final

"The Best Baby Bump of 2017"

Minseok sighs as he shuts off the television, making his way into the kitchen. He knows he should know better when it comes to trashy tabloids and entertainment news…he runs a hand through his hair, ruffling it thoroughly as he opens the refrigerator door and peers inside.

He sighs again when he realizes he’s all out of milk. And cereal. And eggs. And basically anything deemed edible.

He’s been putting off grocery shopping for about a week—ever since Lu Han left to work on a project overseas, leaving his eight month pregnant fiancé behind to fend for himself. Minseok really doesn’t want to have food delivered home again. All that fast food can’t be good for the growing fetus.

So he ventures off to wear appropriate clothing—and by appropriate, he means donning baggy sweatpants with an extra baggy sweatshirt to match—Nike, of course. He then flips the hood over his head, pulling at the drawstrings to scrunch it up before tying it securely around his chubby cheeks. Minseok can’t wait until he can start working off the baby weight as soon as he leaves the hospital.

He goes by the kitchen counter, plucking his keys off the hook and grabbing his oversized sunglasses before throwing on some old Nike shoes and heading out the door.

He manages to barely squeeze behind the steering wheel of his car, and soon he’s heading off to the nearest market to load up on another week’s amount of groceries—just long enough to last him until Lu Han finally comes back.

***

Minseok steers the shopping cart from aisle to aisle, looking ridiculous with his sunglasses still on and his hoodie over his head, but he can’t bring himself to care. He just wants to grab his stuff and get home as soon as possible.

His phone rings, and he goes to answer, smiling when he sees the caller ID.

“Hi, baby,” he says, stopping to throw a packet of cookies into the cart.

I miss you,” is the first thing out of Lu Han’s mouth, and Minseok can’t help but chuckle.

“I miss you too,” he replies, rubbing at his stomach when Baby Lu gives a particularly hard kick. “Your son misses you too.”

He hears Lu Han let out a pathetic whine on the other end, and he grins to himself.

I’m two seconds away from booking a flight back home.”

“I want you to book that flight,” Minseok says, loading up the cart with the essentials—milk, bread, eggs, cheese. “But work is important too. You’ll be home soon enough.”

What if you go into labor and I’m not there? Oh my God, what if my son is born and he thinks his dad is the doctor instead of me?”

“We still have another month left, you dummy.”

I know. I just miss you a lot. And Baby Lu. I miss him too.”

“Then work hard and hurry home. He’s been using my insides as a soccer ball lately. I think he can sense your absence,” Minseok says as he drops two bags of Cheetos along with some Snickers ice cream. A really pregnant person is a hungry person.

“Anyways, what’re you doing?”

“Grocery shopping,” Minseok answers, lifting a liter of soda before deciding to go with artificially flavored juice instead. Much healthier…

He looks longingly at the coffee beans and different flavored mixes before dragging himself out of the aisle. One more month.

Actually? You’re really outside shopping? In public?”

“Shut up,” he murmurs, looking around suspiciously before plopping a handful of chocolate bars alongside a bag of marshmallows.

Good for you, Min Min. I’m surprised you didn’t ask Kyungsoo or Baekhyun to do it for you.”

“I asked them,” he says with a sigh, caressing his swollen belly thoughtfully as he decides to go with strawberry flavored wafers instead of the vanilla. “They were busy,” he pouts.

I’m happy you’re out. You’ve been stuck inside for like a year.”

“Not a year,” Minseok argues, looking at all the snacks in his shopping cart and wondering if it’s a bit of an overkill. “Maybe a month. Or two.”

You haven’t stepped out since you started showing. Or rather that one time—”

Don’t want to think about it.” Minseok sheepishly puts back one bag of cinnamon buns and walks off, only to back track and throw it in his cart again. He can’t bear to part with them. “It was traumatizing enough.”

It wasn’t that bad. You looked cute.”

“I looked like a ferocious bunny.”

A cute and pregnant bunny.”

“Ferocious. I was tearing into that hot dog like my life depended on it, and the paparazzi captured every millisecond of it—just thinking about it makes my blood pressure rise, and that’s not good for the baby.”

He hears Lu Han laughing at the other end, which in turn makes him smile as well.

Okay, my ferocious bun, break time is over. I have to get back to the photoshoot. I’ll call you tonight so don’t sleep too early!”

“Can’t make any promises,” Minseok says, chuckling before saying a quick “I love you” and hanging up.

He flashes the checkout lady an awkward smile as she eyes his items, before spotting the poorly concealed baby bump and gives him a small nod of understanding. Minseok shuffles in place, hoping to quickly pay and make his escape before anyone can recognize him.

“$102.77 is your total, sir,” the woman says kindly, waiting for a form of payment.

Minseok extends his credit card out before realizing his mistake a second too late. The woman reads the name on the card, suspiciously eyeing him before her eyes light up in recognition.

“Oh! Minseok-ssi—”

Shh,” Minseok pleads with a concerned look on his face, looking around to make sure nobody heard her. Luckily, no one has looked their way.

“Oh, right. Sorry,” the woman says before giggling behind her hand like a schoolgirl. “Big fan. I’m a big, big fan!” she says excitedly.

“Thank you,” he says timidly, wanting nothing more than to dash out of there now that someone’s acknowledged him.

“Just sign this,” she says, holding out his credit card and receipt for him to sign at the line.

Minseok hurriedly squiggles his signature before rushing off with his full shopping cart as best as he can with his huge belly. He turns to say thank you, only to see the cashier sneakily slip the receipt into her bra when she thinks no one is looking.

Minseok blushes as he turns back, wondering if she’s planning to sell it on EBay or something later. Either way, his only concern now is heading back home safely without being noticed further.

***

His phone beeps with an alert of a text, and he takes a big bite of his ice cream as he opens it.

It’s a message from Lu Han with an image attached, and what he sees almost shocks him into giving birth right there on the couch.

My cute, waddling bunny, says the caption underneath a picture of him from earlier today at the market, stomach on full display despite the baggy sweatshirt, cart full of junk food, and looking way too excited as he smiles at a box of Oreos.

“FUUUUUUUUU—”

Right then, he gets another text from Baekhyun with a similar picture, only this time he’s got his arms full of boxes of sprinkled donuts. The caption reads If this isn’t true love ಥ_ and Minseok just about launches his phone across the room until his phone beeps for the third time, this time a text from Kyungsoo reading Hyung, turn the TV to channel 9.

Knowing damn well he shouldn’t, Minseok gives in to curiosity and flips it on, only to watch with horror as picture after picture appears on the screen of his adventures at the supermarket. The caption beneath reads “The Best Baby Bump of 2017” and Minseok groans into his hands.

“Top Actor and Singer Kim Minseok was spotted today at a local store shopping for groceries. Underneath the loose fitting hoodie, we caught a glimpse of his best kept secret, the most awaited baby of our generation!”

Minseok continues to groan.

Not even the presidential elections could garner as much interest as this baby has, with power couple Kim Minseok and renowned model Lu Han expecting their bundle of joy by the end of this year. We bring you an exclusive interview with the cashier who checked him out~”

Minseok peeks through his fingers and watches in embarrassment as the woman from earlier recounts their interaction.

He was so cute! And so nice, he gave me his credit card and I almost freaked. At first I thought it was weird, you know, all the junk food he was buying. I thought, ‘that can’t be good for anyone’s health’. But then I realized it was the Kim Minseok with his adorable baby bump, and I couldn’t help but sympathize. Those cravings are a real pain in the . “

And there we have it. A rare spotting of a rare, talented man, and we couldn’t be happier. We wish all the best for the couple, and a healthy delivery for their child. Now onto more news—”

Minseok changes the channel, not wanting to subject himself to more of the paparazzi nonsense as he reclines back, propping his swollen feet on the coffee table and going back to eating his ice cream. He rubs his protruding stomach as Baby Lu kicks again, probably excited from the sugar rush his father is feeding him.

He figures it could’ve been worse. And the pictures aren’t all that unflattering either. He looks rather cute, if he must say so himself.

 

 

 

His phone rings again and Minseok picks it up.

How’s it going with The Best Baby Bump of 201—”

“Shut up, Lu Han.”

 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
a/n - i basically shop the same way minseok did heh~ anyways, i know it was short but i hope it was sweet? (like minseok's marshmallows, oreos, candy bars, ice cream...and so on) thank you guys for anticipating and already showing so much love (ಥ﹏ಥ)