Slumber

Dear Feelings, Dear Heart

 

Sungyeol’s POV

After Sunggyu hyung and Woohyun hyung went into their room, Hoya and Sungjong followed Dongwoo hyung into the kitchen. Now it’s just me and Myungsoo, alone, in the living room. It was so awkward since neither of us said anything to each other. I know it seems like we’re both best friends and stuff in front of the camera and the fans, in reality, we’re really not. It’s not like we’re complete strangers in the dorm, we’re all friends. I’m just not as close to Myungsoo as people perceive us to be. I’m usually hyper and childish, while Myungsoo is quiet and more reserved. Sometimes I feel like he hates me or something, always giving me glares and not say a single thing when it’s just the two of us.

Ugh, I can’t take the quietness. I’ll just go in the room and read or something. I suddenly stood up, probably startling Myungsoo because I think I saw him flinch.

“I’m going to bed. Good night.” I said and Myungsoo simply look up and gave me a nod.

 

I lazily walk to my room, closing the door behind me before climbing up that ladder to my bunk. I lay on my back as I stare aimlessly up at the ceiling. I’m so tired, but I’m not sleepy yet. I reached to my left for my iPod. Maybe I’ll be able to sleep after listening to some music.  I closed my eyes, hoping the music will sooth me to sleep.

“Sungyeol hyung~!!” Sungjong ran inside the room as he yelled out my name. Great, I was about to fall asleep too… I groaned before replying back.

“What is it Sungjong?” Sungjong climbed up the ladder to Sungyeol’s bunk bed.

“I’m bored…” Sungjong pouted.

“Then go to sleep…” I turned to my right to face him.

“hyung, it’s only 9:43. Come down here already.” Sungjong started tugging at my arm.

“What about Hoya?” I asked, still lying on my bed.

“What about me?” Hoya suddenly walked into the room.

“hyung! I’m bored and I can’t sleep yet. I’m still too excited from the announcement later.” Sungjong moved to his new target, Hoya. He pulled him to sit on Hoya’s bed and continuously shake him.

“Play with him or something.” Sungyeol tells Hoya while he pointed to Sungjong.

“Let’s play monopoly! Sungyeol hyung, you have to play too. It’s not fun with two players.” Sungjong walked over to one of the shelves in the room and grabbed the game board box. Hoya got off the bed and is now sitting cross-legged on the floor. Sungjong sitting next to him with the game laid out.

“Sungyeol hyung~” Sungjong whined. Finally Sungyeol gave up; I’m never going to be able to sleep unless they’re asleep anyways.

“Ok, ok. We’ll play one round.” I slowly climbed down the ladder to take the spot on the other side of Hoya.

We played for probably half an hour or an hour. I kept losing money, eventually Sungjong and Hoya took over like 90% of the properties on the board and they totally jacked up all the prices!

“YAH!” I yelled in frustration only to have Hoya and Sungjong erupt in a fit of laughter.

“Shhh…” Hoya placed his index finger in front of his mouth to indicate that I need to lower my voice. I forgot how late it is and everyone else is probably asleep already. Well, Myungsoo and Dongwoo hyung are heavy sleepers so it wouldn’t matter, but I started whispering anyways.

“This is totally unfair. Both of you are ganging up on me.” I tried to speak as low as I can.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about hyung” Sungjong feign innocent.

“Aish, whatever. I lost, so can we go to sleep now?” I let out a yawn as I lifted myself off the floor. I’m seriously sleepy now. Hoya yawned shortly after. I guess he’s sleepy too. I climbed up to my bunk and slipped under the covers, not forgetting to put my eye mask on.

“Let’s just go to sleep Sungjong. We have a full day tomorrow.”

“Okay..” Sungjong replied, not wanting to sleep but has no other options. Hoya stood up and waited for Sungjong to put the game board back before he switched off the light.

“Night guys.” Hoya said after getting on his bed.

“Goodnight” Sungjong and I replied at the same time.

 

 

Myunsoo’s POV

“YAH!!” I heard Sungyeol’s voice from the other side of the wall, followed by a fit of laughter from Hoya hyung and Sungjong. Wth? I thought he said he was going to sleep.

“What’s going on in there?” Dongwoo asked; he just came out from the bathroom with a towel around his neck.

“I don’t know.” I turned to my side and pulled the covers over my head, not feeling like talking any more.

Dongwoo just shrugged and threw the towel in the corner of the room before switching off the light. “Ok..good night then.”