1/2

Five years after

HC : So
YJ : So ?
HC : I have a good news and an uncategorized one ? 
YJ : What the hell are you saying ?
HC : I don’t know if it’s a good one or a bad one.
YJ : You could have just say you have news. Anyway, tell me about it.
HC : The good news is that I found a good lawyer for your divorce.
YJ : Great. Who is it ?
HC : That’s when the uncategorized news appears. His name is Jung Daehyun. 
YJ : Jung Daehyun as in my ex ?
The other nodded.


You probably wonder how those two are here talking about divorce. Let’s begin with the beginning. Right.


Once upon a time, a model called Youngjae married a young gentleman called Junhong.  They met at a charity event or something like that. After, all happened too fast, they married each other not even a year into their relationship. After two years together, they realize they didn't know each other. They made a mistake too soon and too young, and both of them being rich, they needed good lawyers. 

Himchan is the model's manager. As soon as Youngjae asked him to find him a lawyer, he thought of Daehyun. He might be his protege’s ex, he was good at his job. And he was not hard to find, Daehyun was friend with Himchan’s husband, Yongguk. 

YJ : Are you sure it’s a good idea ? He won’t try to ruin me right ? What kind of man would defend his ex lover like deseve. A man who considered work as work. Simple. But honest men were hard to find nowadays.

HC : My dear you don’t know your ex very well. He is the one you should have marry. It was not the first time Himchan mentioned that. He wanted the two back together. When the younger contacted him, about a month after the separation, Himchan slapped him in the face. 

YJ : Himchan stop with that. Like I didn’t know already. He sight. When will I meet him ?


HC : Tomorrow after that photoshoot at the agency. At least he won’t have to go far, a good thing done.

YJ : It’s so weird, my ex boyfriend taking care of my divorce. It will be even more weird the day he’ll be with the two men in the same room. His future ex husband and his ex boyfriend. 

HC : It’s not that weird. He was your college sweetheart, It’s been what ? Four, five years ago. Four years and nine months exactly, but let’s say five.

YJ : Don’t you remember the… circumstances of our breakup. The memories were still painful for Youngjae. But he was the one who ended things. He is to blame. And he regretted it.

HC : Of course I do, but you’re grown up men now. The past is the past. Shrugged the older.

YJ : I’m curious of what he looks like now. Daehyun was handsome when he was in college. The model was into good looking and attractive men after all. Being a beauty, finding them was not hard. But Daehyun was nothing like all men he met. He was unique, the best boyfriend you could ask for.

HC : He didn't change much. Just a man version of the boy he was. More handsome too. Big guns arms and his thighs, I won’t say anything about it. The manager was honest and admitted openly how drooling of a man his friend (his husband's friends are his friends ) became. And he was not saying that out loud only to make his friend regret of what he did five years ago, but because it was true. The guy was the type who could make you melt with his smile.

YJ : Yah, you married man stop checking out other men. Himchan wanted to tease the other with the fact he sounded jealous but kept it for later.

HC : I don’t. You wanted to know how he looked.

YJ : A man like him is probably married with kids. Youngjae remembered his ex wanted a big family with lots of kids, he was already thinking about that in college.

HC : You’re all wrong dear. You’ll be surprise of what type of guy he became. He said without revealing too much.

YJ : You’re making me curious now. Can’t wait for tomorrow.  

 

YG : I can’t believe Himchan did that. Laughed Yongguk. He practically got on his knees for you to accept. The older of the two friends was literally laughing his off.

DH : Don’t tell me about it. It took me visits to the psychologist to get over the guy and now I have to work with him. Let’s not talk about the pills he still occasionally took for depression. The coming smell bad.

YG : The worst part is you’re not even over him. Mumbled the man.

DH : I do am over. He insisted, not totally convinced himself.

YG : Keep telling yourself that mister one night stand. Yeah it’s a bad habit he took after his last relationship. 

DH :That has nothing to do with him. Anyway that’s not the point. I don’t understand why Himchan asked me. I’m not specialize into divorce. I mean I’m qualified to that, but I’m more used to have criminals as clients. Divorces are too easy. And too sad. Seeing people split and helping them doing it was a sad thing. Reminded him of himself in a way.

YG : Well the positive side is that it will be fast since it’s that easy. Mocked Yongguk.

DH : I don’t feel really comfortable working with my ex. The way he ended things between us still got me… Mad ? Only the memories of that times made his fist turned a weird color from rage.

YG : Just see him like any other clients instead of an old friend. Alone in a office with that client. Awkward.

DH : Easier to say but I’ll try. I’m professional, I’ll just do my job and leave. He is not my friend anyway. I’ll treat him like my client like you said. Time taught me how to be distant. Time and past experience. 

YG : And cold

DH : Anyway. I need to be alone some times. See you tomorrow ? 

YG : Cold like I said. Mumbled the older as his friend were ready to leave.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Daehyun prepared everything. He had his documents. The divorce papers, the list of questions he likes to ask his clients and all.

Right now he was waiting in the model’s room. Of course he was impressed. His ex became a model. Sure he found him pretty and all, but knowing he was famous for his beauty was something crazy for Daehyun who, before Himchan came to him didn't know his ex was model. He dated a freaking model. Even if he was not when they were together, he still was proud of himself knowing he could attract the most beautiful people. If we forget how he was dumped.

HC : Sorry for the wait, the photoshoot took more time that planned. Make yourself comfortable, he should be over soon. Do you want anything to drink ? Himchan seemed collected but he was all giddy inside. His babes together after all this time. Yes he planned it.

DH : It’s okay I got everything I need. He showed his Starbucks cup and water bottle. He took one of his pills quickly before going back to what he was about to do. I’ll just check the documents. He said, nose already in the papers. 

HC : Okay, it shouldn’t take too… At the same moment the door open. Long.  He still ended his sentence. Daehyun nearly choked on his coffee. Youngjae was wearing a silk robe revealing his slender body. All Daehyun could think was don't get a hard on. He quickly got back to his compose self and took confident steps to his client.

DH : Hi Mr Yoo. I’ll be your lawyer for this case. If we could call that a case. He stretched out his big hand for a handshake. Even though he knew his ex was not the handshake type. 

YJ : I think we can cut the formalities Daehyun. The model said with a mocking smile. He noticed how uncomfortable his ex was despise his professionalism. Interesting. 

Daehyun ignored the model who didn't take his hand, then took his previous spot on the couch. Was it him or the room was suddenly hotter ? He took his suit jacket off and loosen a bit his tie. Don't sweat your shirt is white. He said to himself. 

DH : So… ugh… I have the documents you have to fill in order to ask for a divorce. Once done you’ll have to give it to your husband and back to me. Any questions ? The lawyer kept his tone professional. It was hard honestly for him to say your husband. 

YJ : Yeah, how are you ?

DH : I’m good sir. We'll have to talk about sharing your goods, if there are things in particular you want to keep you have to tell me. Maybe you can make a list and we'll talk about it our next meeting. He handed the young man the needed documents, careful not too touch his hands, not trusting his reaction. If you have any questions regarding the divorce please let me know. Also since you’re the one asking for divorce, I have to ask you some questions. Daehyun took more things from his suitcase.

YJ : Ask away, I don’t have questions. The model was sitting in his chair, legs crossed, facing his lawyer. That pose always been the lawyer's weakness back when they were together. They both knew that. Apparently it didn’t change. And the lack of clothes was not helping for Daehyun.

DH : Right. First I have to ask the reason of your wanting. He was proud of him for being that pro.

YJ : Hm… I would say incompatibility. We married too soon and realized it too late. It was just a matter of time before one of us would ask for a divorce. He replied honestly. The most curious thing for the lawyer, was that he doesn’t seem sad or affected by that. Was he even in love in the first part ? Was the husband just a toy for the model, like Daehyun himself felt he was one, dumped once he became useless for the pretty boy.

DH : Okay. Did or do one of you already cheated or along the line ? The lawyer felt like he was invading the personal life of his client. Despise the fact he did that with all his clients, with Youngjae it was weird. 

YJ : I don’t think so… I never cheated and I don’t think he did. He’s seeing someone right now but we were already over when he dated the other guy. When his husband told him he met someone he supported him. They were more friends than lovers.

DH : Well since you’re still married it's considering having a conjugal relationship for the law. I think it’s enough for now. Explained Daehyun. A part of him wanted his ex to suffered just like he did when he left him.

YJ : When do you want to see me ? Daehyun wanted to correct him by saying need instead of want but decided to drop the childish act and stay professional. 

DH : When documents will be read and sign by both parts. 

YJ : Well since the professional meeting is over maybe we can be normal now. 

DH : I think my time here is over. He once again ignored the other. Sir, see you soon. He turned to the manager. Himchan , got my number if there’s a problem. He talked more familiar with the manager. Daehyun took all his stuff and after a nod to his client and a quick hug to his best friend's husband, he left.

YJ : Well that was weird. Finally said the model.

HC : Looks like he is still bitter of the past. He expected a bit that kind of reaction from the lawyer. 

YJ : It’s worst than what I thought. He said sadly. He would never guess his ex to be still mad.

HC : Well maybe if you would have greet your ex lover with actual clothes that would have been better. Himchan threw clothing at his model.

YJ : Come on, there’s nothing he didn't see

HC : Did you try to seduce the guy you dumped after he profess his undying love for you ? Himchan faked shock.

YJ : I wasn’t seducing him. I just wanted to check if I still have effect on him. God he became even hotter than before. The man know how to wear a suit. Men in suits are everyone’s type. 

HC : Well don’t hurt him again. The first time he didn't took well the way you ended things. I won’t go into details, you’ll have to make him talk for that, but Yongguk saw how hard he fell and how hard it was to be back on his feet. The older said making his friend curious.

YJ : He talks to me like I’m a stranger. How do you expect me to make him talk ? 

HC : Can’t blame him for that. And I don't know. I’ll try to talk to him for you but you have to do the bigger part. In his head, he was already playing Cupid.

YJ : Yeah I know. I just want to apology for what I did and explain why I dd it.

 

 

DH : Thanks. Let the bottle. Daehyun said taking a big gulp of the strong alcohol he ordered. After that meeting, he suddenly crave for a drink. Or maybe he wanted to stop his thoughts for a moment. Why did he have to accept the case. Yongguk was right, he was not over his ex. Even after nearly five years. Please get outta my head. Why did he have to fall so deep in love ? When everything seemed to go perfectly, the way he wanted, the feelings he was keeping deep inside were coming back. Just win this and everything will go back to normal. Why did he have to wear that bathrobe. He pulled out his hair.

BARTENDER : Someone had a rough day. He commented.

DH : Complicated love story. 

BAR : I’m all ears. It was still too early so the place was empty, only two or three men.

DH : I don’t want to bother you with my problems. It’s just I have to work with my ex I didn’t see for five years. And the worst is I still have feelings for him. At least he admitted the last part.

BAR : Ouch, that looks bad already. 

DH : You don’t know the ironical part. I’m his lawyer for his divorce. 

BAR : That man. How did you break up the first time ? 

DH : I woke up with an empty bed the day after I said the three words. Since then, I never heard of him. I knew my friend's husband still had contact with him. But they didn’t want to tell me about him and hurt me more. He was thankful to his friend for that.

BAR : But don’t you want to know the reason ? I mean you have the possibility to ask him for answers now..

DH : I don’t know if I want to know. He wanted to know but he was a bit scared of the answer. 

BAR : Well I’m not in position to give you advice, but if he asks you to talk about it, just listen up. You have nothing to lose. The man was right, Daehyun knew it and needed to hear it.

DH : Yeah you’re right. He sight.

BAR : If you do, come back and tell me how things go.

DH : I didn’t know it would feel so right talking to strangers. Daehyun said relieved.

BAR : Well the name's Chanyeol so I’m not a stranger anymore

DH : Daehyun. They shook hands.

CY : Daehyun you look a lot like my husband. You’re like a manlier version of him. It was a pleasure to talk to you.

DH : The pleasure is all mine Chanyeol, thanks for listening to me, Bye.

CY : Bye.

---------------------------------------------------------

It has been a week already since the first meeting after five years. Daehyun hadn’t heard of his client since then. Not even from Himchan. Well it made things easier for him. And it gave him time to work on other cases. 

Today he has to go home early. The Bang couple invite him for dinner and Himchan insisted on casual clothes, not professional ‘It's a family dinner, not a business one’ Said the crazy man over the phone. It was warming to be referred as family for Daehyun. He lost contact with his parents when he fell into depressions and other things he wanted to forget about. The miss of family, someone who care for you, maybe that's the reason he woke up every morning with a new face on his bed. 
Back to why he had to go home early. He didn’t have casual clothes. Only suits. He did have sweatpants but come on, not that casual. So yeah, he had to buy couple of things for tonight  for once he decided to make an effort. 

Being in front of that kind of store was weird. Remind him of when he was younger, he used to dress like this.

DH : Hm. Excuse me, I have a… family gather tonight and excepted suits, I don’t wear anything else. Can you maybe… help me ? Can the man be more awkward ? 

SG (store guy) : You fell between good hands, follow me. If it was supposed to be reassuring, it was the opposite for Daehyun. 

DH : Okay but before, I want to prevent you. Not skinny or slim pants.  

SG : No worries. The guy dragged him along through the store. 

 

YG : I don’t think it’s a good idea. He’s my best friend, I feel like I’m betraying his trust. Yongguk was angry, how could his husband tell him just now of their surprise guest.

HC : Babe calm down I’ll tell him it was my idea.

YG : It's not about that. I shall tell him now before he comes. He is not ready yet. Of course he could see the signs and his friend was clearly not ready.

HC : And what makes you think he is not ? They met already, the worst is done.

YG : Maybe the fact he had the need to drink just after makes me think that. I'm just worry about him. I don’t want him to touch drugs and alcohol and be miserable like before. The thought only was unbearable. His friend was like… soulless.

HC : They’re more mature now. I think they can make better decisions and handle this situation.

YG : I still don’t trust your friend tho. He hurted my friend for his selfish self. Even after hearing many times his husband defending his model, Yongguk couldn’t think of this excuses as forgiving of what was done.

HC : I told you already…

YG : Yes you told me. He cutted. I would rather see my friend bringing strangers in his bed everynight, that him and your friend going back together. It was harsh but that’s how honest he was.

HC : You shouldn’t judge Youngjae like that. After he said that, they heard a knock on the door. You better behave tonight.
Yongguk ignored the last statement and went for the door while Himchan went back to the kitchen. 

YG : He is in the kitchen. He said barely greeting the man when he saw who it was.

YJ : Hm… I’ll go then. The younger awkwardly said. Once the man was out of his sight, he turned the head back to the open door to see his best friend with a panic expression. 

DH : It's not today right ? I mistaken the date. He said hopefully.

YG :Sorry man. I didn’t know about that until ten minutes ago. Daehyun sight.

DH : It’s okay, at first I thought you trapped me. The most important thing is that Yonnguk didn’t trap him in a surprised gathering.

YG : Are you going to be alright ? Oh and what the hell are you wearing ? The older noticed the change of his friend's usual strict choice of clothes. He was wearing a white tight shirt embracing his tone body with a leather jacket like in his bad boy period. And normal jeans. Simple but the guy knew how to wear it.

DH : What it’s not good ? It’s weirds right. Daehyun was checking his clothes again.

YG : Nah you look great. Bed hair suits you. Complimented the old friend.

DH : Thanks. 

HC : Is that voices I hear. They heard Himchan as he made his way to the corridor followed by Youngjae. Oh my god Daehyun you look good. Don’t stay at the doorstep. 

DH : Hm thanks. I brought champagne. He said embarrassed, feeling all eyes on him. Especially a pair of eyes undressing him with it deep stare. Nah, he was probably seeing things, his ex was not checking him out.

HC : Oh good we definitely needed that. He said giving his young friend a greeting hug, taking the bottle in the process. 

DH :Hm hi ! It was weird greeting your ex but handshake seemed more appropriate than nothing. Oh yeah, the model was not a handshake type of guy.

HC : You’re exs you can just hug. 

YG : Come on bro I have to show you something. He dragged his friend in his private room. Yeah he called it that. This is his relax room.

DH : Thanks man. Sight Daehyun once away from the witch. Witchan.

YG :Hey let’s stay here until we’re called to eat. We'll watch some football or something. I’m sorry about Himchan by the way. He felt bad for his friend.

DH : I think it was expected from him. Let’s just hope he won’t do anything else later. He said taking beers from the mini fridge.

YG : Well I think we should pray for that. Jokes the married man. They both knew it was the beginning only. 

HC : No, no no. We’re supposed to spend the night all together. The voice came from nowhere.

YG : Babe we just want to watch a good game between bud. He tried.

HC : Since we are all buds, we're all going to watch. No I have a better idea, no television. He turn off the big screen ushering the men out of the room. It was bonding time, tv didn't bond when you don’t have same interest. Dinner is almost ready, you two can set the table while my dear husband help me in the kitchen. He said to the former couple.

YJ :Okay. With the help of his ex, he set the table like they did in their dorms. It was so domestic and quite pleasant. The silence was comforting. They were both in their thoughts, not knowing they were sharing the same. 

DH : How is the divorce going ? He hesitantly asked. He hated to talk about work out of work.

YJ : Everything’s doing great. I just read and signed the papers. I’m a bit busy with work tho. He explained. Daehyun nodded in answer. He took off his jacket and sat on the nearest chair, he so wanted to take the tight shirt off. He distracted himself, texting to one of the girls he would probably see after the dinner in his bed. The girls were not models but they were hot enough and satisfying in the kitchen and in bed. And when I say in the kitchen I’m referring to cooking not something else you erts. 

HC : Dinner’s ready. The couple came with the food. Daehyun locked his phone a smile on his face. For tonight it’s settle.

YG : Who were you texting to ? Smirked the older, a knowing smile on. He sat next to Daehyun with his lover at his opposite and so the ex’s face to face. Daehyun showed his friends the pictures and the texts. She’s hot. That was a girl he had hit on when he left his workplace that day.

HC : What, a girlfriend you’re hiding Daehyun ? Teased the mama of the house.

YG :His girl for tonight. Answered the older giving his friend his beer he forgot in the relax room. He could see in his visual field the model making a weird face. Yeah he didn't know about his ex's type of life.

DH : I don’t do the whole dating thing. Explained Daehyun.

HC : Why that ? He asked knowing the answer from his husband already.

DH : It’s not for me. Don’t want to waste my time in loveless relationships. Again he wanted to add but he already said enough.

YG : It’s better that way. What about you Youngjae, why are divorcing ? Could have just dumped the man. He wanted to add but stayed polite.

YJ : We shouldn’t have marry that soon. I think I was just trying to fill the void in me. The void he created himself.

YG : Fill the void huh ?  He gritted his teeth.

HC : First love is hard to forget and you two have differents way to… cope with it. Remarked Himchan.

DH : I don’t want to talk about this can we drop this. The food is good by the way. 

HC : Let’s talk about your new clothes. He smirked.

DH : Don't think I’m going to dress like that everyday, I feel like my shirt is going to rip. He said making everybody laugh.

HC : Don’t be afraid to show all that muscles. If my hot husband wouldn’t be here, I would be drooling already. He said making his husband glare at him and the model choked with his food.

DH : Huh thanks you ? He suddenly felt like hiding his body from his erted friend.

HC : How does it feel to see your first love after all this time guys ? He tried again with this topic.

YJ : I'm proud I dated a future lawyer. You really became a good person. I’m glad our…. Breakup didn’t affect you that much. He said making Daehyun and Yongguk grimaced. The boy didn’t know what the lawyer had been through.

HC :What about you ? He then turn to Daehyun.

DH : Nothing. The past is the past, I made the big mistake of falling in love and I learn from that. Now I know what I have to do and my role as lawyer is to keep my relationship with my clients professional. He made everything clear. Even his tone was emotionless. It made his ex sad to hear that. Their story was not a mistake, the separation was.

YJ : You don’t want a family and a big house like before. Asked shocked Youngjae. This guy was not the man he fell in love with. He was distant and cold. 

DH : Seems like my plans has change. Just like yours. 

HC : So you would rather pay than trying again ? There are a lot of girls and guys waiting for you, you shouldn’t think that way. 

DH : I don’t pay . I seduce women, make them cook for me sometimes, sleep with them and throw them the morning. See I don’t spend a penny, I might have been dump, I know how to flirt. And he was very proud of his charm.

HC : You make the women cook for you ? Don’t you have a chef of something ? Laughed Himchan.

DH : Well yeah I do have a chef but the weekends the old man is off. And the feeling of someone cooking for you without being paid for, made the food taste better.

HC : Why don’t you cook yourself. You’re not that bad ?

YJ : Not that bad ? What did I miss, you can cook ? It was more than a shock for Youngjae. When they were together, Daehyun couldn’t even cut a carrot without hurting himself. A miracle they never find a finger in their salad. The night was full of surprises.

DH : So much faith in me thank you dear ex. I did learned how to cook. He said playfully.

YJ : It’s not my fault you managed to burn pasta. They laughed from the memory.

DH : I didn't know I had to put water at that time. Now I can cook pretty much anything. He said proudly.

HC : Were you really that stupid ?

YG : Stupid in love I would say. At least you were happy. Shrugged the older.

DH : I am happy. He defended himself.

HC :It bothers me to say that since he’s here, but you’re not over your ex. Himchan pointed Youngjae’s direction, this one immediately widen his eyes. No way the strong and cold lawyer had other feelings than hate for him.

DH :What the hell are you saying ? He laughed it off. How to hide your uneasiness by Daehyun. If we’re going to talk about that day or what happened after I would rather leave right now. He was not ready. It was too soon.

YG : Who’s up for some desserts ?  

After what Himchan said the former couple didn’t talk to each other. Youngjae had tons of questions to ask his friend and Daehyun wanted to kill the diva manager. 
For Himchan, the two other needed to talk but tonight was not the good night. Daehyun wouldn’t really leave right !? Should he try and start the conversation ? No, he needed to get them together in a room.