Epilogue

Obsession

Studying together for finals in the common room was a very, very bad idea.

Hakyeon kept chirping and whispering and chattering and giggling in Taekwoon’s lap—he had climbed there like a child would climb into his parent’s lap.

“Can’t we just go to our room?” Jaehwan asked, looking up at Sanghyuk from where he rested his head on Sanghyuk’s thighs.

Sanghyuk looked up from his Physics textbook, glancing first at Jaehwan’s suffering expression and then at Taekwoon who looked like a frightened wild animal about to be eaten alive by an overly enthusiastic anaconda. Hakyeon was now kissing Taekwoon’s cheek and Taekwoon forced a smile, patting Hakyeon’s back. Jaehwan didn’t really understand the nature of their relationship yet, but he supposed if Taekwoon hadn’t run away in the last two months, he’d have enough time to figure out the two of them later.

“Okay, let’s go,” Sanghyuk said and closed his book, leaving it on the floor.

As soon as Jaehwan opened the door to his and Hakyeon’s room, Sanghyuk took his shoes and socks off, putting one of said socks on the doorknob.

“We’re supposed to study, you idiot,” Jaehwan chastised him, but he wasn’t really serious.

“My original plan was to be a Biology major,” Sanghyuk said then, grinning like a Cheshire cat as he locked the door from the inside and stepped to Jaehwan, wrapping his arms around his middle and kissing along the column of Jaehwan’s neck.

“And what happened?” Jaehwan chuckled, both because Sanghyuk was being cheesy and because his neck was very ticklish.

“I didn’t practise enough.”

Jaehwan burst out laughing as Sanghyuk pushed him down on the bed, his fingers crawling up under Jaehwan’s shirt and tickling his side, making Jaehwan kick out in frustration and nearly die from laughter. Sanghyuk soon stopped tickling him—probably because he didn’t want to be kicked in the balls. He pulled back to look into Jaehwan’s eyes, sweeping Jaehwan’s hair out of his forehead.

“Jaehwan,” he called his name softly as if it was something sacred. Jaehwan’s heart felt very happy about it.

“Hmm?”

“I can’t believe you thought I was a drug dealer.”

Jaehwan laughed again, because he expected something big—a confession, a compliment, maybe something vaguely y.

“I mean, I don’t even have money to buy food sometimes!” Sanghyuk exclaimed. “Shouldn’t I be super rich if I sold ?”

Jaehwan was sure his giggling fit wouldn’t die down anytime soon, so he pushed Sanghyuk off himself, the boy laughing with him as they lay on the bed, Jaehwan curling up under Sanghyuk’s arm and shaking with the suppressed noises of his laughter.

He wanted to stay there forever.