh wait – didn’t I say that I would apologize to him? I almost forgot. Okay, let’s do it this time.

“Hm, I’m so-” I was cut off when he also said something at the same time.

"We're here." He said. I looked around to see that we're already in front of Red Velvet's room.

"Oh right. I see. Well then, see you around, I guess." I said, giving him a faint smile.

“Alright, see you around.” He smiled and waved goodbye.

 

♦ TH ♦

I return to our waiting room after my encounter with Joy. I could tell that she’s kind of awkward around me. Well, I could understand if she feels that way. Sigh~

Ugh!! I’m so frustrated with myself!! Because of that scandal, she’s being like that. If I knew that this was going to happen, then I should have been more careful and avoid myself on looking at her. But how?! It was freezing that time and I couldn’t help but worry about her, as her friend.

“Hey. Why are you fighting with yourself?” I looked at the person who said that and it was none other than, Jimin.

“What do you mean? I’m not even saying anything.” I laughed at his nonsense. Or did I speak my thoughts loudly? Heol~ No way.

“I could tell just by looking at your expression. What were you thinking?” Should I be touched by what he just said? Hahaha

“Just this and that, nothing in particular.” I gave him an excuse.

“Really? Then, is it okay listening to mine?”

“Sure, what is it?”

“Well, I have this friend. Just a while ago he’s being talkative and hyper, but after he came back from the restroom, he’s being quiet and gloomy and it’s my first time seeing him having mood swing like--”He did not get to finish what he was saying as I shot him a glare. If I’m Cyclops, he’s already dead.

“Seriously? I’m not in the mood for your jokes.” I can’t help but roll my eyes at him.

“Do I look like I’m kidding? I--”

Yes,” I answered and did not let him finish his sentence.

“But I’m serious, though.” He said but in a cute tone. Gosh, he’s doing aegyo. Can someone stop him?

Before I could say anything, a staff came to tell us that we’re going to have the rehearsal for the ending stage. It means all artists will gather on stage to sing a song.

We’re already on the stage, specifically, on the front right corner. The staffs are still announcing the place of other artists for the ending stage.

“Red Velvet, please go beside Bangtan Sonyeondan.” Did I hear it right?

Before I knew it, I could now see them walking their way in here. As I was the first one on the left, I could see that Joy is the one leading their way. It means we’re gonna be beside each other!  What is this feeling? Why am I happy? Nah, it’s just that somehow we could talk for a while since this is just a rehearsal.

“Annyeonghaseyo~” They greeted as they came near us.

I looked at Joy and smiled. I gathered some courage and start talking to her. It’s a relief to see that she’s not awkward at me anymore. We continued on talking not until we heard the staff say that we’re gonna start the rehearsal. With that, we stopped talking and focus on the rehearsal.

As the rehearsal ended, we were now on our way off the stage. Surprisingly, Joy and I walked side by side, continuing our unfinished talk a while ago.

“What are you doing after this event?” I asked Joy, walking her to their room.

“Most probably, going back to the dorm. Why?”

“Well, I thought that maybe we could continue talking later? If that’s alright with you.” I hesitated a bit, afraid that she refused.

“Um, sure? Where, though?” Yes! But I could see her hesitation. Of course, it will be a risk to hang-out with only the two of us. But I don’t think that I will ever get a chance to ask her out again, so I’m not letting this chance to slide.

“Han river. Is that okay with you?”

“Yeah, of course. I could just walk there from my dorm.”

“Alright, see you later!” I waved goodbye and she waved back and enters their room.