Final

Treat You Better

"Who is it?" Chaeyoung angrily says to herself.

 

She was about to rest and sleep after a long tiring and stressful day at school but her doorbell suddenly rang.

 

"Seriously? Who is it? At this hour?" She says again after looking at her clock. It's already past 11 pm. She covers herself with her blanket, trying to fall asleep and hoping, whoever that person would just go away and stop bugging her.   

 

But it didn't, the doorbell just keep on ringing.

 

"Coming!" Chaeyoung shouted, looks like she doesn't have a choice. She stands up and walks angrily towards the door.

 

"What do you wa--" Chaeyoung's sentence was cut off when a taller girl suddenly hug her.

 

"Ch-chaeyoung" Mina cries on her shoulder.

 

Chaeyoung was confused. She doesn't know what was happening. Her best friend, Mina, who was busy with her own life. Her best friend who doesn't even show up to her at school, her best friend who doesn't even text back, suddenly shows up to her door, crying.

 

"What happened?" Chaeyoung asked, rubbing Mina's back, trying to calm her.

 

"M-Mark" Mina softly said.

 

Just at the mention of that boy's name, Chaeyoung was already furious but she's trying her best to maintain her cool.

 

"What about him again?" Chaeyoung said through her gritted teeth, while guiding Mina to sit on her sofa.

 

"I-i saw him k-kissing another girl and because o-of that we had a f-fight." Mina was trying her best to explain to Chaeyoung, even though she's out of breathe and Chaeyoung didn't failed to notice that.

 

Chaeyoung stands up and walk to her bridge grabbing water. She stares at the glass and sighs.

 

That jerk.

 

"Here, drink first." Chaeyoung said, handing the glass of water to Mina, and she gladly accepted.

 

Chaeyoung gritted her teeth, seeing Mina at this state was her last wish, seeing her crying over that man was hurting Chaeyoung so much.

 

"D-do you think we can f-fix this?" Mina hopefully ask Chaeyoung.

 

She clenched her fist.

 

"He cheated on you. You saw him kissing another girl. I think--" Chaeyoung gulps.

 

"--you should break up with him."

 

"No!" Mina suddenly shouted and stands up marching angrily towards the porch.

 

"You know I can't do that Chaeyoung. He's the only one that I have. I-I can't b-break up with him. I can't l-lose him." She continued.

 

You have me. Chaeyoung wanted to say but she didn't.

 

She walks up to Mina, following her through the porch. "Do you think he still loves you?" Chaeyoung asked. She immediately regretted asking that when she saw the pain expression on Mina's face.

 

"I do." Mina quietly answered.

 

Chaeyoung stared at Mina. The moonlight illuminating her face was perfect, making her more beautiful to Chaeyoung's eyes.

 

"But you're always hurting and love shouldn't be that way."  Chaeyoung answered, trying her best to look away at Mina's face but failed.

 

Mina didn't answered, she bit her lip and look at the moon, trying to stop her tears while Chaeyoung was hurting so much inside.

 

"You can both.... fix this." Chaeyoung answered even though it's against her will. She knows Mina wanted to hear that. She knows that words will make Mina happy, so she said it.

 

Mina showed her gummy smile to Chaeyoung and nods.

 

Chaeyoung stares at Mina, her best friend, her first crush and her first love.

 

She looks at her glittering eyes, shinning because of the moon's light. Her perfect pointed nose and to her plump little red lips.

 

She's too beautiful.

 

Chaeyoung wanted to say how much she love her. How much she's willing to do anything just for her. How much she's hurting when she's crying. How much she wanted to hug and kiss her. How much she want to treat her better. Chaeyoung wanted to say how much she feels for Mina, but she didn't, she just kept shut.

 

Because Mina was her best friend and best friends want the best for each other.