Orange by 7!!

Lucky Ones

 

Song: Orange by 7!!
Author: LalaLucky
Pairings: Kyusung/YeKyu
Genre: AU, angst, romance
Dedicated to: kyuwoon_cho
A/N: Sorry, it came out to be an angst even though the song was supposed to be a hopeful one. My bad...But you all know how much I love angst <3

 

 

Walking with our small shoulders side by side
Laughing at every little thing and we were seeing the same dream
If I listen closely I can hear it even now
Your voice In this orange-coloured town

Looking back and counting the days, I realized we’ve been friends for twelve years now. Everything we did, we did together—an inseparable pair. Everyone that has met us is awed by our relationship, amazed by how long we’ve been friends.

But I’ve always seen you as more than just a friend.

You’ve always told me, that when you grow older, you wanted a comfortable life —a life that you knew you can be happy and content with, in the arms of someone you love dearly. And I’d just listen, listen to the way you described your hopeful future. On some occasions, I would even imagine and picture myself with you.

But mostly, I just wanted to stay in that moment, that moment of being with you.

Sometimes when my mind is drifting, I think I can still hear your voice, saying my name softly: “Kyuhyun-ah….”

If you are not there it is really boring
Though I think I’ll be laughed at if I said I was lonely
The things you left behind I check them again and again
They are still shining brightly without anything disappearing

Growing up, I had no friends. I lacked the social ability to bond well with others, so I was always alone. But when you came along, everything changed. You came up to me as I sat defeated in the grass, alone, and you offered your companionship to me.

So when you’re gone and not with me, the lonely darkness engulfs me once again.
Others have teased me, saying that I was incompetent and incapable without you.
It’s very disheartening, but also true.
So when you’re not there, I hide; I hide and go through the many things you've gifted me or left behind, wanting the memory of you to stay vivid in my mind. 

I remember your smile
Your smile which is like the sky after the rain; your smile which makes my heart feel refreshed
I remember it and smile
I’m sure we will remain as we were on that day; as innocent children
And go through these changing seasons looking forward to our own tomorrows

Your smile is what I fell in love with.
It is bright, loving, and so warm….just like the sun.
Your smile was what saved me, and when you say my name, so soft and tender, you pull me out of this lonely darkness.

And I wish I could turn back time, back to our oblivious days in the sun, lying in the soft green grass besides each other, just talking for hours on end about our futures and what it will be.

If I’m alone I become uneasy
And on nights I couldn’t sleep we continued to talk
What will you look forward to and move forward from now on?
What will I look forward to here to move forward?

You have always looked after me. You’ve always made sure I was fine.
But I was always fine when you were around, because we would talk, from dusk to dawn about anything we could think of.

But now that we’ve reach this point in life, I no longer see our futures.
I don’t see the future you’ve always dreamed of, the love of your life with you by your side.
And I no longer see you here, beside me in my lonely days.

To the disappearing sunset and the town being painted orange
I’m entrusting my tears to it gently
In between so many thousands of points of light this one love was born
Whether you stay unchanged or even if you change
You are always you there is no need to worry

In this last moment with you, you hold my hand tightly in yours.
I find myself crying as the last rays of sunlight fall behind the horizon, and I realize that it’s time to say goodbye.

I wanted to say more, so much more.
I want you with me, I wanted to beg and cry for you to remain, even if it’s just for a minute longer. I wanted to tell you that I have always loved you, and always forever will.

But I find myself biting my tongue, holding back those words that desperately swelled in the back of my throat as I cried before you, because the words would have been pointless.

You couldn’t stay, and I couldn’t be selfish.

I knew this day would come; the day that you would finally leave me.

We’re too old now to be holding onto childish dreams and juvenile reverie.
We had to let go of it all, we have to start anew.
Everything that we have built up until now, has begun to deteriorate.

The dreams you’ve always told me about with a smile on your face, was crashing down around you as you finally let go of my trembling hands. But yet you still hold a strong facade as you finally reach up to hold my face gently in your hands.

“I’m sorry,” you say softly, before leaning in and pressing your lips lightly against mine.
And those three words that I’ve always yearned for and that you’ve always suppressed, finally leave your quivering lips: “I love you,”

It was your last goodbye.

Someday, the two of us will become adults and meet an amazing person
And if we are able to meet here again along with our irreplaceable families, it would be enough
I remember your smile
Your smile which is like the sky after the rain; your smile which makes my heart feel refreshed
I remember it and smile

In between so many thousands of points of light this one love was born
We go through these changing seasons looking forward to our own tomorrows
Choosing our own dreams

 

 

 


A/N²: Heyoooo here's a short one to kinda get it all started :D Sorry if it's a little lacking, I'm really rusty with prompted fics. 
Not every chapter will have the lyrics posted in it. Most of the time I'll just read the lyrics and write a story based on the mood and feeling of the lyrics, and I won't actually follow the lyrics word by word. 
Hope everyone will enjoy this story! Please encourage more people to keep the Kyusung tag active~

(Subscribing and leaving comments are greatly appreciated^^)