(NOT) Normal

Absolutely Not

November 16 17 2017 

Diary Entry #1 

 

Hello diary.

    

Wow what a terrible start

 

How do people even startt these?

 

Damn a spelling mistake, this is already a disaster. Goodbye.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

Okay this diary cost me like 10 bucks, that’s the only reason I’m back here writing. The ONLY reason.

 

Where am I, you ask?

 

That’s none of your business stalker.

 

Well.

 

By the time anyone you're reading this I’ll probably be dead in a ditch somewhere. Or too famous to care. One or the other. Let’s just say I’ll be too famous to care. Yeah. That sounds good.

 

So, this is a diary. And I’m writing in it.

 

What do I even write about

 

OH YEAH

 

I’d just like to say, for the record, that what happened today, that was… Well… It wasn’t normal.

 

Yeah.

 

Not normal. Weird. I don’t really even know what happened. But I know it wasn’t normal.

 

NOT BECAUSE OF ME!

 

I’m the normal one. But him… Yeah he isn’t normal.

 

Like, if there were two rooms, one where normal people talked and the other where weird people talked.

 

He would be in the weird room.

 

Yeah.

 

And I would be in the normal room.

 

I guess what I’m trying to say to you, future reader, is that what happened was not normal

 

NOT NORMAL

 

End of Entry #1

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

“Uhh, h-hey, Kyungsoo, you look like you’re having trouble in uhh math, I c-can help you study, you know…”

 

The hallway went silent.

 

All eyes were on the brown haired boy, with his hands shoved into his pockets. A furious blush was spread across his cheeks. His eyes were downcast, focusing on the floor, acting as if what he said was totally fine. Just him asking another guy if he needed help studying.

 

Except it wasn’t fine. And this fact was painfully apparent to all onlookers. After all they were witnessing Kim Jongin: school delinquent, “cool guy”, claims he’s part of the mafia, wants everybody to call him Kai, asking Do Kyungsoo: silent and shy, always reading, doesn’t really care about anything or anyone, consistently looks like he wants to strangle someone else then strangle himself, if he needs help studying.

 

The silence seemed to stretch on for an eternity. Kyungsoo was in a wide-eyed trance, and Jongin wouldn’t even look up. Students in the hallway held their breath, not sure what to expect. Because, well, this had never happened.

 

It was pretty common knowledge that this sort of interaction didn’t happen. There was no rule, obviously. But it just didn’t. People like Kyungsoo didn’t bother with anyone else. And people like Jongin bothered with everyone except people like Kyungsoo. And now worlds were clashing, and it was only inevitable that chaos would ensue. After all, with such a displacement in the balance, what could be expected but total anarchy?

 

“Aren’t you failing math?”

 

Kyungsoo found his voice, and had his eyebrow raised questioningly. He had recovered from the shock of the initial offering and was now trying to evaluate exactly what the heck was going on. He also had a suspicion that Jongin was put up to this as part of some bet. But then again, if it was a bet, why was Jongin blushing? And why wouldn’t he look Kyungsoo in the eyes? Oh yeah and why the heck was this happening?!

 

Jongin finally lifted his head and met Kyungsoo’s gaze, if only for a second, before he looked away, not wanting to be pulled into those irresistible soft brown eyes. He bit his lip, trying to come up with a smart response, because damn he should’ve thought this out. Yes, he was getting a solid 62% in math (a step up from last year), and yes he probably could use some serious studying help from someone(but he would never lower himself to that), and goddamnit yes, people like him don’t interact with people like Kyungsoo (but how else could he talk to the guy??)

 

So yes, there were about 100 reasons Jongin shouldn’t have been asking Kyungsoo in the hallway if he needed help studying. But desperate times call for desperate measures. He would not allow himself to be humiliated. He was The Kim Jongin Kai after all, and this other guy was loner Do Kyungsoo, who nobody knew anything about, who didn’t talk to anyone, who has moderately nice hair, and maybe really smooth skin, and a heart shattering smile and-

 

“Well?” Kyungsoo prompted, now a little bit concerned about Kim Jongin because the guy looked like he was going to have a heart attack.

 

Jongin cursed under his breath, realizing how much of an idiot he looked like in front of all these other people. Why the hell did he decide to do this in the hallway? Another reason this was a terrible idea.

 

“N-Nah, I’m doing pretty well, you know… My mark’s in the range of like, 60-100, so…”

 

Not necessarily false.

 

“A-And like, I saw you getting your test back, and looking pretty sad…”

 

And pouting like the cute puppy you are!

 

“So I mean, I just wanted to help you with studying, you know…”

 

And maybe do it at my house, or yours, with some scented candles and-

 

“Oh. Yeah I did pretty badly on that test…”

 

“I knew it!” Jongin exclaimed, a little bit too triumphantly. He cleared his throat, lowering his voice to a more “cool guy” level, “I knew it.” He repeated.

 

“98% really is not as great as I hoped…” Kyungsoo sighed.

 

Jongin blinked a few times, not sure what he just heard.

 

“S-Sorry?” Jongin ventured, his previous confidence vanishing.

 

“Yeah, I got my test back and it was only 98… Way to ruin my 100 average…” Kyungsoo complained, and Jongin almost passed out.

 

He could hear snickers around the hallway, people whispering.

 

Well .

 

Make that 98% the 101st reason Jongin shouldn’t have been asking Kyungsoo if he needed help to study.

 

 

 

 

 

 


thank you for reading

what happens? to be continued in the next chapter!

subscribe comment and upvote if you liked

until next time

byee!!