Collision

A Letter From Chemistry Nerd

Movement is the independent variable of life.

We are always moving.

But that doesn’t mean everything that moves collide.

Somethings can live so close by and never once collide or even brush by.

Collison is an interesting concept.

 In order to cause bond breakage and formation, molecules must collide with the correct orientation and with enough energy.  

Or nothing ever happens…


It was an accident.

Two realms crashing into each other at full force.

His kiss was desperate and lost yet passionate all at once.

Kim Seokjin, the most beautiful person in the entire world, kissed me. His arms were wrapped around me like he never wanted to let go. And I didn’t either.

There was a fissure in the time.

When I opened my eyes, the moment was over, and sun was shinning through the window.

It was an unfamiliar room filled with colors and art. Buckets of paint pilled in the corner and blank and filled canvases laid haphazardly around the room.

It was most definitely not my room.

.

Memories are fascinating things. It’s violent and piercing. Life is science but sometimes, there are things unexplained by it. Such as what happened last night between us. Us. That was another mystery saved for later.

Right now, I needed to get out before Kim Seokjin woke up. I slowly removed the soft, white blanket from my body and…

“AHHHHH” I was .

I was ing . Every garment on my body from the previous night was removed. As the bright sunlight sipped in through the blinds, I saw my white collared shirt laying halfway inside the blue paint bucket.

Kim Seokjin and I were supposed to be X. We crossed out path once and never to meet twice. However, last night has inevitably entangled our lives together for long term.

I only had one sip of vodka, how could I have forgotten my memory over that? The last thing I remember was of him pulling me closer, closer, closer… until our lips collided.

“Shut up.” It was Kim Seokjin. His voice was an octave lower and so much different from last night. The sorrow and fragility that masked his entire voice was now deeper and… ier.

I bite my lower lips and wrapped the blanket around my lower half, dashing for my crumpled jeans, blue-painted shirt, and coat.

“Sorry about last night. I really don’t remember what happened … but ummm… it was nice? Ahhh I mean… sorry! I promise you wouldn’t see me ever again…. SORRY!” I had no idea what words were coming out of my mouth, but I was sure if any of my classmates heard me right now, they would’ve had something to blackmail me for the rest of my life.

“We’ll see.” I swear I heard him say this under his breathe as a little smirk appeared on his bright red lips, but I was in no position to observe someone.

As I hastily dressed myself in his living room, something caught my eyes. I stopped halfway buttoning my shirt and my body gravitated toward a framed picture sitting inside his trophy case. Amidst his endless display of art throphies and medals, a wooden picture flame with tattered picture inside made my heart stop.

It was picture of me on the day of my high school graduation and next to me stood a boy who closely resembled Kim Seokjin.

I was sure the high schooler in the picture was me. I remember the glasses my mother bought me week before the graduation because I forgot where I put my old ones. I was holding a bouquet of flowers my sister got me and in the distance, I could see my childhood best friend waving toward the camera.

I remembered everything about this day except the boy standing next to me with his arms around me.

My meeting with you was like the Uncertainty Principle:

We can either know where or why, but never both at once.

Sometimes we make a move without knowing the final destination.

Other times, we make a move without knowing why.

We are always moving because that’s just how life is.

In the process of moving, we collide.

We collide with physical things and emotional things.

Things that can’t be avoided.

Collison happens even when it shouldn’t.