They Finally Meet

Sinecure

The sun shone brightly as the birds were chirping gleefully. She took her first deep breath just out of jail and boy did it feel great. A cheerful melody played as she walked merrily down the street.

Yeah right..

Yoojin had just hung up with the representative from MBC because the officer stormed into the room shouting that her time ran out an hour ago. He snatched her hand phone away and angrily shoved it his side pant pocket.

“First you’re playing games and now you think you run the place? Who do you think your are? Queen Sondok?”

Yoojin quickly shook her head, “No, not at all.”

“Then what makes you think you can do whatever you want, huh?”

“I didn’t know.” she quickly defended, “I’ve never been to jail before. In the movies the police officer comes back into the room to tell the person time’s up. I just assumed it was like that.”

The officer scoffed, “I’m too old for this.”

He rubbed his temples as he shook his head. Yoojin slouched in the uncomfortable chair she had been sitting in for the past three hours, very offended by the officer’s dialogue to her.

Once the officer had composed himself, he motion Yoojin to follow him. She slowly stood up and lagged behind, “Where am I going?”

“You’re going into a nice cell right now.” he blatantly said.

“Don’t I get to know why I was incarcerated?”

“I had already told you. You’re here because of fraud charges.”

Yoojin stopped following, “What type of fraud charges?”

The officer sighed, “We’ve been over this, missy. You’re the one who got yourself into this, so you should know best what you did.”

Yoojin scoffed, “If I actually did do it. But I didn’t so I have no clue why I’m here.”

The officer turned around, his face red with anger, “Quit playing the victim here, missy. You have no more room to be playing around. I’ve had enough of your pity party so just stop now. If you continue to persist with this type of attitude, your stay here is going to be very long and miserable.”

The young woman huffed in aggravation and annoyance as tears brimmed her eyes. The officer pushed her into the nearest cell and slammed it shut as he hastily locked it. He turned to leave but hesitated, “Just calm down a bit, okay missy?”

Yoojin looked away as she heard his shoes click, indicating he was leaving. She sat in the corner and rested her head on the wall, taking deep breathes to calm herself down. She shook her head, still not able to believe she was in jail for someone else’s crime, “This is crazy.”


“Hyung, you’re getting married?” Mir shouted incredulously.

“When? With who? Is she pretty?” Joon asked with wide eyes as he clung onto his hyung ’s sleeve.

“Get off of me.” Seungho sighed, trying to shrug the muscle idiot off his arm.

The guys gathered around the oldest male and sat in front of him like it was story time, their eyes wide with interest. Seungho sighed, “I really don’t know much about the whole situation. Jihoon hyung just told me that since I have the least amount of air time, he decided to give me the position.”

“You sure have some damn good luck.” G.O. said with a disbelieving smirk.

Seungho just shrugged his shoulders, “It’s about time. But enough with the slacking, we need to practice for the concert next week.”

Mir and Cheondoong groaned but stood up and moped around the room as Seungho prepared the music. Joon and G.O. took their places in the middle of the room, getting ready for when Seungho turns the music on to queue their start.

Seungho started the music and hastily stood in front of G.O. as Mir and Cheondoong rushed to their spots. Throughout the routine, each member had made their own slip-ups and fine mistakes but all in all, Seungho thought they’d be fully ready by next week.

“Hyung, can we take a break?” Mir whined as he just dropped to the hardwood floor.

“Please? We’ve been practicing for hours already. I’m so tired.” Joon whined along with the maknae.

Seungho was ready to protest against their rhythmic whines with his favorite phrase “I’m the leader and what I say goes” but his phone rang. Seungho sighed and just left them be to lay lazily on the floor. He picked up his phone off the floor and answered the call.

“Hello?”

“Is this Yang Seungho?”

“This is him.”

“Hello. This is a representative from MBC's 'We Got Married'. I have just received news from Jihoon that you’d be participating in the show. I’m just calling to set up a date to meet your new wife.”

“Okay. I’m pretty much free until next week.”

”That’s great. How does tomorrow sound?”

“It’s fine with me.”

Seungho suddenly grew butterflies in his stomach at the thought of meeting his ‘wife’ so soon. He his dry lips and tried to swallow the saliva that was gathering at the back of his throat.

“You’ll meet her early in the morning, around eight. One of the producers will text you the exact location tomorrow.”

Seungho nodded, “Okay.”

”One more thing. Don’t forget to bring some tofu with you.”

With that, the representative hung up, leaving Seungho confused.

“Tofu?”

“What about tofu? Are we having some for dinner?” Mir asked as he quickly sat up at the mention of food.

Seungho shook off the conversation and went back to leader mode, “Not if we don’t get the routine right. Come on, let’s go back to practicing.”

Not only did the maknae and the muscle idiot groan but the hairy man and Cheondoong did as well. Although they wanted to rest, Seungho used his exceptional leader skills to get them going and started to practice again for another four hours until they all were covered in sweat. Seungho had agreed to go back to their dorm and rest if they had went through the routine without any mistakes. With that kind of determination running through their bodies, they wrapped up and quickly headed home.

Once they stepped foot in their dorm, G.O. was the first to call the shower. The order for a shower is usually G.O., Cheondoong, Mir, Seungho and occasionally Joon. As G.O. cleansed himself, Seungho readied his bed time attire which was always a T-shirt and sweat pants. He plopped down on the sofa and watched lazily as Cheondoong and Mir played with a deck of cards on the floor. Seungho was quickly bored with them so he decided to turn on the T.V. to do some channel surfing. As he reached for the remote, he noticed Joon standing in front of the air conditioner, airing himself out.

“You know, you’re not really cleaning yourself by drying the sweat.” Seungho stated.

Joon looked at his hyung and shrugged, “Feels clean to me.”

“Hyung, that’s really nasty.” Mir said with exaggerated disgust.

“You’re one to talk. You look at people’s armpits just to be a candidate of your not so great friendship.” Joon retorted.

Mir sat up and scoffed, “At least I’m not voted least hygienic in the group.”

“Yah! Shut up! I am very much clean!”

“Guys, it’s too late to be yelling. Just go back to playing with cards and drying off.” Seungho sighed, flipping through channels.

The two glared at each other then went back to their previous tasks. G.O. soon stepped out of the bathroom and headed straight to bed. Mir stood up, “I’m off to actually clean myself.”

Joon shot the maknae a fierce glare as Mir stuck his tongue out and shut the bathroom door. The water soon and Joon took Mir’s spot on the floor.

The room was calm as Joon and Cheondoong shuffled the cards and played a game of Go Fish. Seungho let out a yawn, laying on his stomach with his left arm dangling as he continuously changed the channels. His eyes started drooping but he tried his best to keep himself awake.

“I’m going to bed now.” Joon stated as he got up off the floor and went into his room.

Cheondoong quietly shuffled the deck and then tried to make a tower. Seungho’s eyes returned to the television screen and suddenly sat up. He had stopped at a news channel. Turning the volume up a little, he was soon caught up in the story.

“We’ve found some interesting news regarding the KSE enterprise corporation from an anonymous source. The company has just recently let go an employee who embezzled money from within the company. This anonymous source told us that the employee was just a part time worker and just turned eighteen. The young employee was quickly arrested and put into jail but it seems is out on bail. It is still unknown as to how the employee had gotten bailed out without a court hearing. We’ll be following up on this story.”

“Hyung, you can use the shower now.” Cheondoong said.

Seungho blinked a couple times and looked toward the bathroom, “You’re done already? I thought Mir was still in there?”

“He finished about ten minutes ago. I hurried because you looked tired.”

Cheondoong said his good night and headed to bed as Seungho turned off the T.V. and took his shower then headed to bed as well.


“Hey missy, you’re out on bail.”

She looked up with tired eyes, “Huh? Already?”

The officer motioned for her to stand up. She took a deep breath and tiredly stood. She had been sitting on the cell floor since the night before. At first, all she did was cry but she soon dried her tears and just thought of reasons why Shinhye would want to get rid of her. Maybe it was because she was going to get the promotion? Or maybe it was because Shinhye’s love interest like her more? Or perhaps Shinhye always hated her?

“Hello? Missy, stop spacing out there.”

Yoojin blinked, snapping back to reality. She had followed the officer to the front of the station.

“You’re free to go. Just do me a favor. Don’t do anything more stupid.”

The young woman looked away, uncomfortable with his request but she nodded slightly. The officer nodded in a farewell notion and went back into the building.

Yoojin took a deep breath and exhaled. The sky was grey and the air smelt like rain. She looked around the sidewalk and noticed a male standing by a light post hold a black plastic bag in his hand. He looked like some type of high school ulzzang or something of the sort. Behind him was two people holding cameras, filming him then suddenly turned their attention on her. She furrowed her brows and covered her face with her hand, feeling slightly embarrassed. Why would they want to film someone who just stepped out of the police station?

Yoojin started to walk down the sidewalk but was quickly stopped.

“Hey, are you Park Yoojin?”

It was the ulzzang that was standing by the light post. She had never seen someone like him up close, just on the internet or in magazines. The first thing she noticed about was his thick lips. She, for some reason, felt attracted to them. Feeling like a ert she moved her eyes upward to look into his eyes. Yoojin felt too at awe to answer him.

Seungho took her lack of response as a yes so he held the bag up, “I bought you some tofu.”

Yoojin snapped out of her awe, quickly taking offense to his statement, “For what? It wasn’t my fault I was in jail. I was framed.”

Seungho looked at her, surprised at her fierce attitude with him. Why was she so mad at him? It’s not like he wanted to buy her tofu.

“I was told to buy it.”

She looked at him with skepticism. Who was this guy anyway?

“Who are you?”

He looked at her then smiled, “Your husband.”

This was my husband? But he’s so good looking! She gave him a look over and slightly nodded. She could get used to seeing his face daily.

Seungho looked at her with an amused smirk. The way she just nodded at him, as if approving of him, gave him some satisfaction. When he first saw her, he was quite surprised by her looks. At first, he thought she was a celebrity as well. She had flawless skin and light brown curly hair that seemed to flow like water in the wind. But when he got closer to her, she wasn’t as doll-like. She had some light bumps on her face but none the less, she was exceptionally pretty. Seeing her approve of him, he couldn’t help but approve of her as well. But looks aren’t everything.

“I’m Yang Seungho.”

She nodded slightly then looked at the bag in his hand. Seungho noticed and motioned for her to take it.

“I don’t like tofu.” she said and started to walk away.

Seungho, dumbfounded, looked at the bag with the tofu in it. Doesn’t like tofu? He looked at her retreating back, “Yah, where are you going?”

The young woman turned and walked backwards with a smile on her face, “I have somewhere to go. Let’s meet in an hour at the coffee shop across the street.”

Seungho glanced at the other side of the road and took note of the place then looked back at his new wife. She was still walking backwards with a smile on her face, now waving at him. He waved back until she was out of his eye sight.

Seungho looked at the black bag in his hand then a the camera men, “Who doesn’t like tofu?”


As soon as Yoojin turned the corner she started to run. She wanted to go home and take a nice warm shower and change into clean clothing. Although Yoojin was unfamiliar with the city streets, she managed to find her way home.

“Yah! What are you doing here?”

Yoojin was surprised to see the land lady outside. She usually sits in her apartment all day watching old dramas and movies. In all honesty, Yoojin didn’t know her name. She just knew she was old and didn’t bathe on a regular bases.

“What do you mean? I live here.”

The land lady scoffed, “Don’t play dumb. You’re the one who wanted to leave in the first place. Tch. You just had to leave before paying this month’s rent.”

Yoojin looked at her baffled, “What do you mean? I never told you I wanted to leave.”

“Not personally, but your friend came here and gave me a hard time about it. She insisted that you wanted to leave as soon as possible.”

“What? Who came here?”

“How should I know? She said she was your friend and that you wanted to leave immediately.”

Yoojin couldn’t believe this. It must’ve been Dong Shinhye. She has to be behind all of this.

“Can’t I at least get my things?”

The land lady scoffed at Yoojin again, “You really like playing the fool don’t you? Just get out of here!”

She looked at the old woman in shock as she walked hastily back into her apartment and slammed the door. Yoojin stood in front of the shabby apartment complex, stupefied with the situation. Where was she supposed to stay now?

Yoojin took a deep, calming breath then made her way to the coffee shop.
 


I just want to take some time to thank all of you who read and subscribed to this story. Thank you so much!