3.

Into You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So, have you written a lot of raps before?”

 

“Yeah.” He paused. That sounded too nonchalant. “They’re not amazing or anything though”, he quickly added, “but it’s good practice.”

 

She nodded but didn’t look up, seemingly fixated on her doodles. They were sat opposite each other in the meeting room in Blockberry Creative’s company building. She had just got out of class before she came to the meeting and she suspects that it was the same case for Youngkyun-sshi. He looked different—she couldn’t find the words to describe it—in his uniform.

 

“I feel like I’m still in preschool right now.” He spoke up suddenly.

 

“What do you mean?” The pencil in her hand stilled as she looked up, curious.

 

“It’s just”, he leaned back in the leather armchair, his arms half-heartedly thrown in the air in a theatrical display of exasperation, “this duet, it feels like a colour-me-in assignment, you know?”

 

Clueless, she tilted her head to the side as a response.

 

“We’re given the tools and everything but we’re only allowed to colour a certain shade to certain parts and only to colour within the lines.” He leaned forward as he spoke, his tone low and secretive.

 

She stared at him then. He smelt of cut grass and fading cologne. His hair was shorter than when she first saw him and his fringe was stuck to his forehead with sweat.

 

“Well, w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter