Dowoon - Wide Awake

DAY6 DREAMS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Description: In which you find a much better way to stay awake

A/N: to feed my exam stress here's a short Dowoon drabble!

---

There are 3 types of students during an exam period.

Those that are naturally smart and get by with minimal effort.

These people can be found sleeping or chatting away in class, and you'll rarely find them studying in public. Instead, you can bet a billion dollars that they'll be at home, playing a perfect balancing act of juggling both their studies and social life.

(Ok fine these people do study but you get my point - they seem to get their grades easier than the rest do.)

The people that doesn't even bother to study

Much like the former, but not quite. Can also be found sleeping or chatting away in class - basically doing anything except paying attention to the lesson. Sometimes they don't even show up for lessons. Can be found in your neighbourhood PC cafe (or alternatively they'll be gaming at home) Crams everything the night before – so they may or may not do well.

The type that willing gives up their body and soul for a single examination.

The ones that takes down every word that the teachers says in class. Always shows up for lessons and always prepared for lessons. Can be found in your cafes or libraries studying from dawn till dusk. The kind of friends which you take a look at, notice how dark their eye circles are and you wonder if they've even slept the night before.

 

Unfortunately for you, you belong to Type 3 so it was not a surprise that you were making your way to one of the cafes on your university grounds. When you entered, it was obvious that everyone had been busy camping out in these cafes littered around the university grounds, each group of friends claiming their stake at their own table, at their cafe of choice.

 

Books covered every inch of the table, highlighters and pens of various colours strewn haphazardly around the table, forming a unique pattern. For those with a more severe sleep debt, several cups of coffee can be seen lining the edges of the table. Quoting your dear friend Nayeon that works at the cafe, it can be said that "one day we'll have a caffeine addiction epidemic."

 

Quite aptly put, you thought.

 

Settling yourself at your usual table (courtesy of your friend Nayeon), you began to take out your supplies, arming yourself with them to get through the thick stack of notes and worksheets today. It was only 8am, and you weren't planning to leave till at least 12 hours later.

 

You'd just flipped to the first page of your readings for cellular functions when Nayeon plopped down in the seat beside yours, a hot latte in hand.

"This is for you."

"Thanks Nayeon. I'll pay you for it later."

"Don't bother. I just got my paycheck yesterday so this, I can afford. I would ask you out for dinner but you're so busy these days; I didn't want to disturb you."

Smiling sheepishly, you muttered, "Sorry...after this exam season ends you'll be the first one that I ask out!"

"Are you sure you aren't going to ask Dowoon out first?" Nayeon quirked her eyebrow at you, the corners of her lips tugging into a teasing smile.

"Pffft, him? I probably won't even get the chance to see him – he runs off faster than the wind to play Fortnite with Jae at their dorm after every major exam."

“You sure about that, honey? Pretty sure I see him waiting for you outside the exam venue these days, as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter