Be Your Light

Be Your Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Without having to think twice, I picked up all of my belongings and booked the fastest flight I could to Jeju Island right away. My boyfriend, Minhyuk, and his friends were supposed to be having fun and enjoying themselves on the trip to the island. This accident really took everyone by surprise, no one saw it coming. They were all supposed to be just spending a week there before returning to Seoul to proceed with our lives as per usual. No one was supposed to be injured or hurt in any way.

After receiving a call from Shownu, telling me that Minhyuk drove himself and Kihyun off a hill while going out to get some snacks for the rest of the boys, I didn't have the desire to do anything else besides being there for them all. But most importantly, for Kihyun, my best friend. My poor best friend who may or may not lose his eyesight for life. I did not understand how the accident could happen but I don't want to blame my boyfriend for it, he couldn't have wished for things like this to happen.

Letting out a shaky breath, I clutched my bag close to me as I boarded the plane with trembling fingers and tears threatening to fall. I could not believe that this is really happening. Had I known something like this would happen, I would have gone out of my way to stop them from going on the stupid trip in the first place. But this is the thing with life, you could never predict what happens next. 

During my flight, I prayed to God for having mercy on my friend. He truly is a good person and does not deserve any of this. In the midst of sobbing quietly to myself, I have managed to fall asleep throughout the entire flight as I did not have any rest from the moment I was informed of the news. I paced around like a madwoman, crying while praying to God that this was all just a prank. However, I tried to keep myself calm as I told Shownu that I will fly over to see them as soon as I can.

 

I held my breath and paid for the cab as I spotted their caravan parked in the middle of the vast field. My heart slammed hard against my ribcage as I slowly approached the vehicle with a heavy heart, I really want to be there for them but I don't think I'm ready to come face to face with the fact. Shutting my eyes tight for a brief moment, I let out the breath I unknowingly held in and raised my hand to softly place a few knocks onto the door.

I heard footsteps approach the door and then it opened only to reveal my boyfriend, looking as broken as ever. Tears blurred both our eyes as he pulled me into his embrace and cried into my neck. I circled an arm around his torso and lifted the other to gently his head as I, too, cried into his shoulder. I pulled away slightly to look at his face clearly this time, only to notice the cuts and bruises on his handsome face. My heart ached tremendously at the sight.

I swallowed my sobs, I'm supposed to be comforting him, I can't cry too. I smiled encouragingly at him and wiped his tears away while caressing his cuts and bruises, "Hey," I whispered, "It's going to be alright, I promise." He nodded tearfully at me as I pulled him in to place a small kiss onto his bruised lips. I felt him kiss me back and smiled. I slowly pull back as he enveloped my hand in his to pull me into the caravan where the rest of the guys are.

My heart shattered into a million pieces at the sight of Kihyun being blindfolded. My hand flew to my mouth to quiet down the sobs that I could no longer control. I slowly let go of Minhyuk's hand to approach Kihyun, who was sitting alone on the couch, as everyone else stood around him. I gave everyone a quick hug before moving closer to my best friend.

 

By the time I settled down beside Kihyun, the rest of the guys have left us alone, including Minhyuk. So now it was just Kihyun and me, wiping the last of my tears away, I sniffled before placing a hand onto his. He tightened his hold on my hand and smiled painfully, "You came." He spoke in a broken voice as I his hand with my fingers, "Yes, I'm here, oppa. I came as soon as I can." I croaked out.

He turned to face me slightly and lifted a hand to feel for my face, I grabbed onto his hand and kept it in place on my damp cheek. He chuckled and wiped my tears away with his thumb, "Aigoo, what are you crying about? I'll be fine in no time, alright?" With that, I burst into yet another round of tears. I broke out into loud sobs as he pushed my head onto his shoulder and patted my head. "I-I'm so s-sorry, op-p-pa." I clung onto him, "I c-came here to c-comfort you but h-how come it b-became the other way around?"

He laughed out loud and rubbed my back, "Silly, you. I told you it won't be long until I can see again. So you can quit being so worried about me, okay?" I could tell he was only trying to comfort me by saying that, and maybe a little bit of convincing himself as well. I nodded and pulled away to take a deep breath, "Right, you're right. I'm just worried, okay. My best friend is hurt, of course, I'm worried." 

He grabbed my hands and squeezed them in his before speaking, "Minhyuk hyung... I'm worried about him, I found out the guys confronted him after the accident. And... Shownu even hit him while they were at it." A gasp left my lips as my eyes widened in disbelief, "Oh no..." He patted my hands, "But they apologised to him after that. On the outside, he may seem fine, but I think he's still blaming himself. This is killing him, I can tell. Seeing me like this is not helping as well. I want you to be there for him."

I nodded even though Kihyun could not see, "I will, oppa." He nodded approvingly at me, "I tried to tell him it was not his fault but I don't think he listened to me. You're the only one he listens to, please pull him out of that black hole before he falls in any deeper." I pulled him in for a long hug, "Don't worry about it, oppa. I'll take care of it. Thank you so much for always being there for everyone even in this state." I pressed a kiss onto his forehead before pulling away, "You will be able to see again soon, I just know it."

He chuckled, "Alright, now go and get your man." I laughed lightly befo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter