Sleep Talking (Soju)

Gfriend One-Shots (Yuju Edition)

The first time Sowon heard her girlfriend sleep-talk, she shouldn’t have been surprised. Yuju was out cold from the moment her head hit the pillows, clearly exhausted. Sowon had seen the fatigue etched all over her lover’s face the moment they had finished up the dance practice earlier that day. Sowon would often joke that she looked like a really tired puppy after fan meetings or after dance practice while petting her head. Unsurprisingly, her joke had been met with a hard glare the first time she did it.

Hours later, when the dinner had been finished and plates where all washed and put away, Sowon had managed to pull her girlfriend away from the rest of the group who were watching a film towards their shared room, assuring her that she could finish the film in the morning before practice. Yuju grumbled saying the film was getting interesting but even she knew that she was too tired to fight her giant tonight.

“You really need to stop pushing yourself, you might hurt yourself” Sowon suggested lightly as she watched Yuju brush her teeth as she leant against the door. Yuju shrugged her shoulders as she placed her toothbrush back and turned the water off.

“Come on” Sowon said as she laid her hand on the small of Yuju’s back as the two walked into their bedroom. Yuju didn’t answer the question, she didn’t have to. Sowon knew why, and it had to do with when Yuju had fell and hurt herself during the Me Gustas Tu performance or during their Fingertip performance when the other members hurt themselves as well. Yuju was embarrassed that she had fell twice so she strived to make her dancing better despite the number of times Sowon and the rest of them had told her that her dancing skills where amazing and that because it was raining that they had fell.

Later that night, while Sowon wrapped herself around her sleeping girlfriend’s body, she should not have been shocked to hear Yuju mumble somewhat incoherently into her chest. Apparently Sowon’s s where better than the pillow Yuju was sleeping on the girl had said one morning and Sowon didn’t find herself complaining one bit.

Sowon had finally confessed her feelings to Yuju after one of their Fingertip performance, although ‘little’ (read massive) crush had been a long known fact amongst the other members which made Sinb a lot, all except the girl in question, whom remained oblivious as to why the taller girl was always hugging her more than the other girls or why she was given the nick name pup from her. Luckily for Sowon, Yuju came to enjoy Sowon’s name calling a lot more and her sitting closer to her and hugging her a lot more. So when she finally blurted it out her love for the girl on accident after their first win for Fingertip she was rewarded with a pair of lips on her own. Since then, Sowon had been able to call her pup her girlfriend.

“Sojung”

The faint whisper brought Sowon back to the present. She knew that she shouldn’t have been surprised to hear her girlfriend call out her name during sleep. Umji had told her she heard Yuju say things a few times when Yuju and Umji shared room together but she never mentioned anything about Yuju talking about her. Managing to ignore the fact she was using her real name which she rarely uses unless they are been intimate with each other or when they are alone she looked down in concern at her pup.

“Sojung” Yuju muttered softly into Sowon’s shoulder for the second time that night. Sowon tightened her hold on her pup as she nuzzled her nose into her messy hair.

“Yeah, Pup? What’s wrong” Sowon whispered while she began rubbing circles into Yuju’s back.

“Sojung…too much…no more…please…let’s rest”.

What?

Sowon was confused, what was her pup talking about? She was suddenly worried that someone or even she had hurt Yuju somehow. Sowon slowly tried to untangle herself from her girlfriend but that only made Yuju cling to her tighter and whimper slightly.

“What’s wrong Yuna?”

Sowon let out a loud laugh when Yuju replied, mumbling something that sounded suspiciously like “Too much dance work Sojung lets rest…”

Of course her girlfriend was worried about dancing, even in her sleep. The poor girl probably dreams about dancing.

Sowon resumed her previous hold on the girl and whispered into her ear until Yuju had finally fell back to sleep. As Sowon finally succumbed to her own she made a mental note to cut back on the girls dancing too much because who knows what the other girls are like right now.