gotta get your way

you're such a motivator

heeeeeeey i'm back with chapter 2 finally after for like wut abt 2 weeks and a half? i was kinda rushed on this so the ending might not be good since i didn't want u guys to wait any longer 

have u guys seen the beautiful cover art yet? it's made by @vappyart! thank you for the pretty cover!! the @ is linked to her twitter so everyone please go support her!

 


 

on the scale from one to ten, the chances of hwang eunbi finding a date and finally evolve from single to mingle is only two.

it’s embarrassing to admit, but yes, hwang eunbi is a at dating.

she had lived her whole nineteen years of life but still never had a boyfriend or girlfriend.

it honestly, especially when your relatives would always ask those “why don’t you have a boyfriend yet?” questions.

eunbi got it, they just want her to marry off faster, has kids, then she can just rest at home and not worry about a thing.

but the thing is, she dislikes children (because they are too noisy) and she’s scared at the thought of labor pain.

you ever heard of those pregnant women scream bloody murder when they gave birth in the drama on the tv? it always send shiver down her spine when she tries to imagine how the agony would feel like.

(she knows they exaggerated it a little over the board, but the young eunbi had asked her mom if it was painful and she said yes.

a bloody yes.

that was when she harbored a minor tokophobic  or for long, the fear of pregnancy and childbirth.)

thinking back, it was probably dumb of a younger version of her to think that pregnancy isn’t painful when you’re having a small human being coming out from you.

but hwang eunbi would never date, at least not right now.

she had more important businesses to focus on.

******

yewon collapsed onto the cashier counter once again in her workplace. her colleague could only sigh at the view.

“seriously, are you giving yourself a rest? i highly doubt that you are,” yerin scolded as she saw that yewon’s eye bags still hasn’t had its hint to fade away yet.

“i went out with my friend yesterday, was pretty wild, got home late,” yewon muttered as her face palmed the wooden material.

it was true, the underground dance centre was chaotic. the music, the choreography, the crowd, the stage, the atmosphere were all mind-blowing. yewon only managed to get back home by one a.m. during the night.

not to mention that the love of her life surprisingly presented as one of the dancers there.

“huh. whatever you guys did, i hope you’re not doing drugs,” the other joked.

“of course unnie, i’m not stupid enough to touch them,” the younger rolled her eyes so hard that she thought they’re gonna be stuck behind her brain.

“yerin-ah!”

“oops, sojung-unnie is calling me again, be right back!” upon hearing the call of her name, yerin swiftly skipped her way towards the staff room.

yewon, at this point, couldn’t help but think if her boss and yerin had something together. sojung approximately – yewon didn’t count, it’s just a rough guess – called yerin at least five times every day at work if she could recall and if the both of them are really dating, she wouldn’t even be surprised anymore.

because last time she stumbled upon them kissing.

not quite literally, but yewon heard the sloppy sound from the door and it was definitely a kiss.

a deep french kiss.

and not only that, but oh god, someone really released a moan during the kiss and it was loud like they weren’t in public.

after hearing all of that, yewon wasn’t quite sure if she could look at sojung and yerin the same anymore. she fairly didn’t think that the two of them would end up together, especially when they were the opposite of each other. sojung is much more quiet and mature, on the other hand, yerin is more playful and childish.

but as they said, “opposites attract” like how magnet works.

yewon probably shouldn’t be asking why, never in her life have she had a boyfriend or a girlfriend yet, she was in no place to question.

but if she could have a date right now, of course it’d be a certain someone.

“hello?”

“oh!” yewon escaped her little world of rambling and hoisted her head up speedily. “yes! hel-“

the pianist was rendered speechless when she saw the customer.

there she was, hwang eunbi, basking in a pool of sunlight and glowing marvelously.

yewon was now having a momentary déjà vu.

has this ever happened before?

“um…” eunbi took a small glance at the worker’s name tag. “yewon-ssi, is it?”

“y-yes! may i take your order?”

“i’ll have a cup of iced americano and cappuccino, and-“

“a piece of raspberry cheesecake and chocolate tuxedo,” unknowingly, yewon  blabbed out mindlessly.

after realizing what had escaped from , yewon quickly covered in embarrassment and blushed, but eunbi only seemed to be a little surprised as her short silence was replaced by a low chuckle.

oh god, she might look fine but who knows if she already found you creepy deep inside her mind. great job, kim yewon!

“you got the order right, but today i’d like to try something new,” she smiled.

the other could only feel the pale pink colored patches on her cheeks deepen as she regretted her life choices, if only she can dig up a hole and bury herself in it, never to be seen again.

“o-okay, what would you like today?”

“i’ll have savory cheese paprika and fish croissant.”

“r-right…” yewon pressed down a few buttons on the cash register, the machine made a few noises before it quieted down. “that would be thirty dollars.”

as anyone would do, eunbi pulled out a twenty dollars note and a ten dollars note from her purse and lightly slapped it against the piece of wooden plank.

“alright, miss eunbi, please sit down and wait…”

yewon trailed off as she registered her second mistake.

oh no, she didn’t just blurted out her name like they know each other, strangers don’t usually remember each other’s’ names just by hearing it once, do they?

she realized that she just ed everything up and the chance of her being with eunbi is now zero. she had just dug her own grave.

before yewon could apologize, the other cut her off.

“so… can i ask you a question?”

“yes… sure.”

“yewon-ssi, are you the one from yesterday? the one wearing green tank top and a blue short?”

“w-what?”

oh , she remembered me.

(cue flashback to last night, yewon stared at the dance performance so intensively, eunbi felt a pair of eyes being burned into her back. she turned around to see the starbuck worker from the afternoon and she honestly felt surprise.

as soon their eyes met, yewon turned her eyes away and her cheeks reddened in respond. seeing the reaction, eunbi only let out a deep silent giggle that was suppressed in .)

“w-well, y-yes!” yewon couldn’t believe she was stuttering when the other girl was just standing there, asking questions.

“ah, so it’s really you, i was wondering where have i seen you before, quite surprising when i found you, you look like someone who isn’t interested in underground dancing.”

“you can’t blame me, my friend was the one who dragged me without letting me know where we were going,” she slightly pouted.

eunbi let out a series of deep chuckles and yewon found it y at the way her voice rumbled. “i’m glad your friend dragged you then.”

wait.

what?

“what do you-“

seeing as customers were coming in, eunbi abruptly shoved something what seemed like a piece of paper into yewon’s hands, successfully cutting off the pianist’s speech, and gave her a wink.

“i’ll be waiting for my call, yewon-ssi.”

just like that, eunbi walked to her shared table with the same friend from yesterday.

but yewon continued to stood behind the counter, dumbfounded from what had happened. she slowly unfolded the piece of paper and what was seen was a bunch of numbers.

no doubt, this is hwang eunbi’s phone number if she wasn’t wrong.

“excuse me? i’m trying to order here,” an impatient customer called out, his hands folded together, a tiny scowl painted on his face.

“ah! sorry, what would you like to order?” rapidly struggling to fold the paper back to its original shape, yewon rammed the small note hard and fast into the pocket of her apron.

now wasn’t the time to worry about it.

******

yewon shuffled heavily through the front door of her house after a long day of work. she let herself fell to the floor on her knees and used her hands to support her up.

“well who would have guessed being a cashier is tiring even though you’re just standing there and press some random buttons on a machine,” yewon mumbled to herself, a sigh escaped from in the meanwhile.

it was a habit for her to express her thought aloud, even if it wasn’t planned to leave her gabby mouth.

yewon heaved herself up from the floor and took a leisure walk to her room, preparing to have a shower to clean herself up. she slithered her hand into the right pocket of her blue denim jeans’ and pulled out her purse, a piece of small paper fell out at the same time.

“oh right the phone number!” the girl bent down to pick up the paper. “i should probably message her, can’t get a person to wait too long.”

sneaking into the left pocket, this time yewon tugged out her phone and hastily inserted the digits, saving it into her contact list. she giggled like a high school girl at the adorable nickname she set for the other girl.

well, shower can wait first.

you

hey…

this is yewon from starbuck

is this hwang eunbi?

seen 20:34

ttinb <3

yes!

 i’ve been waiting for ur message since afternoon

seen 20:34

you

sorry, just got off work

seen 20:34

ttinb <3

oh i see

it’s fine now that u’re here

just a simple question

u know my surname is hwang, but what’s urs?

seen 20:35

you

mine’s the most common surname

in the whole south korea

seen 20:35

ttinb <3

lemme guess…

kim?

seen 20:35

you

yup!

well u didn’t have to guess

every sk citizens know kim is the most common

seen 20:35

ttinb <3

hehe that doesn’t make u any less special

seen 20:35

you

???

seen 20:36

ttinb <3

nothing

anyway!!

Im genuinely curious about something

seen 20:36

you

wat is it?

seen 20:36

ttinb <3

how old are u?

which college are u in if u’re in one?

what’s ur hobby?

what do u do mostly in ur free time?

seen 20:36

you

oh woah there chill girl

slow down haha

i’m 19 years old, currently studying in source music college

my hobby includes reading and i play piano too (:

seen 20:37

ttinb <3

oh we’re the same age and go to the same college!! (:

why did i never see u b4 then?

and piano!!

i’ve always wanted to play piano

but my friend says that piano doesn’t suit me TT

i’m too boyish for that

i’m sure you know how boyish i look too

you saw me dancing after all

seen 20:37

you

well if you want, i could give out free piano lesson

seen 20:38

ttinb <3

rlly?

i’d love that!!

seen 20:38

you

haha yeah

u sound like u rlly wanna learn piano

seen 20:38

ttinb <3

always wanted to since childhood lmao

let’s discuss the time for the lesson (;

seen 20:39

eunbi witnessed as the system flashed ‘yewonnie is typing…’ on the screen before it flickered to ‘last online since 20:39’.

“o-oh what… she went offline,” a pout settled itself onto eunbi’s feature; the girl hugged a pillow and began to look sulky. “am i going too fast? she looks like she can handle the big step well though…”

“no wait, what am i saying? i was only trying to be friendly!” she spouted out and decided to be patient instead. there must be a reason for the action of the other.

yeah hwang eunbi, give her a break. she’s probably busy unlike you!

******

yewon beamed at the message, surely she has time for the girlie (plus she can get closer with the dancer at this rate, most likely).

as her thumbs found themselves the way to the keyboard on instinct and hovered in the air for a bit as the pianist pondered what to type, the phone flared a sudden gleam and shortly after that, a black screen rested itself on the screen display.

yewon was left stunned at whatever just occurred to her phone, she pressed the home button in a flash, yet the device didn’t acknowledge the press.

and it suddenly dawned onto her.

she didn’t charge her phone.

“!” she cursed and speedily ran to her dresser, where a charger was sitting innocently on the wooden board. with a few failed attempts to get the cable in, yewon finally the power switch and endeavored herself to revive her phone.

until then, she hoped eunbi was still online.

 


 

anyway u guys might be curious abt their ages so here it is:
sowon: 25
yerin: 23
eunha: 20
yuju: 20
sinB: 19
umji: 19 

also do u guys just ever wondered whose these ppl that named phobias i get it u have a reason to name it but tokophobia... it's so weird for the fear of pregnancy

that's all! hopefully i can get chapter 3 out before christmas happens!! cya next chapter