Prologue Part 1; A drunken mess

A Deep Abyss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Wednesday morning...      

The sun shining on the window, the sound of cars driving by, and sleeping in. Although, today wouldn’t really be the day to sleep in, as it is the day where Minso has to go to a dance competition. And, when she wakes up, she is gonna freak-

“NO! 9 AM?!?! ALREADY!?!?! NOOOO!!!” She shot out of bed, running straight to the bathroom. Her plan was that she would be awake at 7:30, and leave by 9, but as you can see here, this isn’t working out... Why does this competition seem to be so important to her? Because her dance partner isn’t really the guy to be patient, especially if the prize money is $1,000,000 and her dancing partner is the team leader.

After showing, she runs from the bathroom, into her bedroom. She is rushing so much, that she is practically already throwing her clothes on the ground. Finally, she picks out a black skirt and pink t-shirt and wears her black wedges. She puts her sneakers and dancing clothes in a separate bag, and rushes down the stairs to get breakfast. But, on the way downstairs, she accidentally trips over her cat, and falls down the stairs. “Dammit,” she says, “darn cat!” 
Ok, now she was REALLY in a rush. “9:15?!?! ALREADY?!?! EOTTEOKE?!?!” She started to look around the kitchen for something she can just take and eat in the car. Luckily, she found an apple. You know what they say, she thought to herself, an apple a day, keeps the doctor away! She grabbed it, and ran to the garage. 

When she got in her car, she fumbled her keys and opened the garaged. She didn’t have time to do her “make sure you finished everything inside before you leave” check list, she just pressed on the gas pedal and zoomed out of there! Unfortunately, she forgot to feed her cat... whatever! Minso does think her cat is fat, so one day shouldn’t be bad.

—x—x—x—x—x—x—x—x—x—x—x—x—x—
“Where is that girl?!?!” JeongHee silently screamed to himself. He looked like he was on the verge of murdering someone. This competition was very important to him, more important to Minso, because of the prize money. 

“Our next performance is Oh Minso and Kim JeongHee!” The announcer said. The crowd kept cheering, the men kept whistling for Minso. But, as every second passed by, JeongHee would have to think of a plan to stall them. “Oh... that girl better get here, or else she’s off the team...”

“I’M HERE!!!” Minso screamed as she ran inside, already dressed in her dance outfit. To JeongHee, there was no time to talk. The crowd kept cheering, and they all kept trying to look behind the stage to see whether or not they were going to come out on the stage. He just grabbed her, and pulled her onto the stage.

When the got on stage, she looked oblivious to why he dragged her, but the crowd’s cheer kept her focused! They did a little bow, and started to get into their positions for the song. They chose the song “Close” by Nick Jonas, because it gave them an interesting vibe. To Minso, it gives her an idea of how you want to be closer to someone, but can’t because of fear overtaking them, but JeongHee just went along with it... 

As they were ending, the crowd started to cheer very loudly. To the announcers, it was very clear who won the whole thing. To JeongHee, he just wants the money, and to Minso, she wants to win as well, but after this, she wouldn’t know what else to do. This was her last competition before she had to start teaching it. Although she would love to teach students who want to learn, that means she get to rarely perform because she is too busy with her job.

After all the contestants went up and performed, they announced the winners. “And the winner is...” the announcer says, trying to make the audience in a state of suspense, “JeongHee and Minso!!!” The crowd was cheering like crazy! People were screaming, people were clapping, people were whistling and some even cried out of happiness and joy. Minso was about to walk up the stage, when sudde

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter