Meow~~

오 내 수중! (OH MY SOOJUNG!)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

ONE SHOT

 


“Oh, hey ... You want some milk? Here you go...” I poured some milk on her cup and patted her head. Such a good pet!


“I’m excited for tonight Kryssie... I got a chance to see her again! Man.... Shes so beautiful...” I can’t stop thinking about this beautiful girl I met months ago at the park. Sigh....


“Meow~~” I sat on the floor and patted Kryssie’s head and caresses her body while she obediently laps on her milk like the good cat she is.


“She’s beautiful, funny, she eats a loooot! Hahahaha! I brought two orders of Bulgogi last night and three orders of rice. Imagine her eating all of it without getting fat. Wow... Maybe her trainer is really good or her metabolism is fast.”

 

My name is Amber, age.... 25 hehehe... I work as a pet sitter at my friend’s pet shop in Cheongdamdong at day. At night, I do some busking at the Han river Park or sometimes i just really play my guitar and people starts to listen and watch me.


If Ed Sheeran did it on the subway and got discovered, then me i’m doing it at the park with the hopes of being discovered too.


I love singing and composing songs, its the only thing i love doing. Oh, actually there is another one that I love doing.


Taking care of animals.


Yep, I’m an animal person.


That’s why i took the job my friend Key gave me when I was really broke. I got to take care of the pets inside his animal hotel.


My friend got this brilliant idea of making a business for the animal lovers out there. Owners who goes to work everyday or when they go out of town or out of the country leaves their pets in our establishment and we take care of them.


I do the day shift while my other friend Joey is on night shift. I earn and at the same time i got to do what i love.


Kryssie, a Russian blue cat is one of my favorite pet here in the hotel. Her owner, Ms. Victoria Song always drops her at our animal hotel every morning at exactly 7:00 am before going to her work then picks her up at exactly 5:30 pm. It never fails, that’s why Kryssie and I developed a bond.

 


She’s a sweet cat, always hovering around my feet when i do my chore or always sits on my lap when I do some desk work inside the office. She likes drinking milk and eating her tuna nibbles. She also likes listening to me when i sing a song to all the pets in the hotel.


Key and Joey said I’m crazy and i just laugh at them. What’s important is the animals appreciate how beautiful my voice is even if what i sing to them is “Despacito” in an out of this world Spanish nyahahaha...

 

 

 

After finishing my chores and making sure Kryssie is already well fed like all her buddies inside, i checked my watch for the time and saw that it’s already 5:25 pm. It means Ms. Vic will be coming to take Kryssie home.


I went to her box and picked her up, placing her on my lap. “Hey Kryssie, wish me luck later, arasso? She said she’s going to say something important to me. I also want to say something important to her... I want to confess to her now. I... I think I’m in with love her.”


“Meowww~~.. Meowww~~..”


“I know... It seems too fast. But.. That’s what my heart says Kryssie. I’m in love with her... But you know what? I’m scared... I don’t know if she likes me too... I mean... Yes we kissed! But that was like for just 5 seconds and she pulled back immediately and left me there on the bench. She ran away from me... Just like that. Maybe she’s disgusted with what happened... Because she can’t believe that she kissed a girl." Sigh....


“Meowwwww~~~~~~....”


“It’s very confusing Kryssie... I thought she likes me too. Maybe she’s going to say goodbye later... If that happens, maybe i should just keep what i will say to her. It doesn’t matter anymore, right?”


“Meowww!! Meoww!!!”


“Haha! I don’t know what you just said but i think you’re protesting. Hahaha! It’s better to keep those feelings hidden Kryssie than to be rejected again. If she tells me to disappear and never see her again, i’ll do it.”


The bell at the door chimed and Ms. Vic waved at me with a wide smile on her face. It never fails actually. I took Kryssie in my arms and brought her to Ms. Vic who was smiling at me handing a cup of Boba.


“Hey Amber! How was my Kryssie? Did she do anything naughty today?”


“Nah... She’s good. Although all she did today is circle my feet, cuddle on my lap, and my face… really unusual behavior of her hehehe… Other than that, none.” I smiled and gave the cat to her. I took Kryssie’s bag under the counter and arranged it for her but Ms. Vic stopped me.


“It’s okay Amber, I’m not going to put her there. We have somewhere to go tonight. She can stay on the passenger seat.”


She the cat’s head and whispered on it’s ears like she always does when she picks her up. It was cute especially when Kryssie will respond with her without fail with her ‘Meowwww!~~~’ hahahaha!!! Ms. Vic really loves her cat and the cat loves her too. I helped her bring the bag inside her car and said goodbye.

 

 

It was already quarter to 6:00 pm, my shift will be ending. I immediately went inside the locker to change my clothes and get ready on my date tonight.


Wait…is it a date?


Sigh…


I’m just the one thinking it’s a date.. right?


Probably she’ll just tell me later that we should continue to be just friends. I mean… it’s okay if that’s what she wants. At the least… we are friends.


I can’t wait to see her tonight.

 

 

 

 

The girl I’m talking about is Soojung, the beautiful goddess I met at the Han river park one night after finishing my impromptu performance. I was sitting on a bench watching the lights at the bridge change.


She suddenly appeared out of nowhere and sat beside me, asking if she can sit. As if I can say no, she already planted her there. Beautiful, sassy, y, and funny. That’s what she is.


We talked all night just enjoying each other’s company. Two strangers who are just enjoying the night while eating TTeukbokki, we didn’t even notice that it was already 5:00 am. We said goodbye to each other, me hoping to see her again.


“Oppa... I have to go. Will I see you here tomorrow night?” she asked me with eyes like those Puss in Boots do in the movies when he’s a poor cat. She’s so cuteeeee…~~~


“Of course! I’ll be here Soojung... By the way, you can call me unnie...” i said scratching my head. It happens all the time. People always mistakes me for a boy even though I am a girl. Can’t blame them, I’m one hell good looking oppa material.


Her eyes went wide when she heard it, making me sad. So all the time we were talking and laughing she thought I’m some handsome oppa. Maybe that’s the reason why she sat beside me, she thought I’m some oppa she can get a date with...


“U-unnie??... You’re a girl?!” ouch.


I sighed and gave her a smile but deep inside I was a little bit hurt. The way her face showed doubt hurts me.


“Yes, I am a girl... Ever since I was born haha... Sorry to disappoint you Soojung..”


“I... I have to go Amber…” her face became sad and she smiled. I nodded at her and watched her turn around and run away from me.

 

 

 

 

After that encounter, a month passed and I didn’t saw her again. Then Kryssie came in the animal hotel with her owner Miss Vic. She said she needs someone to take care of her cat because she’s always busy with her work and her cat seems to be sad. She needed someone to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter