The Time We Loved by Kyuhyun

Lucky Ones

 

 

REQUESTER NAME:  kyuwoon_cho or @yookii_k
PROFILE LINK: https://www.asianfanfics.com/profile/view/959655
Genre: Romance, Fluff:
Plot: Based on Kyuhyun's song The Time We Loved (우리가 사랑한 시간)

 

 

There’s no way I love you
No, I just didn’t know

A dazzling person like you
You were always by my side

It was always warm
With just you alone

I was able to laugh
Even on hard days
Because you were always there

Not even my own heart knows my heart
Because you were always by my side
I don’t know since when, I don’t know how we started
You and I, without anyone knowing

I always denied it
My foolish heart

To the point where I didn’t even know
That my heart was pounding
We were so comfortable

Now I finally see you
Sorry for making you wait so long
The endless days we were together
The memories that are built up
It is love
I realized that it is love

I’m trying to stand in front of you
We’re different from yesterday
It’s awkward but will you hold my hand?

I always loved you
All the times that passed
Whenever I look back
You followed me
It was the time we were in love


 

As I sit before you now, I think back to it all; all the times we’ve spent together, laughing, crying, mourning, smiling…...everything.

You tilt your head a little to the side, curiously, wondering what could possibly be racing through my mind at the moment to make me so silent.

I smile softly in reassurance, and your smile reflects mine.

The butterflies in my stomach never stops. The beating of my heart never stops. The bright smile on your face never stops. The love I have for you never stops.  

It took me awhile to realize that there was such warmth and comfort in my life only because you were in it.

All those times my heart ached, all those times my anxious mind kept reminding me something was amiss, all those times I felt so cold….it was because you weren’t there by my side.

I loved you this whole time, it just took me awhile to realize it.

I remember the times you made my heart stop, memories of you loving me like no other.
I remember the feeling of being shy, happy, awed, and having nothing but fondness towards you.

I denied it for awhile, my foolish heart.
I denied the feelings, brushing it off as simply fondness towards our close relationship.

I denied it to the point where I didn’t even know, that my heart was pounding in my chest whenever I was with you.

The first time those feelings heightened, was when we were on a high school camping trip with several of our mutual friends.

I lost a game, unfortunately, despite me claiming to be the best at games amongst everyone.

So as punishment, I was the one who was going to be sacrificed to the large but inviting lake to test the water’s temperature.

Kangin and Siwon had yanked the T-shirt off from over my head quickly, leaving me in only my swim-shorts, before picking me up with ease despite my loud complaints and desperate struggles.

It was mid-spring; everything was blooming beautifully out where we camped, the sun was shining brightly up in the cloudless sky, but the temperatures haven’t quite warmed up yet, meaning the water was probably still quite cold.

You didn’t try to save me.
Instead, you just sent me your signature blinding smile with two thumbs up.
Good luck, KyuKyu!” you shouted.

And at that moment, seeing your smile caused my mind to short-circuit. My struggling eased up as I smiled stupidly back at you, Kangin and Siwon seizing my dazed moment to toss me off the narrow boardwalk and into the cold waters.

You laughed with them as I surfaced, spluttering and gasping from the shock of the cold.
But your laugh wasn’t mocking or teasing, it was light-hearted, full of glee and amusement.

I found myself laughing as well because seeing you happy, made me feel happy as well for some reason. I forgot all about my evil plan to take revenge against Siwon and Kangin as I swam back, ignoring the way my teeth chattered uncontrollably and the rising goosebumps on my skin from the chill.

You had a towel ready for me by the time I had hauled myself back up onto dry land, Donghae and Eunhyuk excitedly jumping into the waters after witnessing that I hadn’t died from the cold.

You alright?” you asked as I made my way to you, shivering like mad.
I should have stayed in the waters so that my body could adjust to the cold, but I had the urge to stay by you instead. I wanted to be with you.

I managed a very stiff nod as you stepped towards me, meeting me halfway before wrapping the towel around my soaked and shivering frame.

Your arms were so warm at that moment, warm and inviting.

You were trying to help wipe me dry, considering I was too frozen to move on my own, but I leaned forward and pressed closer to you instead, trying to snuggle into you for more warmth despite our height difference.

You laugh again, soft and sweet in my ear as you wrapped your arms around me, holding me warmly in your embrace and ignoring the fact that I was getting you wet as well.

I had buried my face against your shoulder, greedy for more of your warmth, and you smelled amazing, you always do.

I still remember how ecstatic I felt that day.
I was with my friends, my closest friends, just us in the wild and away from the bustling city, away from demanding parents and stressful schoolwork.

And above it all, you were with me, holding me.
In that moment, after five years of knowing you and nothing to distract my mind, I realized that I had feelings for you—feelings that have always been there, just never acknowledged until now.

We’re in a cafe right now, trying to avoid the bitter cold of winter and stay warm in the small coffee shop.

It’s been a few weeks since I’ve last seen you. University has been too time-consuming for us both, as well as our part-time jobs; we don’t have time to catch up anymore.

But sitting here with you now, made it all alright again.

You’re watching me curiously still, because I’m never so quiet.
Maybe I was concerning you. You always have been quite the worrier.

You say my name quietly, just to get my attention.

I look up, meeting your warm eyes, melting into them once more.

I love you,
I didn’t know what else to say.
But that was my confession, my confession after ten years.

You were a little taken aback by my sudden confession.
Those weren’t the words you were expecting to leave my lips after not seeing each other for about a month.
Maybe a ‘How are you?’ would’ve been a good start, or maybe even a ‘I’ve missed you.’

Instead, I stupidly chose ‘I love you,”

You stare at me for a moment with those beautiful golden eyes, those eyes that never seem to fail to read me like an open book.

I know,” you reply simply after the initial shock.

I was confused.
Maybe you heard me wrong, maybe you didn’t understand exactly what I meant.

I love you, Yesung,” I repeat, reaching across the table to gently rest my hand atop yours as I held my breath in anticipation.

You smile softly, turning your hand around in mine so that we were holding hands now.
I know,” you repeat. “I’ve known for awhile.”

It was my turn to be shocked.

It wasn’t like I was obvious about my feelings.
Alright, maybe just a little.
A lot.
It was very obvious, nevermind.

I’ve just been waiting for you to pick up the courage,” you shrug, a teasing smile dancing across your lips.

There was a glint in your eyes, a glint of happy anticipation, curious as to what our future together may have in store for us.

It was relieving to finally say those three words to you, to finally confess and relieve myself of that nerve racking pressure.

Sorry for making you wait so long,” I murmur, slowly lacing my fingers through yours, holding your small hand in my own.

You simply shrug again.
You knew that I loved you.You knew that I would always stay by you no matter what.
You knew that eventually I would find the courage to admit my feelings.
You weren’t worried about it, because we have forever together no matter what.  

I love you too, Cho Kyuhyun,

 

 


A/N: Heyyyyyyy! I know I've been a little quiet for a few weeks now, sorry! It's dead week, and finals is next week, so I've been getting tests and study-guides that have been taking up most of my time T-T But here's a short one-shot for my Luckies! 🍀 I do want to apologize however for my rusty one-shots. It's been a while since I've last written a good one haha
Thank you kyuwoon-cho for leaving a prompt! I hope this did not disappoint and was to your satisfaction :D

I feel really bad for saying this, but Tainted will be put on hold for a short while. When I say short, I mean like short. I'm about halfway done with the next chapter for it, but my schedule right now is just not allowing me enough time to work on an actual story. One-shots/two-shot stories fit my schedule better as of right now without me stopping writing all togetehr for a month or two. I hope everyone will understand! I will return to Tainted when Winter Break starts (in about two weeks). 

Thanks for reading and subscribing everyone! Comments are still greatly appreciated, as well as leaving a prompt would be absolutely amazing!