Chapter 5

It’s Called Love Not Obsession
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

       Throughout chemistry class since Taehyung and I sat separately we didn’t get many chances to talk or better learn about each other. Luckily we did sit together during lunch and I told him how I was allergic to pretty much all types of nuts, wasn’t a big fan of vegetables but loved fruits, and basically how I have a love for every kind of sweet food that existed. Taehyung also informed me that he had a big sweet tooth and that he hoped I would be at the music club meeting after school.
       School was over before I knew it to my relief, though I was excited to attend the music club meeting although I had no idea what was awaiting me.
       Pulling open the music club room’s door, I met eyes with about ten other students, most faces were unfamiliar to me. Bowing I scurried to a chair in the corner of the room, patiently waiting for the meeting to start, but I wasn’t left alone for long.

“Taeyeon!” I heard a familiar voice cheer, taking a seat next to me. I flashed a kind smile at Taehyung, “Hey Taehyung.”
“I’m excited to hear you sing today,” the older boy beamed, but my face completely distorted, “What do you mean?”

       Taehyung noticing my expression rubbed the back of his neck anxiously, “I thought you knew, this meeting is for the new members that joined this year to showcase themselves.”
       I felt the panic building up inside me, my eyes immediately focusing on the girl in pink who walked in, her eyes forming crescents and a smile brighter than the sun. “Hi everyone! A special hello to the new members joining us today, this year five new very talented members were able to pass the audition to join the school’s music club,” Tiffany spoke at the front of the room, her aura was radiating and bright.
       “Today we’ll be hearing one song from each member that will showcase just how talented they are, so please be supportive,” Tiffany finished and smiled as someone took her spot at the front and began their prepared solo.
       I swallowed the lump in my throat and forced a smile as Tiffany neared me and sat next to me on the left side, while Taehyung beamed at her from my right side. “Good to see you here Taeyeon,” Tiffany whispered, “I hope Baekhyun filled you in on all the details, I told him to let you know yesterday. He did right?”
       I turned scanning the room, finding Baekhyun, who had not filled me in on all the details, standing on the far side of the room in the corner watching one of the new club members singing, his face unamused. Returning my attention back to Tiffany I smiled and nodded in agreement, a lie.
       After what felt like hours, Tiffany nudged my side with her elbow, “Your turn Taeyeon.” I forced an awkward smile and slowly walked up to the center of the small cramped room, raking my mind for a song to sing, a popular pop song, a self written one, or the one I had auditioned with?
       Finally settling on one, I reached for the acoustic guitar nea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter