PART THREE.

It's Love

You yawn fixing yourself up a cup of tea. It’s an early Saturday morning.

You watch from your kitchen all the snowflakes outside fall effortless past the window. You sip at your tea, quickly finishing it and hurrying to get ready.

You slide on a pair of black leggings and an oversized black hoodie. You look at your evidently tired exterior in the washroom mirror. Brushing your hair up and into a messy bun and flicking some mascara over your lashes definitely makes you look a little more awake; a little more alive.

You hurry back to your bedroom grabbing your small suitcase. Today is the day you and Jungkook are leaving for the business trip. It’s a four day long trip out of the city.

You drag your suitcase to the front door. Sliding your boots on over your long socks you remember to grab your purse. Opening the front door you exit patting your pockets to make sure you have your phone, which you do. You hurry out of your apartment and down to the subway.

 

You arrive at a subway stop only a few away from the station you got on at. You exit the train dragging your suitcase.

Your eyes search for Jungkook. He’s supposed to be here already.

“Y/N!” you turn to see him a few meters away waving a hand in your direction. You bow and hurry up to him. He stands with a suitcase at his side and he scrolls on his phone with furrowed eyebrows.

“Okay-” he starts.

From here you both are to board the train, which will take you straight to where you’re to be the next few days.

“What is it?” you question his unsteady voice.

“Namjoon” he shakes his head, his eyebrows still furrowed as he shuts off his phone and slides it into his pocket. “He just sent me more details on the trip and hotel info, but it’s not important” he shrugs and relaxes his expression.

 

    ~ ~ ~

 

It’s been an hour since you boarded the train and you have just two hours left until you arrive. You sit facing Jungkook in the seat across from you. He plays a game on his phone while you read a book. One you’ve read probably hundreds of times before now.

You look towards him. His eyes focused on the screen in his hands. His black hair is messy and his pink lips are puffed into a focused pout. He wears a similar outfit to you; a pair of black ripped jeans, classic yellow-brown boots and a baggy black hoodie. He looks good, that’s for sure.

His eyes glance up at you and with his recognition your eyes avert back down to your book. You act as if you weren’t just looking at him for five minutes straight.

You reposition yourself, raising one foot up onto the seat, sitting with your knee in close to you.

“Ow”

You lower your book to see Jungkook. He looks towards you with round eyes.

“What?”

“You kicked me”

You drop your shoulders. You didn’t kick him, you accidently tapped his foot with yours as you switched positions in your seat.

“I gently grazed your boot”

“Kicked”

You shake your head at his little pout. “You’re older than me how?”

“Well you see-”

“Jungkook” you shake your head and he chuckles. You can handle sarcasm, since it’s basically another language for you, but sometimes he’s almost too sarcastic for even you.

You return to your book and he rests his head back against the seat. In a matter of seconds his breaths grow heavier. You glance up at him, asleep in the seat in front of you. You scoff out a small chuckle. The train is vacant and silent, so it’s not surprising that he’s able to catch some sleep. You smile with your lips towards the sleeping boy. His peaceful and relaxed state is calming to you. You don’t know why, but it’s nice to see him so laid back instead of stressed like when he’s in the office.

Your smile drops and your heart warms. This feeling is still unknown to you. You’ve only felt it the past couple of days and you don’t know what it is. It’s not an uncomfortable feeling but it’s definitely something you wish you understood better.

 

    ~ ~ ~

 

You stand behind Jungkook as he checks you guys into the hotel.

“Alright” he turns to you with a smile. You both enter the elevator. He clicks floor number five and you stand suitcases in front of you as the elevator slowly raises.

The doors open and you follow his lead down the hallway.

“My key?” you hold out a hand to him. His eyes glance around before he raises an eyebrow at you.

“It’s only one room” he advises you. Pardon me? Did I just hear you wrong?

“We’re sharing a room?”

“The company’s cheap. What can I say?” he shrugs opening the room and entering. You stand dumbfounded in the hallway. We’re- WHAT!

You inhale deeply and follow in after him. You look around the hotel room. One washroom, a large window overlooking the city, two beds and one bedside table. I guess this isn’t a big deal. You shake off your nerves and place your suitcase on the bed closest to the window. He jumps to a laying position on the bed you practically assigned as his. He looks over at you, his chin rested to his forearms as he lays stretched out on his stomach.

That warm feeling. It’s back. Go away! You yell at the feeling inside you as if it’ll make it go away.

 

    ~ ~ ~

 

The rest of the day you both spend lounging around the hotel room.

He took some time to wash up. Spending a near fifty minutes in the shower. He came out of the washroom with nothing but a towel draped over his hips. Definitely an image you weren't expecting to see, but definitely something you won’t forget. He then spent another half hour drying his hair and finishing washing up.

You spent most of the afternoon finishing the familiar book you started reading this morning on the train. Once the book was done you sat watching a movie on your laptop.

 

It’s now five in the evening and your stomach is starting to grumble in hunger. You skipped breakfast and had only the muffin you packed for lunch. So you’re hungry.

“Y/N-”

You shift your attention from your laptop to Jungkook stretched out on his bed. He’s wearing a pair of fairly fitted black track pants and a simple white tee that’s resting loosely over his abdomen revealing his lower stomach. His arms are up with his hands acting as a pillow for his head. His eyes stare at the ceiling as he speaks.

“Dinner?” he asks.

“Uh-”

“I’m hungry, so let’s go for dinner” he sits up cross legged, now looking towards you.

“Yeah. Dinner” you say with a small chuckle, shutting your laptop and quickly grabbing your purse. He slides on a zip up hoodie and leads you to the room’s door.

“Ladies first” he insists, opening the door for you.

 

    ~ ~ ~

 

“So~” Jungkook’s voice drags off.

“So~ what?” you question his elongated ‘so’.

“Tell me about yourself”

You furrow your eyebrows. What would he want to know about you?

“If we’re gonna try this whole friend thing, shouldn’t we learn who each other really are?”

He has a point.

“I guess” you shrug. A waitress interrupts by dropping off your main course orders.

It’s been a few days since he apologized for the way he treated you; which means it’s been a few days of trying to be friends. And although you haven’t wanted to kill one another and you’ve talked decently back and forth in actual conversations, you wouldn’t consider each other just quite friends yet.

“Tell me things I don’t know” he insists.

“What do you know?” you chuckle playfully.

“I know that you get on my nerves as much as I get on yours” he smiles sarcastically. You chuckle.

“Well-” you continue on telling him a few facts about yourself. He asks you questions about nearly every one which you kindly and gladly answer.

“Your turn” you ask him for facts. He doesn’t hesitate to tell you a handful of things. Some you laugh at and others you question.

Over the span of your dinner and for another hour after you’ve cleaned your plates off you continue chatting, laughing, telling stories and asking questions about each other.

The taxi ride back to the hotel is no different, continuing with the conversation started at the restaurant.

Within the next two hours you practically spill your full life stories to one another.

You laugh at embarrassing moments that you each share and you show sympathy when stories get emotional for the both of you. You tell childhood experiences and recent life struggles and challenges.

It isn’t far fetch to say you both have become closer only within the timespan of five hours.

Your conversation fades and you both get ready for bed.

You go first, readying yourself in the washroom. You change into a pajama set, a matching top and bottoms, brush your teeth and take your hair down from its bun.

He heads to the washroom after you’ve gotten changed and ready for bed. You curl up in the bed you claimed as yours and turn on your phone to scroll mindlessly on social media pages while waiting for him to finish up so you can shut off the light and go to sleep.

He comes out of the washroom in the white tee he was already wearing and a pair of loose gray sweat pants. You avert your eyes from him and turn off your phone. You roll over, setting your phone down on the table between the two beds. He settles into the bed across from yours. You both in unison awkwardly smile at one another. He places his own phone to the table and flicks off the light. Within a matter of seconds you both drift asleep.

 

    ~ ~ ~

 

You exhale heavily, flopping down onto your back on the bed. You're exhausted from the long day. Today you both woke up, got ready by showering and making yourselves look top notch and presentable, attended the work meeting which lasted five whole hours straight. You both eagerly found a spot to eat a quick dinner before finally arriving back at the hotel just now. The day felt like it would never end.

Jungkook follows by example, dropping to a flat position on his bed. You both just stare at the ceiling. It’s nice to relax.

For an hour you both just lay in bed, scrolling on your phones and relaxing. You practically ignore each other. Watching videos on social media, laughing out loud at some funny text posts, and such.

 

You take the time to wash up after the long day. Although you showered earlier, it’s a nice way to unwind after a stressful day.

After your shower you dry off quickly and get dressed into some comfortable clothing which you took with you into the washroom before showering. You stand eyeing yourself in the mirror. Your hair hangs like wet strings framing your face. Your eyes are dark smudges from the makeup you were wearing before you showered. You sigh and grab the washcloth from the counter top. After dampening it you begin wiping your face to rid the black smudges of mascara. You pause.

Is he singing?

Your jaw drops slightly at the sound of Jungkook’s voice singing in a familiar melody to one of your favourite songs. You have to admit, his voice is breathtaking. You lean yourself closer to the washroom door. Secretly listening in on his performance. Your ear practically presses to the door's surface. You lip sing along to his voice, knowing the lyrics word for word.

He finishes the song and you can’t help but smile. You don’t know why you’re smiling right now, but you can’t seem to force the grin off your face.

You tie your still wet hair up into a bun and exit the washroom.

Jungkook basically ignores you, only looking up at you briefly when you first entered the room. He wears the same jeans from earlier but he’s changed his top into an ill fitted red hoodie.

He continues humming quietly under his breath the same song he was singing only moments ago. You chuckle silently at his humming as you take a seat on your bed. Grabbing your phone off the side table you begin scrolling through social media. That warm feeling you don’t know returns to your insides, heating up your heart. You gulp and shake it off, continuing to scroll mindlessly.

 

“Y/N~” Jungkook’s voice practically whines your name, and you should find his ‘trying to be cute’ voice annoying and yet you don’t.

“Hmm?” you hum, still scrolling on your phone.

“Can we watch a movie?”

You turn to face him. His innocent question is kinda… cute?

“Sure, what kind of movie?” you ask, grabbing your laptop from the foot of your bed and opening it up to a movie streaming website.

“What movies do you like?”

“Anything but horror” you respond with a chuckle.

“Whatta shame” he scoffs playfully and shakes his head.

“Well, maybe not anything” you laugh. “I’m not a fan of action movies either”

“You're a rom-com type of girl aren’t you?” you feel the mattress sink a little as he takes a seat beside you on your bed.

“I am actually” you laugh and begin scrolling through the top rated movies.

“How did I know?” he laughs moving your hand off the laptop's touch pad. He opens the romantic-comedy category and begins scrolling.

“Pick one” he tells you. You gulp and do as told picking one about a woman who wishes to get engaged so she follows her boyfriend on his business trip to propose to him, but she ends up meeting another man who she finds herself falling honestly in love with.

You both sit watching the movie flash across the laptop screen. You yawn as the movie reaches the halfway point. Jungkook leans his shoulder blades on the bed’s headboard. You shift to a laying down position on your side. Your eyes still watching the screen, and your hands positioned in a clap under your head.

“This movie isn’t actually that bad” Jungkook chuckles. You giggle.

“I know”

“Wait, you’ve seen this before?”

“Yeah”

“Then why-”

“Because I like it” you answer the question which he never asked but you know he was going to.

He laughs and you continue watching the movie.