Chapter 4

It’s Called Love Not Obsession
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     I woke up early for school the next morning, but I had not gotten a good night’s sleep. After quickly washing up, I picked out my outfit for the day, a white print tee, grey cardigan, and black skinny jeans. Glancing at the clock, I realized the bus I usually took would not arrive for another twenty minutes. Grabbing my backpack and light blue wallet I headed out and to the nearest coffee shop to attempt to wake up. Opening the door, I headed straight for the line and scanned the neatly decorated menu board.

“Taeyeon?”

    I glanced to the person ahead of me in line who I had not noticed until now to be Taehyung. I bowed in reply and gave him a small smile, not used to having a friend for the first time, unsure of how to act.

  “You look horrible,” he stated the obvious his dark brown eyes scanning me up and down, concern written in his expression. I nodded, “I d-didn't get much sleep.”

    Taehyung nodded and had to turn away to order his drink while I focused on quickly picking out a drink. Going with my usual favorite, I ordered a caramel machiatto and didn’t expect to see Taehyung smiling by the door waiting for me, his iced americano in his right hand. Bowing slightly I thanked him for holding the door open while we both exited the shop.
    “Anything for you. You’re on your way to school right? Let’s head there together,” Taehyung beamed at me brightly, not waiting for my response and instead leading the way to the bus stop at the corner. Not waiting for very long, the familiar green bus arrived within seconds, and Taehyung insisted on me sitting by the window, which I took as a kind gesture. I puffed out my cheeks, feeling the awkward atmosphere quickly grow as we sat quietly together, his leg touching my own as he sipped from his coffee cup straw and glanced at me periodically.

    “So why didn’t you sleep good?” Taehyung asked the bus nearing our university campus.

“Ooh, I just had a lot of homework to do,” I lied, figuring that it was better to keep the texting situation to myself, it probably was a prank anyway.

“Aww, well school can be stressful,” Taehyung snicker

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter