His Perfect Plan

Perfect Plan

Chanyeol looked at Sehun once again, he knew something was wrong from the moment he entered the studio earlier. Sehun walked in their studio with a huge frown on his face. He kept staring out blank. Chanyeol asked him about it and Sehun just gave him a smile and an “I’m okay hyung” line.

Of course, Chanyeol knew he wasn’t okay and was just trying to tell him off so that he wouldn’t worry. But Sehun’s face looked so worried that he couldn’t just shrug it off. 

“Ya Sehun-ah, you’ve been making that face the whole time. Something must be really wrong,” he started as their dance practice finished. Sehun was wiping his face but his worried expression stayed.

“It’s nothing, hyung. Don’t mind me,” Sehun said as he took his bag from the bench. 

“How could I not worry? Huh? You look like you’ve been worrying over something serious.” He tried to poke Sehun’s nose but Sehun was quick to dodge it.

“It’s nothing. Oh by the way hyung, on your birthday, what do you want to do?” He asked as they walked through the hallway from their training room.

Chanyeol was flustered over the sudden question. In a week, will be his birthday. And all he wanted for his birthday... was to spend his day with Sehun, just like last year. 

But would it be too obvious if he tell Sehun that? Would his feelings be obvious?

“Ahhh— I’m still thinking about it haha. I don’t even know if we can celebrate because we have a concert on the exact day,” he answered while looking down. He hoped Sehun wouldn’t notice his red face.

“Hmmm is that so?” Chanyeol looked at Sehun who was thinking over something. “Ahhh! Hyung! Let’s eat dinner together.”

“Oh? I thought you have something to do later?”

Sehun gave him his moon-eyes smile. “Never mind that, just be with me later okay?”

Chanyeol felt his cheeks reddened at Sehun’s last statement. He wondered, how long will he be able to hide his feelings?

 

 

Chanyeol thought everything was normal.

A normal day. A normal dance practice. A normal dinner. But no. 

He thought it was normal that Sehun presented to drive his Mercedez Benz to dinner but again, no. He was shocked that Sehun took him to a prestigious restaurant.

“A-are you sure were going to eat here, Sehun-ah?” He asked as they entered. A waitress was leading them to their assigned table. He was even shock that they were able to get a table.

The restaurant looked so grand that many rich people were having their dinner there. He looked at their clothes and compared it with theirs and he felt embarrassed.

Sehun should’ve warned him. 

They walked out of the back door of the restaurant building and Chanyeol gasped. Outside, there was a flower garden designed with Christmas lights. In the middle was a pavilion with a table for two.

Chanyeol turned to Sehun and he saw that he was looking at him. He blushed, “W-what is this Sehun?”

Sehun held his hand and dragged him to the pavilion. “Dinner for us.”

Chanyeol’s heart kept beating so fast he thought he was going crazy. What is going on? 

When they sat down, food was served instantly to them by a waitress that smiled at him weirdly. His heart still wouldn’t stop beating so fast.

Sehun smiled at him brightly. “Hyung let’s eat!”

Chanyeol watched as Sehun happily eat his food. The worrisome Sehun earlier was completely gone. Was he... worried about this?

He suddenly heard his tummy grumbled. He blushed.

Sehun seemed to hear it too and laughed. “Hyung, come on! This one’s on me. No need to worry.”

Chanyeol wasn’t worried. He was confused. But he was hungry too so he let his confusion off first and decided to eat.

The meal was a full course. It was well prepared too. 

When they finished eating, Chanyeol finally asked. “Okay, were bloated. Now please, Oh Sehun, explain to me what the hell is happening? I’m pretty sure this is not just a normal dinner. “

He saw Sehun pouted and looked away. “You really can’t wait huh, hyung?”

Chanyeol’s eyebrow raised. “What?”

“Nothing.”

Chanyeol sighed. “Okay okay, I’ll just go with whatever you planned.”

Sehun took a deep breath. His worried face came back.

“Don’t tell me...” Chanyeol suddenly spoke and Sehun looked up at him. “Don’t tell me you messed up my music studio again that’s why you’re preparing all of these huh?”

Sehun’s face looked at him with an “are-you-even-serious” look. “Hyung, even though I messed up your studio, I wouldn’t prepare something this grand just for that.”

Oh, right. 

Silence swallowed them. Until Sehun suddenly handed an envelope to him. “Advance happy birthday hyung.”

Chanyeol looked surprised and stared at the envelope in Sehun’s hand. “What is this?”

“Can you just please accept it my beloved hyung?”

Chanyeol pouted and reached out his hand to accept it and opened. He took out the paper inside and his mouth fell. “This is...”

“A trip for two to Kyoto! Just for the two of us!” Sehun looked so excited as he announced. He even clapped. “I prepared our whole trip, the hotel, the places were going to visit and all! For three days, hyung!”

Chanyeol was speechless. Sehun prepared...this for him?

Then he remembered. “Don’t we have a concert on my birthday?”

Sehun made a hand gesture. “It’s okay. We can go travel after concert. I booked a train ticket already!”

Chanyeol didn’t know how to react. Sehun never done this for him before much less for his birthday. 

Sehun frowned. “Don’t you like it?”

He flinched at Sehun’s reaction and immediately shook his head. “I’m just shocked. You’ve never done this kind of surprise before. I—“ he stuttered and blushed. “I like it so much.” 

Sehun’s face brightened. He smiled and stood up. “I still have something to show you.” 

“What is it?”

They walked to flower garden. It sparkled with lights around the place. It was breathtaking. They stopped in the middle of the garden. Chanyeol looked around the beautiful scenery around them. After a few moments of silence, Chanyeol looked at Sehun in confusion when he turned to look at him.

“H-hyung...” Sehun looked down but Chanyeol can clearly see his red face.

He looked at the maknae that he loved since he was young. Suddenly memories came like a movie flashback. The walk to their home after training since they were young... The time they would just eat Tteokbokkie and hamburger at the streets... The sleepovers they had... The times when they would cry at their frustration because of the training... Everything. 

His heart tightened at the beautiful memories. He loves Sehun so much.

“I—“ Sehun started. “I wanted to say this on your birthday but...” he pouted. “I couldn’t wait anymore. I’ve been waiting for this since I was young.”

Chanyeol stared at him, awestruck. His heart started to beat like crazy.

“I’m... uhm you see, I kinda ugh...” Sehun was stuttering and blushing at the same time. Chanyeol found it so cute.

Sehun scratched his head like he was trying to find the right words. “I mean... uhm.” 

“Sehun...” Chanyeol whispered. His heart wouldn’t stop beating so fast. He has a hunch about everything that happened today. But he needed to be sure.

Sehun was talking gibberish, just like how he does whenever he gets nervous. 

“Sehun...” And he looked up to his hyung. “Just wait there Hyung, I’m trying to say the right sentence. Just wait there.”

But just like Sehun, Chanyeol couldn’t wait anymore too. He held his face and without thinking, leaned down and kissed him on the lips. 

Sehun was surprised. Chanyeol felt him gasped between the kiss. That way, he was able to taste the insides of his mouth. Sehun’s mouth tasted like wine, probably because of what they had earlier. And Chanyeol was drunk on the kiss. His heart went wild inside his chest, like it was doing it’s best to be released.

“I love you, hyung...” Sehun finally said after they ended the kiss. “I love you so much.”

A tear came out from Chanyeol’s eyes. He didn’t know that it was possible to be hurt this much because of too much happiness. 

Sehun smiled at him with sincerity. He wiped the tear out of Chanyeol’s face. “I have loved ever since we were young. And as we grow up, my love grew too. Your care, your thoughtfulness... Your competitiveness, your confidence, your passion in everything you do. I love your perfection and your flaws.”

“I—“ Chanyeol gulped and tears continued to flow. “I love you too. Oh my god, I don’t know what to say.”

Sehun kissed his tears from his eyes and Chanyeol knew that it was his dead end. He has completely fallen deeper and deeper for this beautiful man. 

“Let’s go together to Kyoto together on your birthday, hyung. This time, not as best friends but as a couple who’s in love with each other.”

Chanyeol looked at Sehun and he smiled. “Finally, after how many years. Finally.” And kissed him again.

 

November 28, Kyoto

 

Looking at his boyfriend sleeping beside him, Chanyeol couldn’t help but smile. He gently wrapped his arm around Sehun and kissed his red pouting lips.

Sehun moaned and was awakened by that the kiss. “Good morning.”

Chanyeol smiled back. “Good morning, love.”

“We will go to Kiyomizu-dera today, hyung,” Sehun murmured, still sleepy. “But I’m still sleepy, ugh.” 

Chanyeol grinned. “You must so tired from last night.” The beautiful memory from last night’s love-making came. 

The sleepy maknae blushed and groaned. “Love...”

A laughter from Chanyeol’s lips came. “That’s okay, we can just stay here in the hotel and cuddle.”

He saw Sehun pouted. “But I planned this perfectly. We should be walking around the temple and eat street foods with our kimono.” 

“You really thought about this, huh?” Chanyeol’s heart was touched by his efforts.

“I wanted the best for you, love.” Sehun opened his eyes and looked at him. “Only the best.”

“Hmmm. But love, being with you here in the bed and cuddling, is already the best,” Chanyeol replied then hugged him tightly, making Sehun blush even more.

“Okay then,” Sehun murmured, still blushing red. “Not just cuddle. We can kiss and make love too, right?”

Chanyeol’s laughter was heard again.

 

_____