Step on me, literally.

When Love Walked In
Please log in to read the full chapter

     

       "Sir, please get up from the floor, or I might have to step on you." The doe eyed man said, bushy eyebrows scrunched up together as he glared at the man on the ground who just wouldn't get up. And you might be wondering, "How in the world could someone end up in that situation?" Well, listen up.

 

       Jongin grumbled and kicked the pavement as he was once again kicked out of his house for failing his quiz on some stupid world history- okay not technically kicked out, but rather ran off from his house, scared to wake up his unsuspecting mother that was napping on the wooden coffee table. He cursed when he tripped on the small pebble; grumbling even more, he stuffed his earphones as he blasted the music in his eyes. Wrong move as they were too loud. In a sorrowful manner, the grumbling teenager made his way to small convenience store that was close by his house. 

       The small little ding indicated that a new customer had just arrived, making Kyungsoo turn around to great the shopper. With a small bow, he greeted the customer. The cashier rolled his eyes when the man obviously didn't greet back as he turned around to go back to arranging the cigar display box. After he was content with how the display looked, his eyes followed the only customer in the small store. He's strange. His thoughts wondered off. The customer was currently moving around in circles, poking at ramen and pouting. Kyungsoo decided to shrug off his thoughts when he heard his grandfather call for him. 

       "Umhh." Kyungsoo replied, smiling at his aging grandad that looked too young to have wrinkles on his face and a balding head. 

       "Go eat!" His grandfather called out. With a small smile, Kyungsoo walked over to where the old man was, taking one last glance at the customer that was now laying his head on the table by the window. Nevertheless, he went to back to switch spots with his grandfather.

 

 

       After awhile, Kyungsoo was finally down eating his food as he called out to where his grandfather was. "Grandpa!" He smiled, waving his heads. His grandfather poked his head out from the counter as he, too smiled at the young man before going to where he was. 

       "Hey. That young man is kind of weird." His grandfather warned, grimacing when he heard a small thud from the man that was napping. A worried glint in his eyes as he looked at the boy in front of him. Kyungsoo laughed it off, but he couldn't help but wonder what was actually wrong with that man. 

       "It's fine, grandpa. Go back there, I'll take care of the store and him." With that, Kyungsoo was back at the cashier, still looking at the man. This is none of my business. He reminded himself. Then, the cashier decided to busy himself by playing 'I-spy' by himself. But before he could even call out what he saw, he heard a loud wail and cry from the boy, that was now on the floor- grumbling and whining to himself. Kyungsoo widen his eyes at the sight in front of him. But he didn't want to get himself tangled in whatever that man was going through, so he decides to leave it alone for now.

       It took 3 minutes before Kyungsoo couldn't take it anymore at the lifeless body on the floor that wasn't moving but rather pouting out some random alien words. With his rolled up sleeves, he scrunched his eyebrows as he stepped up to where the boy was at. Kyungsoo was kind of relieved when he saw the chest go up and down, showing that the body was still in fact very much alive. "Sir." he called out, kicking the body as it jiggled back to him like some type of jelly. "Sir." he tried again, but with no avail.

       "Sir, please get up from the floor or I might have to step on you." Kyungsoo warned, annoyed at the fact that the young boy just wouldn't get up. But still, no response. Getting tired, he decides to step on the boy's back, and he smirked when he finally got the man to show some type of reaction. 

       "Aish!" Jongin cursed with his eyes closed, massaging his now aching back. Ooohh he's ought to hit the man. With an angry face, he fisted his fist as he was about to curse again, but the minute he opened his eyes, he was whipped. "Ah." he gawked, mouth open as he unclenched his fist. Kyungsoo scowled at him, hitting him on the head- making Jongin cower.

       "What are you doing here if you weren't going to buy anything?" Kyungsoo shouted, grabbing the boy's ears as he twisted it. Jongin screamed in pain as he tip-toed to make the boy stop. Kyungsoo didn't stop there as he kept scolding the boy. Anyone outside the store would've thought the two were crazy. "I wanted ramen!" Jongin whined, crying in pain as Kyungsoo finally let go of his aching ears.

       "Tsk. There's plenty here." Kyungsoo replied, pointing to the ramen aisle. The taller male in front of him pursed his lips, heels rocking back and forth.

       "Idontlmsjsl." Jongin mumbled.

       "What?"

       "I don't like those." Kyungsoo gawked at the man, believing that his man was acting 2 years old inside. 

       "Here, let's look." The cashier marched to where the noodles were- Jongin following suit, pointing at one specific noodle he enjoyed. "Samyang fire noodles; they are my favorite." he  the noodles at the boy's hands. Nonetheless, Jongin accepted the noodles and paid for it. With the noodles in hand, he walked over to where the table were to eat the noodles. Kyungsoo snickered from the counter when he saw that the boy was carelessly falling for his trick. He looked outside to where the sun was setting and stars were up in the sky; it was getting dark outside. He whipped his head when he heard a cry for help. 

       "AHH SPICY!" Jongin shouted, but he still stuffed his face with the noodles that were killing him. Kyungsoo, from the counter, looked surprised as he walked over to where the man was, a cold milk in his hands. The smaller lad pulled up a chair, which got Jongin to stop stuffing his face to look at the latter. "It's yummy right?" Kyungsoo grinned, waving the milk in his hand before setting it down to where Jongin was. Jongin put down his noodles as he looked at the man, surprised at the kind gesture. Truth to be told, he was going to curse at the man for recommending him such a deadly noodle. 

       The two sat in silent for a while as Jongin was finishing the noodles. Kyungsoo sighed, facing the man to ask him an important question:

       "Why were you acting like that?" The student choked on his milk, co

Please log in to read the full chapter