Changes

Borrowed Memory

“Eric, make me some rice balls.”

“Okay.”

“Thank you.”

 

“Here, I made it as you like, with a lot of sesame seeds.”

“Thank you.”

******************************************************************

Hyesung has been discharged from the hospital after three days and as he requested to his father he was allowed for a vacation leave.

 “Mom!”

“Yes, Son. Do you need something?”

“Can you make me rice ball with a lot of sesame seeds? I have been craving for it.” Hyesung requested.

“Sesame seeds?” His mother asked.

“Yes, I have been craving for it since I was discharged from the hospital.”

“Really?”

“Yes, why?”

“You hated sesame seeds since you were a child, that is why.”

“I am also curious why I been doing things I don’t usually do, I crave for foods I don't usually ate, and liking things I don’t usually like before.”

“Since when are you experiencing that?”

“Six months ago.”

“Six months ago?”

“Mom, I think something is wrong with me?”

“Why would you say that, dear?”

“Because of all the things that is been happening to me. It is not normal.”

“Son, there is nothing wrong with you. I am sure of it.”

“Reallly?”

“There are times, people change and it’s for the better. I truly believe that’s what is happening to you.”

“Thank you, Mom.”

“Now, let’s make the rice ball together, okay?”

“Okay.”

******************************************************************

“Hyesung, dear. It’s time for lunch.”

“Yes, Mom. Wait a minute I’ll just finish this.” Hyesung replied

“What are you doing there? You should be resting, aren’t you?”

“I’am.”

“Let’s eat first before you finish that.” His mom said as she went upstairs to see what Hyesung had been doing.

“Okay, I’ll just wash my hand.”

          His mom entered the room and saw a palette and different color of paints scattered at the floor. What really surprise her was the painting at the middle of the room.

“This is what you have been doing this whole time?”

“Yes, isn’t it beautiful?”

“What is it?”

“As you can see it is a painting.”

“You painted it?”

“Yes. Why are you so surprised?”

“You have no interest in painting, do you?”

“I know, but as I saw the paintings at the art gallery, I grew fond of searching different kinds of painting and watched videos on Youtube about basic painting.”

“You just watch how to paint on Youtube and then you we’re able to finish this painting.?”

“Yes, it took me six hours to finish this.”

“Really?”

“I just realized that I have a hidden talent in painting, am I good?”

“Yes. Can you describe to me your painting before we eat your lunch?”

“Okay. This painting is inspired by my dream. The oak tree I’ve been dreaming for six months. It is so vivid to me, so I was able to paint it so fast.”

“Your dream?”

“But you know?” he said while staring at his painting

“Why? It there something bothering you?”

“Have you notice? My painting is somehow similar to the painting in the art gallery.”

“What painting?”

“The main attraction and highlight in the grand opening of the art gallery. The painting of an oak tree.”

“The one where we saw you collapsed?”

“Yes. Why does the oak tree in my dream and the painting in the art gallery the same?”

“Son. Dr. Han advise that you shouldn’t stress yourself. Don’t over think too much. It just maybe a coincidence.” His mom said to overturn the conversation.

“Okay. Let’s eat now.”

******************************************************************

Later that night

“Hon, have you notice something about Hyesung?” Hyesung’s mother asked

“No, besides the two incidents where he collapsed.”

“This past few days, he does things he usually doesn’t do.”

“Like?”

“He requested rice balls with a lot of sesame seeds and he even painted.”

“That’s really unusual.”

“I think, it also has something to do with the Cellular Memory that Dr. Han mentioned.”

“Maybe, he said that not only the memory will be affected but also the personality of the recipient.”

“And…all the things he’s been doing now reflects her personality, do you remember?”

“Yes, she is the one who likes sesame seeds so much and her passion for painting.”

“He has adapted her personality?”

“I think so.”

“What will we do, he had been suspecting something is wrong with him.”

“That is why I told you to tell him the truth already? So, it won’t hurt him so much.”

“In the right time.”

“You always say that, what will you do if he finds out first before you say it to him?”

“…”

“She is the one who likes sesame seeds so much and her passion for painting”.

“Who are they referring to? I am sure they are hiding something from me.”

Little did Hyesung’s parents knew, he heard their conversation that night.

******************************************************************

Who is the “she” that Hyesung’s parents referring to?

Is it true that Hyesung is experiencing Cellular Memory? If yes, whose memory is that?

What is Hyesung’s parents hiding from him?

******************************************************************

Thank you for your continuous support to my story.