The Devil Gets What he Wants

Dancing With the Devil or is it Flirting

less exciting than the first chapter and a bit clunky but i wanted to see jeonghan propose


“Sir,” Seungkwan said, voice low and filled with exasperation, “what do you think you were doing on that dance floor?”

Jeonghan smiled, eyes watching as Joshua danced with Duke Jeon. God Joshua was beautiful, even if he was clearly being a brat to his friend. “Dancing.”

“Your highness,” Seungkwan hissed. “Having your hands all over the Crown Prince of Solaria isn’t dancing. Nearly having your lips on him isn’t dancing.”

“Strengthening relations,” Jeonghan said, smile going even wider as Joshua turned around once again, his eyes meeting Jeonghan’s.

Sputtering, Seungkwan fought the urge to reach out and yank on Jeonghan’s ear and berate him for his behavior, like Jeonghan was a teenager who wasn’t listening to his advisors. He certainly wasn’t acting like the king he was supposed to be. If Jeonghan was “strengthening” relations then Seungkwan was a ing lord of the lands.

“He’s going to be mine,” Jeonghan quietly murmured. “I’ll do what I want as long as Joshua allows it.”

“And who’s giving the Prince of Solaria to you,” Seungkwan snorted. “His parents hate you.”

Eyes never straying from Joshua’s fine figure, Jeonghan said, “I found something that Solaria will want from me. Enough that they’ll give into my proposal for marriage.”


Days later, Jeonghan grinned as he inspected the relic in his hands. “You did it.” Finally, the last piece of his proposal suit. The thing that would finally get him and Joshua together in the same castle for life.

He chuckled. “I was being paid rather handsomely for this. I’m just glad I found it in one piece.” The treasure hunter nodded towards the thing in Jeonghan’s hand, “You didn’t skimp on the funds for that. I did my best and things fell into place.”

Humming, Jeonghan waved his hand to him. “Go see Seungkwan about the last payment. The reward is as we agreed upon.”

Minghao tipped his hat. “Call me up again if you need me to find something your highness.” He grinned. “I hope whoever that’s for is well worth the price.”

“He’s worth everything,” Jeonghan replied, slowly placing the round ball back into the chest. “Once Seugnkwan’s done paying you can you tell him to come into my study?”

“Sure,” Minghao threw over his shoulder as he walked out.

Jeonghan smiled down at the chest. Soon everything would fall into place.


He waited, taking in the looks that spread all over Joshua’s parents faces. Priceless.

“Is that—”

Jeonghan had never heard the King of Solaria choke. This was something new. He nodded, “Yes, it is.” Pausing, he let them take it in before cutting to the chase, “It’s yours. For a price.”

“And what is that price?” The queen looked up, eyes narrowing at the mention of a price. “That is a priceless artifact of the Solarian history you have in your possession.”

“Your son’s hand in marriage. This will be included in the proposal payment.” He grinned as he heard gasps and a choke. Watching his future father-in-law choke on his own spit was amusing.

“Never!” He stood to his feet. “You’re an ally! How dare you ask for a such a thing when that rightfully belongs to kingdom of Solaria!”

“And I can just as quickly not be your ally,” Jeonghan said, making sure to edge his words with the threat. “You need me more than I need you in terms of our kingdoms being friends. I’m making a sincere marriage proposal, artifact included. All you have to do is let me marry Crown Prince Joshua.”

He didn’t dare to look at Joshua now. If he did he’d likely crumble and simply throw everything to have him. Things that he shouldn’t be bargaining with. Well, considering the hissing a few of his advisors were giving him, he probably shouldn’t have threatened the King of Solaria but things needed to be said.

The two kings glared at each other until he gave in. “Fine,” he said through gritted teeth. “We will accept your proposal of marriage. You had a rather generous offering.”

“Only the best for such a shining treasure,” Jeonghan replied. He looked to Joshua who was clearly fighting the urge to run towards him and tackle him a hug. “Would my future spouse like to see his ring? Perhaps even wear it?”

Nodding, Joshua moved from his seat, brushing off his mother’s hand to go to Jeonghan. The devil he had seduced had finally come for him.

Jeonghan kneeled, holding out his hand for the tiny box that held the ring he had custom made for Joshua. Opening it, he grinned as Joshua’s eyes widened. It was something suitable, mildly ostentatious to fit Joshua’s status and to show off Jeonghan’s wealth, but not too much to get in the way of Joshua’s everyday life.

Joshua placed his hand in Jeonghan’s open palm, smiling down at the fact that the king was kneeling for him.

“Will you have me my sweet?” Jeonghan ignored the peanut gallery and their low gagging noises. They needed to shut their mouths lest he remind them of their stupidity when in love.

“Of course,” Joshua answered, tightening his hold on Jeonghan’s palm. The slightly cold metal made him shiver, but perhaps it was more due to the fact that he finally had Jeonghan. And soon Jeonghan would have him.