Chapter 9

House Of Roses
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 9

 

Morning rays shine brighten the mansion filled with five souls still sleeping peacefully in their own room. Birds chirping happily next to White Roses windows awaken one younger soul from her deep sleep. Wondered about the time, Tzuyu tried to reach the table clock but failed when she realized her right arm stuck between Mina’s waist.

“How did I get the courage?”

She thought to herself while silently admiring one ethereal figure sleeping soundly next to her. Suddenly her tummy starts to grumble while busy adoring the older girl. Reluctantly she forced herself out of the bed and checked the time. It was 7AM in the morning. Still early before school start.

“Maybe I should cook something” She proceed to the mansion’s kitchen.

As she was about to enter the kitchen, a sweet savory scent knocking her hungry tummy. She wondered who could have been baking at such time. She made her entrance which alert the person who already inside.

“Oh Morning Tzuyu. You’re early” Sana greeted.

“Morning Sana unnie. Yeah but you’re definitely earlier than me. Baking? At this time?”

“Yup. It’s my usual routine at my house and once in a week I would bake some since Mina really likes my muffins”

Sana smiled warmly reminiscing her early days with the Roses. Sana’s baked muffin was one of Mina endorphins when she was caught into depression. Maybe it’s true some people could relief their distress by eating.

Both Sana and Mina been classmates since their lower grades. It’s easy to tell whenever Mina is in distress even though the girl didn’t confide to anyone. She kept it to herself which frustrate Momo and Sana sometimes but slowly they learned how to read well her behind those masks.

Words are not enough to unmask her precious friend’s real feelings but actions are enough to tell one’s story. The infamous calm, graceful and courteous White Roses which everyone think the perfect Roses out of three but they never see the frail and fragile side behind those perfect curtain. Mina hates it when she was unable to hide her fragile side from both Momo and Sana but slowly she learnt to depend on those two which strengthen their friendship.

There’s Momo on her left side protecting her from any kind of harm in this world and there’s Sana on her right side ready to shower her with affections she could offer whenever Mina is falling into her darkness. To them Mina is their precious youngest sister. No one dares to mess with this trio.

“Ding!”

Oven clicked opened which snapped out Sana from her little flashback. Tzuyu eyes widen when she saw fluffy baked muffins fresh from the oven.

“Wow it looks so fluffy and moist Sana Unnie!”

“I know right?” Sana smiled widely feeling proud of her final product.

“But is it edible?” Tzuyu nonchalantly said.

“Yah! Your Mina unnie likes my muffin how you could misjudge them!”

“Hehe… I know unnie. I was teasing” Tzuyu giggled.

“You little!” Sana pinched Tzuyu’s nose playfully which made both of them fall into laughter.

“Now have a seat while I serve you this muffin”

“No. You have a seat Sana unnie.”

Tzuyu pulled the chair out. Seconds later she reached out for Sana’s hand and dragged the older girl to the table slowly forcing her to seat. Sana sat there silently not knowing what Tzuyu was about to do.

“Let me brew you some coffee. What is morning without coffee? Plus let’s make our breakfast complete” Tzuyu smiled

“Sensible I see…”

“Is Americano fine with you? It’s my specialty”

“Anything is fine.”

Tzuyu tied her hair neatly and start brewing her coffee silently while Sana observing the younger girl. Watching her brewing the coffee diligently made Sana see Tzuyu in the new light. Looking at Tzuyu’s back made Sana realize how tall the girl is and somehow she radiates dependable aura.

“How cute…” she muttered to herself.

“Um…? Did you say something?”  Sana internally screaming at herself for carelessly blurted out something she shouldn’t have. Didn’t know how to respond, she request for latte art trying to divert the younger girl’s attention.

“Latte art?”

“Yes! Can you make it?”

“Of course! I’m an art student!”

Sana sighed a big relief. That was dangerous.

Tzuyu served the coffee before starting their little breakfast together which left one cup of coffee left unattended.

“Is that for Mina?” Sana asked.

“Yeah… I made extra for her”

“Oh please serve it together with my muffin. Don’t let it be incomplete remember?”

“Hei that’s my line!” both of the giggled and enjoyed their meaningful breakfast together for the first time.

*At white roses room*

Silently, carefully Tzuyu place Mina’s morning breakfast on the table. She left a little note before heading to shower room preparing herself earlier for a little meet up with her best friend Chaeyoung. Right before she left the room she took one last look at Mina and poke the older girl’s left cheek.

“See you later unnie”

Fresh coffee fragrance woke Mina up from her deep sleep. The first thing she realized was the vacant space next to her side. Didn’t know where her petite soeur went she scanned the room with drowsy eyes and she found nothing but a cup of coffee next to her bed.

“Muffin…?  And a Coffee…? Smells nice”

Effortlessly she went closer and noticed one white rose and little note attached next to the cup.

“Smell the roses, enjoy the coffee. Anything to start your day beautifully. – Tzuyu”

Mina’s tummy filled with butterflies when she read that one simple note from Tzuyu. She couldn’t stop herself from grinning.

“Dork…”

*At Maria’s hall*

Tzuyu stood nervously waiting for her little friend to show up. Sweet talking is not her forte thus she bought Dahyun with her for support or a little push.

“Do you think this is fine? I don’t know if my presence will help you much”

“It’s fine. I need you help if I’m not good enough with persuading since I’m not good with words”

“Really……?” Dahyun raised her eyebrows in disbelief.

“Alright… maybe I need a muffin and a cup of coffee to start my day beautifully”

“Yah!!!!!!!! How did you know!??????????? Did you sneak into Mina’s unnie room!?????” Tzuyu couldn’t believe Dahyun just quoted her morning note for Mina.

“No! Why the heck I would sneak inside? Sana unnie told me. She saw your hand written note before she left the kitchen”

“Ah… that make sense. Didn’t know she saw my note. It’s embarrassing” Tzuyu blushed. Indeed she’s not good with words but she could convey it better in writing or maybe it came out naturally by just thinking of her Mina unnie.

“Anyway I’ll support you. I like Chaeyoung too”

“You know her?”

“Of course silly! I and Sana unnie has been following Momo unnie for club matters since first day. Chaeyoung would stay back with us for Momo unnie extra activities and that’s how we bond. She’s such an optimist person. I like her. Honestly I think all of us could be a great team”

Looking back at her first counter with Dahyun was ironic. From one bitter tense meeting might turn as sweet as honey by today. After spent her time with the Roses family for almost two months she didn’t know Dahyun could be this caring and affectionate towards her like an older sister looking out for her younger sister. Tzuyu became fond of Dahyun as time goes on.  Tzuyu giggled at her thought.

“What’s the sudden silent laugh?”

“Nothing just reminiscing our first encounter and how it turned out better now”

“I wish I could delete my memory of that. I was so immature”

“Nah it’s fine. First impression one of the greatest lie isn’t it?”

“It wasn’t really about first impression. It was a little but if only I didn’t take Sana unnie’s words about you at the wrong idea it wouldn’t be embarrassing”

“It’s ok Dahyun. I know you love Sana unnie so much. Love is blind you know?”

“It is… Somehow she still talk about you every day…” Tzuyu lifted her left eyebrow.

“Don’t tell me you’re worried…?”

“Hate to admit it but a little bit I guess?”

“Silly. You have her necklace!”

“Honestly this necklace idea is stupid! It’s just a symbolic matter of Soeur system but what if the bearer’s soul doesn’t belong to it? Doesn’t it sound meaningless? Plus both party can revoke their bond anytime. I’m afraid Sana unnie might do that out of the blue.”

Dahyun let out one big sigh of insecurity. Couldn’t bear with Dahyun’s worried and insecure face, Tzuyu move forward and hugged the other girl trying to comfort and ease this awkward conversation. There’s no way she will betray Mina and make mess inside Yellow Roses relationship. She already came clean with her feelings and no one will mess that up again.

“It won’t happen… trust me. I only have you and Chae as my best friend. I won’t jeopardize our friendship over silly necklace.” Tzuyu slowly cares Dahyun’s back ensuring the other girl her words are not lies.

“Thank you. How about you? Are you happy with Mina unnie?”

As Tzuyu was about to resume their talk, one small figure ran towards with panic written all over her face. All of them bowed to each other after exchanged their morning greetings.

“How Miss Momo doing? Is she okay? Did you guys bring her to the doctor? She must be frustrated right now”

Chaeyoung couldn’t stop asking about Momo’s wellbeing and it’s obvious enough for those two not to second guess how much she cared about Momo. The petite girl couldn’t stop throwing questions till Tzuyu grab the latter shoulders trying to calm her down.

“Calm down. She’s fine relaxing on wheelchair while one of her leg got casted”

“You call that fine!? That’s totally not fine nor okay at all!”

“What? Don’t yell at me will you?”

“I’m sorry… It just I feel sorry for her now that she is unable to perform her duties. Must be frustrated for her”

Chaeyoung frowned in misery while unable to lift her head. She has been practicing hard with Momo ever since she found out about the meeting pre-battle showdown. She knew exactly how devoted Momo is towards sustaining the school’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter