final

Daffodils (New Beginnings)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[it's already the 6th of November here in my country so, happy birthday Kris Wu, Wu Yifan, our Galaxy hyung! God bless you^^ this was written as a request by krisber_1806 to celebrate Kris’ 27th birthday]

 

 

Amber thinks it’s cute as she stares at the pretty orange flower clutched in her hand. Someone has left the flower by the handle of her locker. She doesn’t know who the culprit is but finding the flower this morning has made her day. Smiling to herself, Amber can’t help but wonder, does she have a secret admirer? Aah, she sighs, that’s so sweet of them.

 

She walks to the classroom with spring in her step, lips curled up into a smile. “What’s gotten in to youuu?” someone loops their hand around her shoulder, his voice sounds so annoying and it’s barely 8 in the morning. Eric grins innocently at her.

 

“What’s that?” he snatches the flower from her hand. “Hey!” Amber protests, her eyes go wide when Eric holds the flower carelessly. That’s her precious flower he is holding.

 

“Isn’t that tiger lily?” Another new voice joins their conversation. Amber takes her flower back before looking up to the owner of the voice. “Tiger lily?” she repeats, because honestly she doesn’t know the flower’s name. Chanyeol nods at her, a look of concern on his facial expression. “Did someone give it to you?”

 

Dumbly, Amber nods at him and she is kind of afraid because of the frown on Chanyeol’s face screams of bad news. “It means hatred, you know, the flower.” Amber gapes in pure shock. “What, are you serious?” Eric asks, taken aback by the new information too. “It is,” she stutters, “it is so pretty, though?” She can’t believe the orange flower with dark-brown spots actually means something so negative.

 

Chanyeol sighs, taking a seat. “It could also mean passion, but most of the times it refers to hatred, disdain.”

 

“That doesn’t sound good,” Eric murmurs, looking at Amber in sympathy. “Do you know someone who probably doesn’t like you?” Amber mulls the question, has she annoyed someone in the past? Did she do something wrong?

 

“But!” Chanyeol butts in, trying to lift up the mood. “Maybe the sender doesn’t know the meaning? Tiger lily is pretty, perhaps that’s the reason they send you that.”

 

Amber is still very much conflicted. She was so happy just a minute ago, and now she doesn’t know what to feel. Nevertheless, she nods in agreement and hopes no one hates her to send flower like this.

 

“Also!” Chanyeol claps his hands, startling both Amber and Eric. There’s a wide grin on his face, “Basketball practice is at 3 this afternoon, I expect my best friends to come cheer for me, understood?”

 

Eric rolls his eyes, already walking to his seat but Chanyeol knows he will show up later. Meanwhile Amber still looks so much in deep thinking, and he feels bad for relaying the information. “Hey, don’t think too much about it, okay? I believe the sender means no harm.” He comforts her, smiling gently.

 

“Yeah, I hope so.” Amber replies with a forced smile.

 

©

 

There are plenty of people crowding the bleacher. Amber and Eric have taken a seat near the field so Chanyeol can spot them easily. Eric hands her the strawberry milkshake he bought on the way just now and Amber takes it gratefully because strawberry milkshake is such a savior in this hot weather.

 

The basketball team is currently taking a break and Chanyeol just waved at his friends enthusiastically, long arms flailing as he goofily laughed all pearly white teeth. But something catches Amber eyes, someone has been staring at her for far too long. She looks past Chanyeol and sees the captain of the team, Kris Wu, looking at her curiously. He even doesn’t look away when Amber stares back at him, so she turns to Eric, suddenly feeling embarrassed yet confused at the same time.

 

“Is there something on my face?” she asks worriedly. “Huh?” Eric turns to look at her, inspecting Amber’s face thoroughly. “Nah, all good. What’s wrong?”

 

“Kris Wu is being weird.” Amber answers, shrugging her shoulders nonchalantly. “Has been staring for like 5 minutes?”

 

Eric smiles his i-know-something-is-fishy smile at her and it bothers her so much. He sips on his drink before saying, “Maybe he is just interested in you,” he assumes, nudging her shoulder playfully. Amber prays her cheeks won’t turn pink because she can’t deal with the humiliation and Eric’s teasing.

 

“That’s the most ridiculous thing I’ve heard today.”

 

Her best friend goes silent, there is a frown on his face as if he disagrees with her. “What? You’re wonderful. If I’m not your best friend and don’t know your dark secret like eating your own booger, I may have developed a huge freaking crush on you.”

 

“Hey! I never eat my own booger!” Amber whines, but then she laughs because damn, Eric knows her too well and it should worry her but she just grins at him. “Don’t tell anyone.” She threatens him with no actual malice in her voice. Eric pokes his tongue out at her, whining when she gives his shoulder a big slap.

 

©

 

It’s a deep purple flower this time. The color is sure beautiful but Amber can’t wait to get Chanyeol to tell her the meaning of this flower. Amber rushes to her classroom, she doesn’t really care about her surrounding as she speed-walks, entirely missing a pair of eyes watching her intently.

 

“Chanyeol!” she shouts, the boy jumps in his seat, obviously scared for his life. He turns around, hand on his chest probably calming his beating wild heart. “Gosh, you scared me!” her best friend whines, face scrunched in agony. “Chanyeol, what this flower means?” Amber asks, shoving the flower on his face.

 

Chanyeol blinks rapidly, taking in the color and the shape of the flower. “Uh-“ Chanyeol starts and Amber knows it’s just another bad news. “Did you perhaps offend someone, Am? Because this doesn’t look good.” Amber chews her bottom lip, “Does it mean grudge this time?” Chanyeol shakes his head, still staring at the beautiful flower. “Petunia, more like resentment, anger.”

 

Amber heaves a deep sigh. “I don’t know, Yeol. Seriously.” Her lips are wobbling as her eyes get teary. Chanyeol pats her shoulder, reassuring the girl that he will fight whoever dares hurting her.

 

Eric strides in the class, whistling as he takes his seat next to Amber. His eyes notice the purple flower. “Again?” Both of his friends nod at the same time, their gloomy expression is enough t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter