Dream

Borrowed Memory

 

“I love you”

“I love you more”

“And I promise that I always be at your side no matter what happens”

“I know”

“As a sign of our promise let’s curve a heart with our names on that oak tree”, as she points to the biggest oak tree.

“Don’t you think, that’s a bit childish”, the guy said.

“I know, but I really want to do it, PLEASE”, as she makes her cutest aegyo to persuade her boyfriend.  

“Okay, Okay. Let’s make it”

“Yey! Thank you.”

 

They make the heart on the oak tree and curve their names in it.

The names are ERIC and ……

******************************************************************

“It’s the same dream again”, the slim, good-looking guy said as he woke up from dream.

The same dream has been bothering the guy for at least six months and he do not have any idea about the scene that he was dreaming nor the reason/s why he was having the dream.

******************************************************************

 

“Hyesung, dear. Wake up already. It is time for breakfast”,

“Arasso, Omma. I’ll be there”, he replied.

Even their family is one the richest in the country, owning a five-star hotel and restaurants around the country, the Shin family remained very humble and down to earth people.

“Good morning, dear. Have a seat”.

“Morning, Mom.”

Looking at the table, Hyesung is amazed how his mother always prepare the breakfast every morning, with a minimal help from their maids.

“You make all of this?”

“Yes, Just for my you and your father.”

“You are really amazing, Mom.”

“I know”, she replied with self-confidence.

As they are eating, Hyesung finally ask her mother about his dream.

“Mom, can I ask you something.”

“Yes, dear. Anything”

“Actually, it started about six months ago and it keeps bothering me.”

“Are you feeling sick, Son”, his father asked

“No, I’m alright”, he replied

“Then, what’s bothering you?”

“It’s about a dream”

“A dream?”, his parents asked in unison.

“A dream is bothering you for six months?”

“Yes, it’s been the same dream for the last six months.”

“What’s the dream about?”, his mother asked

“I cannot explain it in full details but all the remember is there are two people, a guy and a girl and I think they are in a relationship. There is an oak tree where they curved a heart and wrote their names on it.”

 “Do you remember the name written in the tree?”, asked by his mother

“The names?”

As Hyesung is remembering the name his mother looked worried and glances at his husband. In exchange, the father replied in a soft voice (enough that Hyesung would not hear) “Don’t worry, I don’t think he will remember”, as he tapped her shoulder.

“The names are…”, he was trying hard to remember the names curved in the tree.

“It’s okay, dear. You don’t have to burden yourself in remembering”

There is a long silence in the dinner room while the family are having their breakfast. Mr. and Mrs. Shin became comfortable as Hyesung does not bother to remember the names; when suddenly…

“I remember now…!”, Hyesung shouted.

His parents are shocked and very worried while looking at him.

“But I only remember one name.”

“Which name do you remember? The guy’s or the girl’s?”, his mother asked.

“The guy’s name, it’s….Eric.”

“Eric?”, his parents asked.

“Yes”

“I only remember the guy’s name because as I was about to know the girl’s name I always woke up from my dream.”

“You mean, for six months you still don’t know the girl’s name?”, the mother asked.

“Yes, another thing bothering me is I don’t even know anyone named Eric.”

“But…”

“But?”

“The place. I think I know the place; even the oak tree, but I cannot remember where I have seen it.”

“Maybe you just saw it somewhere, and the name Eric, you maybe meet someone in past with that name which you just don’t remember anymore.”, his father said in conviction.

“You think so?”

“Yes, dear. That is why, don’t bother yourself anymore about that dream, okay?”

“Okay, Mom”

“Are we okay, now? We have to go, or we’ll be late”

“Yes, Dad.”

Hyesung is the Vice-President for External Affairs at Shin Hotel and Restaurants with his father as the Chairman and CEO.

******************************************************************

A silhouette of a young man can be shown standing in front of an oak tree, weeping.

“I missed you so much”, the young man said while touching a curved on the said tree.

“You promise me that you will always be by my side, but why did you leave me all alone”

“How can I live my life now, without you.”

“I shouldn’t have called you that day, It’s all my fault...”

The young man cried and cried for hours under the oak tree as he was holding a picture of a girl and a small box containing an engagement ring.

“You should be wearing this ring now as we are making plan for our wedding…”

******************************************************************

What could be the reason/s behind Hyesung’s dream?

Who is the young man weeping at the oak tree?

Who is the girl in the picture?

******************************************************************

I hope you like the first chapter of my story. Please keep reading and supporting my story.

 

Thank you.