Chapter 3

My bestfriend, Jeon Jungkook.

SO HEE'S POV:

"Yah... what was that, huh?" Minah teased me.

"I don't know..." I shrugged, not cutting my stare at Jungkook who's now walking away from us.

"Who's that baby?" Taehyung suddenly talked beside me.

"Will you please stop calling me baby?" I rolled my eyes and left him.

"Whyyyy?? You're so cute. You're my baby." he chuckled.

" you!" I showed him my middle finger.

"OHHHHHH!!" The boys in our classes shouted.

------

"Ms. Yoon?" our homeroom teacher called before I head out of the classroom.

"Yes?"

"Mr. Han won't be able to attend your class tomorrow and he wants you to lead the PE class, even in Class 4-A"

My eyes widened when he said that. Me?! I'll be the one to lead the PE class?!"

"B-But--"

"No buts Yoon So Hee. The topic is easy for a player like you. You can do it." he smiled.

"O... Okay...." I hesitantly said.

"Don't worry. Class 4-A is indeed a serious one, unlike your crazy classmates. You're not gonna stressed out there." he joked

"I'll just do my best sir."

"Okay.. Thank you. Go home safely!" he said and headed out of the room.

"Oh yeahhhhh.... Someone's going to be a teacher~" Jung Woo teased me.

"Shut up. Let's go." I wrapped my arm on his shoulders and dragged him out of the room.

------
"

Yah. I'll go now!" I stopped in front of our house.

"Hmm... Aren't you going to invite me for a dinner?" Jung Woo said.

Everyday, after class, My friends and I were always together when we go home. Minah is the nearest and Jung Woo is the farthest. That's why everytime I go home, I'm alone with Jung Woo. After sending me home, he'll go home by himself ㅋㅋㅋ

"Dinner my . It's 6 in the evening. Too early, just go home!" I playfully kicked his .

"Tsk. Arrasseo. I'll go now!" He lazily waved at me.

"Be safe! Byeeee!" I waved back.

I chuckled and was about to open the gate but I saw a pokerface Jungkook.

"O-Oh... Hi!" I awkwardly said.

He just stared at me and didn't answered.

"Okay... G-Goodnight." I said and passed by him.

"Who's that?"

I slightly jumped when I heard his deep voice.

"W-Who?" I nervously asked.

"The one who called you 'baby'"

I looked at him but he looked away.

"Uhmm... He's a new student. He's just joking around awhile ago." I awkwardly laughed.

He put his hands in his pocket and nodded silently.

"U-Uhmm... I'll go inside now."

I was about to take a step when he started to talk again, making me tripped.

"How about the guy who sent you here?"

"Awww..." I held my foot.

"A-Are you okay?" he walked towards me.

"N-No! No... It's okay hehehe..."

"You should be careful..."

Heol. He kneeled in front of me and held my foot. He gently massaged it, with a serious look on his face.

Why is he suddenly kind at me?

"I-I said it's okay Jungkook-ah..." I whispered.

He suddenly stopped massaging my foot and looked at me.

"Jungkook? Yah. Jeon Jungkook?" I snapped.

"Y-Yes?"

"You can put my foot down now hehehe.." I awkwardly said.

"S-Sorry..." he looked away.

"I'll go inside now..." I smiled.

"Ah! About your question... He's Jung Woo. Kang Jung Woo. He's my guy best friend. Mom and Dad knew him so if you're bothered that he's here, don't worry. He's a nice guy. He also lives here in our village and we grew up together." I smiled before leaving him.

------

"You're the right time, at the right moment.
You're the sunlight, keeps my heart going.
Know when I'm with you, I can't keep myself from falling.
Right time, at the right moment.
It's you..."

🎶🎤🎵

I smiled as I read a sweet part in the novel book I was holding, together with the music I love. I maybe looked too boyish for some people, but I am a romantic girl. I love sweet things and gestures. Yeah, you can call that "hopeless romantic". However, I don't have any experience in dating. I just base my perspective about love by those novels I read.

*KNOCK KNOCK*

My fantasy was cutted off when someone knocked on my door.

"Yes?" I shouted and stood up to opened the door.

I was startled to see Jungkook's awkward expression right in front of me.

"W-Why?" I asked.

"Uhmm... A-Aunt texted me and said that they will be home late so they want us to have dinner by ourselves." he awkwardly said.

"Really?  She texted you? How come that she didn't texted her own daughter?" I rolled my eyes.

"I-I cooked something. Just go down if you want."

"Hmm.. Let's go down and eat together." I smiled.

"O-Okay.."

------

"Whaaa... These looks good! You cooked all of these?!" I smelled the foods in the table.

"Yes.." He shyly nodded.

"You know what, you can be the successor of my Dad." I sat.

"Successor?" he sat in front of me.

"Yup. You can manage our resturant in the future. Hmmmm! This is yummy!!!" I excitedly said.

"I'm not his son. Why don't you inherit it?" he chuckled.

"Nah. I don't have any talent in cooking." I shrugged.

"What do you want to be when you grow up?" he seriously asked.

"Me? Hmmm... Wait... Are we talking about some personal things? I thought you don't want to talk to me." I asked.

"W-Well... Isn't the way a person should do to befriend with someone?" he looked away.

A smirk slowly plastered on my face as I understood what does he mean.

"So... You want us to be friends, huh?" I .

"I-I didn't have any friend so I don't know what to do to have one..."

"You want me to be your friend?" I leaned closer to him.

"I don't know anyone here in Korea... I also don't want to trust anybody... Its only aunt, uncle, and.... You."

My smile gets wider after he dropped those words.

"Hmmm... I have some rules before I accept a person as a friend." I said.

"W-What is it?" he nervously asked.

"First, I don't want someone who ignores me without telling me the problem first. I want to solve any problem between my friends, even if it is a small one, so I could save our friendship. Second, no secrets. Its so frustrating to know that your friend is hiding something from you, and I don't want that. Last, you'll accept everything I am." I seriously said.

He stared at me for a moment before nodding.

"Okay... I'll do that."

"Are you sure? Ah! Additional. No Kill Joy! Okay?"

"So... I have to do what you are doing?"

"Of course! Friends that do craziness together, stays forever!"

We both laughed.

------

"Yoon So hee! Wake up now!"

Someone shooked my body.

"Ughh... What?" I muttered.

"It's already 7:30 in the morning!" Jungkook shouted.

I quickly jumped out of the bed... Wait. Bed?

The last time I remembered, we were watching movies in the living room late at night. Then... I fell asleep! How did I got here in my room?

"Hey!" Jungkook snapped his fingers in front of me.

I looked at him from head to toe. He's in uniform already!!

"YAH! WHY DIDN'T YOU WAKE ME UP EARLIER! AISHHH!!" I ran to my closet.

"I thought you're already getting ready!" he sat on the edge of my bed.

"Tsk. I have PE class this morning!" I muttered at myself.

"PE? PE is our first subject too..." he asked me with a confused look.

I was about to go out of my room but I turned to him again.

"Ah. Today is your first day of school?"

"Uh-huh." he nodded.

"What section are you?"

Please... Let it be in our class!

"Class 4-A."

I sighed before nodding.

"Go to school now. I'll just follow later. Tell your classmates to get ready for your PE class and head directly to the field." I immediately headed to the bathroom without waiting for his answer.

I got a 10 minute shower and a 5 minute change of clothes. I ran upstairs to get my bag inside my room and was startled to see Jungkook who's still sitting on my bed.

"YAH! YOU SCARED ME TO DEATH!" I held my chest.

"What? I didn't do anything." he innocently asked.

"I told you to go first right?" I annoyingly said.

"No. I'll wait for you." he seriously said.

I was taken a back for a moment but I quickly came back to my senses.

"T-Then let's go." I awkwardly said and left him.

We both ran and headed to the resturant first.

"Mom! Dad! We'll go now." I kissed them.

"Did the two of you ate your breakfast?" Dad asked.

"No, Uncle. We're late. We'll just eat in the school." Jungkook said.

"O-Okay..." dad looked at me, then to Jungkook, then me again.

"Let's go!" I grabbed Jungkook's wrist and dragged him out of the resturant.

"Take care my babies!" Mom shouted and giggled.

I rolled my eyes and smirked.

------

"Yah. This is the way to your classroom right?" Jungkook pointed the building on the right side.

"Yup." I said and continued to walk towards the building on the left.

"T-Then why are you going here? You'll be late." he stopped me.

"Shhh... Let's just go!" I dragged him.

I looked at him from head to toe and I chuckled when I saw his school look.

He's definitely going to be the campus crush ㅋㅋㅋ

He maybe matching his school uniform with eyeglasses, he's doesn't look nerd at all. He's even cuter with that look.

"Heyyyy... You're going to be late!" he sounds too concerned.

"Don't worry!" I smiled at him.

After a minute, we reached their classroom.

"Are you ready on your first day?" I asked him.

He sighed before smiling and nodding.

"Get in. Ah... You need to change into your PE uniform right now. You knew that your first subject is PE, but you still wore your academic uniform? tsk tsk tsk." I shooked my head and dragged him inside the room.

The quiet students of Class 4-A looked at me with a confused look.

"What are you doing here, Ms. Yoon?" the student council president asked me.

"Good morning, President! First, I want to introduce to you my friend, Jeon Jungkook. He's new to your class." I smiled at him.

"Oh, really? Hi. I'm Choi Dae Hyun." he extended his hand to Jungkook.

"Jeon Jungkook." he seriously said.

"So. You personally came here in our classroom to introduce this new student?" Dae Hyun smiled at me.

Choi Dae Hyun and I were friends. Yup. We're friends but unlike with Jung Woo and Minah, we don't usually hang out. We are childhood friends actually. He loves to study, while I don't. He's a serious guy but doesn't stop me from liking him as a friend. I honestly don't know myself. I hate introvert people but I have a friend like that. Weird right?

Well Choi Dae Hyun is a good friend. He used to support me with my craziness, and I support him with his studies. He silently cheers me whenever I have a competition, and I did the same whenever he joins in math competitions.

That's how our friendship goes. Not everyone is aware that we were friends. We're keeping it in a lowkey.

"Nope. I also want to inform all of you that I'll be your PE teacher for today." I winked at him.

He chuckled before nodding.

"Okay. I'll tell everyone." he smiled.

"I'll meet you guys in the field at exactly 8:10, okay?" I tapped his shoulder.

"Okay."

I turned to Jungkook who's now seriously staring at Dae Hyun.

"Yah." I whispered.

He came back to his senses and looked at me.

"Change now, okay? See you in 10 minutes." I smiled.

"Y-You're going to be pur teacher?" he asked.

"Yup." I chuckled and left him.

------

JUNGKOOK'S POV:

My classmates and I headed to the field. Some of my female classmates keeps talking to me but I'm too shy to have a conversation with them.

"Looks like you have many fangirls?" Choi Dae Hyun suddenly talked beside me.

"It's not." I just smirked.

*PRRRRTT!! PRRRRTTTT!!*

We all saw So Hee on the field with a ball on her hand. But what makes us confused is when we saw her classmates sitting at the bench.

"What are they doing here?" some of my classmates whispered.

I think Class 4-A and Class 4-C had never been in good terms. Maybe?

"Okay! Assemble Class 4-A!! Sit beside our class. Thank you!" she shouted.

After a few minutes, she finally started the class.

"Okay. Good morning everyone! I'm Yoon So Hee from Class 4-C. Mr. Han won't be able to join us today so he assigned me to lead the PE class. I thought it would be only Class 4-A this morning, but I was reminded last minute that our Math teacher gave way to make our PE class done in the same hour so it won't be hard for me." So Hee explained in front of us.

"Ughhh...." My classmates annoyingly said.

"Hold on guys! I know you guys never liked our class but I need you to cooperate with each other."

"That's right! It's not like we love to have one class with you either." The girl from Class 4-C said.

"Yah, Minah. Shut up!"

"Anyway, we don't want my baby to have a hard time so we will cooperate with you guys."

WHUT? B-BABY?!!

We all immediately looked at the guy who said that.

Its him again!!

Why does he keep calling So Hee his 'baby'?!

"Don't mind him. Let's start!" she clapped her hands once.

We all formed 4 lines. 2 lines for boys and 2 lines for girls.

"Today, we are going to play dodgeball. We will have 6 teams, 3 teams each section. We will divide the field into two so that we can have 2 set of games on the same time. Those who are not allowed to join because of some health problems, would be the scorer. We need to record the score because that will be my report to Mr. Han. Do you understand guys?!" She shouted.

"YESSS!" we all shouted.

"Okay! Let's start stretching first!"

We all scattered and started to have our stretching. I roam my eyes around to look for So Hee because I'm starting to feel awkward here.

"Yah. Will you stop following me?" I heard her voice.

I saw her talking with the guy who keeps calling  her 'baby'. So Hee looks annoyed with him meanwhile the guy was just standing beside her like he's doing nothing. I rolled my eyes and stretched my arm.

"You like her huh?" Daehyun suddenly appeared beside me while stretching his legs.

"W-What?"

"Yoon So Hee." we both looked at So Hee who's still pushing his classmate away.

"N-No." I moved away from him a little.

He suddenly chuckled before turning to me again.

"What?" I frowned.

"Are you sure?" He seriously asked.

"W-We're just friends!" I exclaimed.

He slowly nodded and continued to stretch.

"How long have you been friends? I thought Jung Woo and I were only her guy friends. She's picky when it comes to choosing a friend." he smirked.

"J-Just yesterday. We decided to be friends yesterday." I hesitantly said.

He raised his eyebrow and chuckled.

"Really?! No wonder why you're not familiar to me." he nodded again.

I looked at So Hee and that's the time that she looked at me too. She smiled at me and waved from afar. I smiled widely too.

"Yah." Daehyun talked again.

Damn! Why does he keep talking?

"What?" I annoyingly said.

"You really don't like So Hee, right?"

"Why do you ask so much---"

"I like her." he cutted my words.

I don't  know why but something makes me unable to talk and move. Everything around me stopped just because of his 3 words. I stared at him and he's really determined to tell me those words. It's like a warning for me.

*PPPRRRRTTTT!!*

I came back to my senses and finally respond to him.

"W-We are just friends. I don't have romantic feelings towards her." I said.

! Why am I struggling in saying those words.

He slowly smiled and nodded, like he is satisfied on my answer.

"Good. It's better to clear things first. If you are her friend, then you're my friend too. Like what I've said, she's picky when it comes to choosing a guy friend. It means there's only you, Jung Woo, and me. And with every guy who enters her life, I want to make sure if his purpose is purely friend... or wanted to have more." he said straight to my face.

"I like her. No... I love her. We've been friends for almost a decade and yet I wasn't able to show her my feelings. I'm scared. She never had a boyfriend, and she never liked anyone romantically. But that doesn't mean I should stop right? Soon... Soon, I'll make her mine." he continued while looking at her.

I stared at him and felt an unexplainable feeling. I suddenly felt that I shouldn't share So Hee from anyone. I'm getting greedy of her... Maybe because she's my only friend?

-----------------------------

Happy New Year everyone! Keep on supporting my stories! Love youuu~