Four

I'll help you

"Thank you for taking me out today, Baekhyun." Chanyeol said shyly as they walked back into the house, setting the numerous shopping bags in the hallway, deciding to watch some television.

 

They sat down on the large sofa in front of the screen. Baekhyun grabbed the remote and turned it on, flipping through the channels and settling on a random channel with the programme autopsy.

 

Chanyeol stared at the television, watching intently as the programme was talking about a teenager that had committed suicide and were talking about how she did it and what had led her to do it. He could feel his eyes begin to sting as he thought about himself and about how half of the things they listed were exactly the same as what he was feeling and what he was doing.

 

"Baekhyun?" He croaked, grabbing the elders hand, holding onto it tightly. Minji wasn't home yet, she was still at work so there wasn't any fear that she'd walk in on them. Baekhyun hummed in response, still looking at the screen.

 

"Do you think thats how I'll end up?" He said, the tears finally dropping. Baekhyun tore his gaze away and stared at Chanyeol, his eyes softening when he saw the broken state he was in.

 

Baekhyun's thumb rubbed against the back of the latter's rough hand as he smiled up at him.

 

"Of course not. Just so long as you let me help you."

 

The tears still continued to fall from Chanyeol's puffy eyes as he nuzzled his face into Baekhyun's shoulder, wetting his jumper. Baekhyun looked down at the mop of wavy brown hair and smiled, lifting his free hand up to run his fingers through it, loving the feeling.

 

The two sat like that for a while until Chanyeol's tears had dried.

 

The sound of the front door opening hit them both like a truck. Baekhyuns eyes widened as he let go of Chanyeol's hand, scooting further away slightly, causing Chanyeol to fall down onto the sofa.

 

"How are you guys getting on?" Minji's voice filled the now silent room. The television had been turned off by Chanyeol, who had now gotten up.

 

Chanyeol smiled and beckoned for Minji to go over to him and give him a hug. She complied.

 

"How're you today, Chan?" She asked sweetly, kissing her little brother on the forehead, her hand the top of his head.

 

"I'm better today Min." The said girl smiled brightly and went over to kiss Baekhyun's lips. Baekhyun avoided her contact. She frowned and decided to kiss his cheek instead, feeling somewhat happy that he didnt refuse her touch then.

 

"Babe can I talk to you for a second?" She asked and pulled Baekhyun away before he had the chance to answer.

 

"What's wrong with you recently? You're refusing almost everything I do!" Minji exclaimed, trying hard not to raise her voice at the boy in front of her.

 

"I— I— just—" She held her hand up, dismissing his nonexistent reply.

 

"Save it. I just want to ask you one question and I'll let you go back to Chan." she said, her voice oddly calm. Baekhyun nodded and indicated for her to continue. Minji cleared as if what she was about to say was life changing.

 

"You're gay. Aren't you?" 

 

Baekhyun's eyes widened as he frantically shook his head, holding his hands in front of him, shaking them slightly too.

 

"Dont lie to me. You're gay. I'm right aren't I?" Her voice was a lot scarier now, sickly sweet as her eyes burned holes into Baekhyun. The small male sighed and nodded, giving up, accepting it.

 

"You like Chanyeol. Dont you?" She asked, looking at the floor as if it was the most interesting thing.

 

"No! Where did you get that idea from." Baekhyun defended himself, taking a step back.

 

"You have know idea," She laughed halfheartedly, looking up at him, staring at him dead in the eyes, "I walked in on you two earlier. I came in the back door because I wanted to surprise Chan with a present. I saw you two on the sofa, he was crying and you were smiling at him, his hair. You had that look in your eyes, Byun Baekhyun. The look that you've never given me in the whole five ing years that we've been together." 

 

Baekhyun struggled to hold back his tears as he took three more steps back, worried about what Minji was going to do next.

 

"Get out."

 

"What?" Baekhyun was bewildered. He never expected those two words from his soon to be ex girlfriend.

 

"You heard me. Get out. We're over. I want you gone." She said quietly, ready to burst at any moment.

 

"But what about Chanyeol he still needs my hel—"

 

"I SAID ING GET OUT!" 

 

Baekhyun ran. He ran through the living room, oblivious to Chanyeol's calls. He ran out of the door, tears running slowly down his cheeks. He never thought it would end this way but things never always happen when planned.

 

He stopped outside the front of the house and broke down, crumbling on the pavement, crouched down, sobbing his heart out.

 

"Baekhyun!" He could hear Chanyeol's shout and loud footsteps running up to him. Long, thin arms wrapped themselves around his scrunched up figure.

 

Baekhyun leaned into his touch, the moment soon ruined by his ex girlfriends scream of anger.

 

"CHANYEOL GET THE AWAY FROM HIM, HES A DIRTY !" She yelled, running up to them and forcefully pulling Chanyeol away.

 

"HE'LL JUST HURT YOU LIKE THE OTHERS DID! I just want to protect you." Chanyeol couldn't help but look at Baekhyun, sitting helplessly on the cold pavement, looking up at the two with hopeless eyes.

 

"Come on, let's go inside, away from the puff." 

 

{a/n to erase any confusion, a "puff" is a British name used to insult gay people. Basically like calling someone a name that'll upset them}

 

Chanyeol's blood boiled. He hadnt told her about his uality yet and figured now was the right time.

 

"How can you take me away from one when I'm exactly the same." He muttered, his words like poison as he glared at his older sister.

 

Minji stopped and turned around.

 

"I'm sorry, what?" In her voice, held a warning. Chanyeol knew he should stop but carried on anyway.

 

"Minji I'm gay too. Have you ever wondered why I never told you all of the reasons as to why those bullies targeted me?"