Chapter Eight

The Possession 2

Jin rushed into Namjoon’s dorm seeing he was there with Yoongi. Jimin and Taehyung also sat on Hoseok’s bed, embracing. At the sight of Jin, Jimin ran into his arms, crying.

Jin patted his back.

“I shouldn't have yelled at him.” Taehyung mumbled, his expression full of regret.

“Where did he go?” Jin asked.

“...the house…” Jimin whispered.

“Hey, I got your text Jimin...I…” Hoseok came in running and stiffened as he caught sight of Yoongi.

Yoongi avoided his gaze and turned to Jin. “I’ll go look for him, I’m parked in the lot.”

“I’ll come with you.” Jin nodded.

“Me too.” Taehyung added. “It’s my fault he ran.”

“You guys should stay here in case he comes back.” Jin told the other three.

“Be careful hyungs, Tae.” Jimin embraced Taehyung.

Namjoon then leaned into Jin for a kiss.

Jin noticed Hoseok stare at Yoongi, while Yoongi kept his eyes on his shoes.

God, this is awkward.

“Alright let’s get out of here.” Jin announced hoping to save Yoongi and Hoseok from it getting any more uncomfortable.

Hoseok flashed him a relieved smile.

The three then took Yoongi’s car and sped to the house.

Jin hoped it was just Jungkook being homesick and not something that was better left in the past.


The sun was setting as they made it to the household walked up the porch steps. The yard had returned to its jungle of weeds and grass and the walls of the house looked ancient and dusty. Jin felt a wave of nostalgia at the sound of the porch creaking under their weight. It had always terrified him to stand there, for fear that one day it would break under him.

Jin tried the doorknob in hopes that Jungkook had left it unlocked. He turned the knob.

He had.

The door swung open and a gust of cold air greeted them.

“Just as cozy as I remembered.” Yoongi muttered as they went inside.

The house was pitch black, all the windows and doors were shut. Jin remembered the last time it had been this dark.

He blinked away memories of a possessed Jungkook and turned to the other two.

“Let’s split up. Taehyung go upstairs and Yoongi you go to the living room. I’ll try the basement.”

They agreed and took off.

Jin walked over to the basement and pulled on the knob. He frowned when it refused to open. He hadn’t remembered locking it before moving out, could the owner have locked it?

He shoved his shoulder against the door, just as Yoongi appeared.

“Hyung, I found him.”

Jin followed Yoongi to the living room where Jungkook laid, curled up on the couch.

Yoongi shook him awake.

“Hyung?” Jungkook blinked up at Yoongi and then at Jin.

“Got kicked out?” Yoongi asked.

Jungkook gave a feeble nod.

Taehyung then came in, heaving for air. “I can’t find him!” He panted. Taehyung then saw Jungkook on the couch and threw himself at the boy. “Jungkook!”

Jungkook hugged him back just as tight.

“I’m so sorry!”

“Me too.” Jungkook smiled weakly.

“Let’s go back okay?”

“Okay.”

Jin’s thoughts wandered back to the basement as they left. He noticed Jungkook glance at the basement door as they passed it.

Could there be something there?

Could Jungkook have hidden something there?


When they arrived back to the dorms, Jimin rushed into Jungkook for a hug. Hoseok came up and ruffled Jungkook’s hair and even Namjoon gave him a pat.

Jungkook smiled at them. “Sorry for worrying you all.”

“We’re just glad you’re okay.” Namjoon said.

“I’m glad too.” Jungkook replied.

Once the whole ordeal with Jungkook was over, Jimin and Taehyung retreated with Jungkook to their dorm. Jin and Yoongi began to leave the dorm when Namjoon called Jin back.

“Hyung!”

Jin turned. “Yeah?”

“You want to come for some drinks with Hoseok and I?”

Jin smiled. “Sure.” He hooked an arm around Yoongi’s. “We’d love to.”

“Actually…” Yoongi began.

Jin glared at him.

Yoongi sighed. “Fine…”

The bar they frequented by the university was jam packed of people. They were having a karaoke night for college students, Namjoon spotted Jackson and waved to him before they took to a booth.

Jin listened to Namjoon rant about his classes and piles of homework, but his eyes traveled to Yoongi who sat beside him.

He kept his gaze on his glass of beer, his whole body stiff and uncomfortable. Jin then glanced at Hoseok, who sat the same.

Jin cleared his throat once Namjoon finished talking. “Let’s lighten the atmosphere, yeah? Let’s play Truth or Dare. Yoongi, you first.”

Yoongi’s face turned sour, but he sighed and muttered, “Truth.”

“Was Hoseok good in bed?” Jin waggled his eyebrows.

Hoseok turned a bright red. “Hyung!”

“Come on, we can ask these questions now that you’re broken up.”

“Dare.” Yoongi scowled.

“Express in moans how good Hoseok was.” Jin smirked. He wasn’t letting Yoongi out of it.

They had to break this tenison they had, and if it had to be through awkward questions, so be it.

Yoongi sighed as if he carried the whole world on his shoulders.

“Oh? That doesn’t sound good.”

Namjoon and Jin laughed and Hoseok looked both embarrassed and offended. Yoongi meanwhile had turned a light shade of pink.

“Okay now Hoseok.” Jin commanded.

“Dare.” Hoseok said, looking uneasy. He was fiddling with the glass in front of him, not daring to look anywhere else but down.

“Hug Yoongi for 10 seconds.”

“What are you trying to do?” Yoongi demanded, glaring at Jin.

The man laughed, ignoring him. “Come on! Do it!”

Hoseok got up and walked around the table to hug Yoongi. It lasted for about five seconds before he sat back down. Now Hoseok and Yoongi were both flushed.

“Not so bad, huh?” Jin smirked.

Yoongi shot him a look.

“Truth or dare, Namjoon.” Hoseok said quietly.

“Truth.”

“Was Hoseok a better kisser than I was?” Jin asked before Hoseok could ask anything.

“Hyung!” Namjoon gaped.

“You’re taking this too far!” Hoseok cried.

“I’m leaving.” Yoongi stood.

Jin grabbed the sleeve of his jacket and shoved him back down. “Wait.”

“You’re acting crazy.” Yoongi frowned. Jin could see his fists were clenched, and he knew it was because of the recollection of Hoseok kissing Namjoon. Even though Yoongi had forgiven Hoseok, he had not yet forgotten it.

“We have to get over this stuff for the sake of our friendship.” He told him. “Look what happened to Jungkook because of us. Now answer the question Joonie.”

“No.” Namjoon shook his head.

“Okay.”

Yoongi looked relieved and Jin was slightly offended. Had he really expected Namjoon to say yes?

“Truth or dare.” Namjoon asked Jin.

“Dare.”

“Kiss Yoongi.”

Jin laughed. Namjoon caught on well.

“What the ?!” Yoongi looked scandalized.

“You’re single hyung  and it’s the only way we’ll be even.” Namjoon explained.

“If you say so.” Jin turned to Yoongi. He made his lips into a pout. Yoongi looked disgusted.

Jin then grabbed Yoongi’s shoulders, pulling him in closer. He could smell alcohol and soy sauce from the stir fry they had eaten that day. He hoped it tasted as good as it smelled.  Just as their lips were about to touch, Yoongi was pulled away.

“Stop!”

“Hoseok?” Yoongi and Jin turned to look up at Hoseok, who was out of his seat and clutching at Yoongi’s arm.

He didn’t quite meet Yoongi’s eyes as he yanked at him and dragged him away. Jin glanced at Namjoon in surprise.

“Well that was…” Namjoon chuckled.

Jin then leaned over and kissed Namjoon, slipping in a wet tongue. Namjoon pulled away, shocked.

“Were you going to kiss Yoongi hyung like that ?!”

“Not on his life.” Jin smiled.

Namjoon smiled back but Jin couldn’t help snort at the relieved look on his face.

They ended up drinking too many beers and eating too many chips, that they had to take a cab back to Namjoon’s dorm.

They crashed inside with giggles and Namjoon looked at Hoseok’s empty bed.

“Guess Hoseok is staying with Yoongi.”

“They totally doing it.” Jin slurred. ‘

Namjoon giggled.

“Let’s do it too!” Jin proceeded to take off his shirt but ended up falling sideways and landing on the floor.

“Jin hyung!” Namjoon bent to help him up but bumped heads with Jin and he fell onto the floor as well from the impact.

“Ow.” Namjoon grabbed at his head. They stared at each other with pained expressions before breaking out into laughter.

Jin finally got up with Namjoon’s help and they stumbled into bed. During the night Jin awoke to pee. He grumbled as he walked out the dorm and to the bathroom across the hall. He didn’t bother to turn on the light managing to pee in the darkness. He then finished up and just as he pulled up his zipper he froze.

Whispers drifted from the shower section of the bathroom, as soft and light as a breeze.

He turned and hurried toward the light switch. Flipping it on he scanned the bathroom.

Nothing.

He walked over to the sink to wash up. As the water ran he glanced at his reflection. Tired eyes stared back at him, he frowned at the sight of big eye bags.

I need way more sleep.

Or way more concealer.

He then glanced at his hair only to see Jungkook’s face staring over his shoulder. His eyes were black and his mouth was open in a wide smile.

Jin felt tears pool in his eyes making his vision blurry. He wiped his eyes and didn’t look back up again.

Instead he rushed out the door and back to the dorm. His slamming of the door woke Namjoon.

“What happened?”

“I…” Jin shook his head.

“You see something?” Namjoon sat up and pulled him in. At the feel of Namjoon’s warmth Jin felt instantly at ease.

“I’m too drunk.”

“Me too, love.” Namjoon replied and helped him back into bed. Jin didn’t want to believe what he had seen, he couldn’t.

I was drunk.

Drunk and drowsy and hallucinating…

Jin had gotten rid of him, he couldn’t be back.

He just couldn’t.