2/2

Five years after

Today would be the second professional meeting between the lawyer and the soon to be divorced model. This time Himchan wouldn’t be there, and it would be in Daehyun’s office. It’s more professional, if your eted mind don’t think about on the desk. 

Anyway it was like five minutes Youngjae was sitting in front of the lawyer. Well, on the other side of the desk. Daehyun was busy with some important documents he needed to check before stowing it. 
 

DH : Done. Sorry for the wait, it was very important. Do you have the papers ? 
 

YJ : No, I just gave it to my husband. I’m here for the list of what I want to keep.
 

DH : Oh yes show me. The model gave his ex a printed paper. Of course he wouldn't have write himself.

YJ : I don’t want a lot of things. He can keep the house and the cars. I have a driver anyway. I just want my cat and some little things very important to me. 

DH : Hm… well, since you don’t want the house it will be faster. Who makes more money between you two ?

YJ : It’s me. But I don’t want him to ask me money or anything. I just want that divorce to be over and move on with my life.

DH : Since you let him most of your expansive things they won’t allow it. After that divorce, you won’t hear about him if that's what you want. While Daehyun was busy typing on his computer, Youngjae busy himself with the photos on the desk.

YJ : Oh my god, you still have that. He took a frame with a picture of them at one of their date. In fact, it was the last before they ‘split’. You were in that bad boy phase.

DH : Hm. He ignored the other. 

YJ : I can’t believe five years passed since then. We were so happy. At that Daehyun couldn’t help but laugh with irony. Why did you left if we were that happy? He thought.

DH : Do you want something to drink ? Coffee ? Tea ? 

YJ : Tea. Why are you laughing ? 

DH : Excuse my language sir but you’re saying bull. He said throwing the picture in the drawer before calling someone for the hot beverages.

YJ : Are you saying you weren’t happy ? Frown the model.

DH : Honestly, you’re the last person I want to talk about happiness or all this . If this wasn’t for work, me and you wouldn’t be talking nor right now, nor never again. Admitted Daehyun. 

YJ : So why did you accept ?

DH : Because your dear manager begged me, he was practically on his knees. Now that Daehyun thought about it, he should have records the scene, it was quite hilarious. 

YJ : Himchan ?  I knew he seemed a bit too involved.

DH : Now please, I want to keep this lawyer-client relationship and don’t mention the past.

YJ : Four years and nine months passed since that day. Can’t we try to be friends ? That night at Himchan’s we were okay.

DH : Are you seriously asking me that ? Of course I don’t want to be involved in an other that professional relationship. 

YJ : Can we talk about it ?
DH : What are we doing right now ? Playing cards ? Youngjae sigh. He was the sassy y one. The new kid knocked on the door with their drinks.

YJ : I don’t want to do this here at your workplace. Can we meet outside after ?

DH : I would rather wait for our work to be over before having this kind of conversation with you.

YJ : Why ? So that you can be cold with me ? 

DH : Can we not right now ? He said tiredly. If the coffee wouldn’t be that hot, he would have drunk it in one shot.

YJ : Go, tell me.

DH : I don’t think right now is the right moment.

YJ : You know what ?  I changed my mind. I’m going to tell you everything now. 

DH : Youngjae. He said the name for the first time. I have a trial in…

YJ : Daehyun don’t dare moving your from this chair. He raised a bit the voice. Daehyun gulped then nodded. In the past he was whipped already. Are you really that stupid Jung Daehyun ? You were my first lover and my first time you idiot. The model could hear his voice betraying him. You don’t know how hard breaking up with you would have been, yeah I choose the coward option, but when we were together, everything felt so right, so perfect. I couldn't face you.

DH : Why did you have to leave. Did I upset you ? Did I do something wrong. The lawyer said more calmly. 

YJ : I had to if I wanted to be accepted as model in that agency. We, model have same dating rules as idols. I wanted to come back to you once I made my proof with the agency. I knew if I prove them they can’t let me go, they would let me do as I want, and I was right.

DH : And the rest of the story, you marry that kid you barely know and divorce months after. Very intelligent of you. His jealousy was talking.

YJ : I wanted to comeback to you, but after the way I left I had no rights to hurt you again.

DH : You should have let a letter at least you know ?

YJ : I’m sorry. He said again. 

Daehyun sigh. He was tired and the truth was making him mad. He felt used. He really was a fool. The reason of all this unhappy years, blaming himself for letting the younger go, just for hearing that kind of answer. The younger didn’t have any idea of what he had been through. The hell he lived. How hard it is to wake up everyday with the same person in head after nearly five years. That was the joke of the century. But at the same time he felt free. He knew the truth.

DH : You should leave now, the meeting is over. He needed time to think.

YJ : I admit I was a coward back then. But now you're the coward between us. He said before leaving the office. Poor tea stayed untouched.
 

 

CY : Your were too harsh.

DH : What ?

CY : You wanted my opinion, I think you went too harsh on the poor guy.

DH : Too harsh ? Do you know what I had been through when he left ? I became a depressive alcoholic and a drug addict. I was ruined I wanted to die. Daehyun  kept his promess to tell the barman everything after their last encounter. He didn’t expect his new friend to react like that.

CY : I think Youngjae didn't expected that. He knows you are strong, he thought you would have move on easily. If he knew how destroyed you would be, he wouldn't have do that. After what you told me he doesn't seem like a bad guy. But in your case, the reason of your reaction is that you’re not over him.

DH : Am I that obvious ?  

CY : You so are. Now that he told you the truth you have to tell him about your downfall and how you lived that breakup. I’m certain he’ll feel bad for you and regret.

DH : I don’t want his pity.

CY : That’s the problem, you do want something from him. Otherwise you would have forgive him after his explanation.
DH : I’m jealous. He finally admitted. 
CY : What ? Why ?
DH : He married this kid he barely know while I was dying from a broken heart. He should have come back to me, I would have forgive him and even marry him. But now, I feel like my heart is blocking every love feelings. I don’t know how to love and feel loved anymore.
CY : No, you’re scared of that. It’s different.
Thruth.
DH : What should I do ?
CY : Have a real discussion with him. Wait for the divorce to be over and ask him to talk. He want it as much as you do.
DH :  Yeah. I’ll do that. Act like a man.
CY : So, finding your style ?
DH : Oh my , you're not referring to my clothes right ?
He remember he was wearing one of that casual clothes he bought.
CY : This is exactly what I'm talking about. 
DH : I'm trying to wear other things that suits when I’m off work. I look younger with that don’t I ?
He checked himself out. The clothes were not too bad in fact.
CY : Got someone to impress ? Maybe an ex ? Teased the barman.
DH : I’m doing it for myself. 
CY : Sure.
DH : I gotta go anyway. Talk to you later.

When he left the bar he felt better. His new friend was right, he should forgive his ex. Talking with him will help to move on, Daehyun just needed to clear everything with the man he still like, probably love.

 

 

YG : You shouldn't have do that. One of them is going to get hurt again, and I don’t know why, I have the feeling it’s going to be my friend. Scolded Yongguk after another fight about the lawyer and the model. 

HC : They’re adults, they changed. I’m sure they can make it right this time.

YG : But it’s not our business. If they want to be together, they make things on their own. Don’t push them, that’s all I ask.

HC : babe just let me help them. They’re too dumb to realize they love each other. And very stubborn too. Well Daehyun is the most complicated case between the two.

YG : I let you do your things. He sigh. He knew it was impossible to convince his lover when he had something in head. But don’t involve me in your business. 

HC : Dear, we both know I have my way to make you work. The diva whispered in his husband’s ear, making him shiver.

YG : You're evil.

HC : But you love me anyway. He winked, before leaving the place and a now hard man.

YG : Why did I fall in love with him. The poor man mumbled. He took his phone to call his best friend. He needed  a man's night right now.
He let a note to his lover before leaving the house.

As soon as he hung up, Daehyun changed his clothes to run to the gym where he and Yongguk always go. After leaving Chanyeol that’s where he was about to go anyway.

He thought about the day, it started well, then his ex came to his office and said all this things. The first thing he did after that was going to the bar because he needed a drink, and he told the man behind the counter he would tell how things go.

Now that he can think about it alone, they all were right. His hate for his ex didn’t exist, he was just hurt, but hearing this things coming from the model's mouth, it made his heart beat like crazy. Like that was what he wanted, he needed to hear. What he didn’t know is that two hearts were beating fast when in the same place.
Of course it didn't mean anything, just because he heard the truth didn’t mean they would go back together, but Daehyun was ready to try and be friends with his ex. But just friends, he was still against love relationships. 

YG : Which day was worse, yours or mine ?  Yongguk appeared, his gym bag in hand.

DH : Honestly my day wasn't that bad. I met Youngjae for the case and he told me why he left that day. 

YG : And ? The older lifted an eyebrow surprise.

DH : And I’m not mad anymore. The idea of a friendship even crossed my mind.

YG : You’re sure about that ? It was probably too soon to think about that.

DH : No, but I still want to try. It can help me heal the open wound maybe.

YG : I trust you but be careful. Don’t fall again. 

DH : We both know it’s too late for that bro.

 

YJ : You have to tell me. Insisted Youngjae  

HC : No. You have to wait for him to be ready to tell you. Scolded Himchan.

YJ : He keeps avoiding the subject, he will never tell me. Pouted the model.

HC : Don’t worry, I’ll talk to him, and if he acts like you said, I’ll tell you myself what happened when you left five years ago.

YJ : Why don’t you call him and ask him if you can tell me ?

HC :We're not kids Youngjae. Don’t you think it’s a bit childish ? 

YJ :Okay let’s wait for the moment 

HC :Just wait for the end of the divorce.
 

--------------------------

Finally free. That's what Youngjae thought when he left the room where his ex husband and the lawyers were. 
Daehyun couldn’t believe the man he always loved married a baby. Maybe it was the jealousy talking, but for Daehyun, the husband were a cute giant with a babyface. Himself was much manly.

DH : I understand now why you never came back to me. Stated Daehyun. His ex didn’t understand his meaning though.

YJ : I told you why already. 

DH : Forgot to tell me you were into the cute type. Thought you liked men. He said casually. 

YJ : Not everybody is as manly as you. Joked the petite man.

DH : Are you saying I’m too manly for you ? He crossed his big arms in front of the smaller man.

YJ : It's never too much when it’s about men. Winked the model. Daehyun laughed loudly, his voice echoing in the lobby outside of the court. A month ago, this conversation would have been impossible between the two.

DH :Wanna grab a coffee in the area ? I think I owe you a talk. 

YJ : Lead the way. 

Since they were in the business district, coffee shops were at every corner. They didn’t have to walk a lot to find the perfect place. 

They decided to order together at the counter so that they won’t have to wait and their talk won’t be disturbed.
Daehyun being the gentleman he is paid, for their order and bring it to an empty table.

DH : Is this seat good for you ? He asked seriously because he was gentleman till the end.

YJ : It’s perfect. He giggled.

DH : Did the result of the justice satisfied you ? Once seated he made himself comfortable, loosening the tie and opening the first buttons of his shirt. The model has to admit his ex was really handsome and y. He aged well. In the court he was so strict and dominant, and in private playful and boyish. He liked that. That's the man he fell in love with.

YJ : I should really hire you as my lawyer. You’re very good. 

DH : I’m just doing my job.

YJ : I didn’t know you wanted to be a lawyer. I thought you were supposed to work in your father’s company. When they were in college the older studied business and the model took art classes.

DH : I lost contact with my parents. He explained briefly.

YJ : No way. How ? They were so proud of you. They even accept me to make you happy. The news was hard to believe. 

DH : You have to know, things changed when you left. I was not the same man. Sight Daehyun. I'm not proud of what I’m going to tell you but we're here for that right? The truth.

YJ :I'm not going to judge you. Reassured the younger, a hand on his ex’s.

DH : The moment I realized you left for good and would never come back I fell into deep depression. At first it started with alcohol. I couldn’t stand being sober because that’s when I thought the most about you. Then when the effects were not enough, I tried drugs. And I’m not talking about cannabis. I needed to stop thinking. I used several things at the same times until the overdose. My group of friend changed, I dropped school, my family left me, ashamed of their only son. I wanted to die and I tried that too, suicide. The man took a break, remembering the hard memories. I don’t know how or why but Yongguk never gave up on me. He sent me to rehab and help me after. He saved me. 

At that point, Youngjae was silently crying. Was it his fault ? Did him leaving was the reason of that downfall ?

YJ : I-I’m sorry.

DH : I’m sorry. I’m the sorry one. I’m not the strong man you expected me to be. He felt guilty seeing the other in tears.

YJ : You deserve so much better Daehyun. Whispered the crying man.

DH : I know I’m not completely heal. I mean I don’t want to fall in love ever again but I want be the happy guy I used to be. And I know you’re the only one who can’t help me for that. I want us to be friends again. He said making the other cry even more. Youngjae left his seat to take the man he always loves in a loving hug.

YJ : Of course I’ll be you’re friend. I love you. He said, surprising both him and his ex.

DH : Thank you. Even though he wanted to say I love you more.

Maybe they weren’t meant to be lovers in the first place, but just friends. Or maybe this friendship will lead to something else, stronger than the first time. What's sure is that both their hearts were beating crazily at that moment