Beginning to the End

Talk is Cheap

 

There they were, coming out from the lunchroom holding hands. I couldn’t help but to stare at what used to be mine. Ah, fate is a b.tch.

“Lee!”

My bestie, Miro was sitting next to me outside with her low-carb lunch. “Put them eyeballs back in your head and eat your food!”

I met her eyes glumly and replied, “Yes mother.”

She was obsessed with people wasting food, considering that she ate every minute of the day.

What irks me is that she never gains a pound.

“Babe, I don’t know what the deal is with you and Jae,” she said. “You guys broke up because you didn’t like him flirting with girls and yada yada. He was sad after the break up, but he moved on! Look at them, holding hands. What a pretty couple.”

I did nothing but to glare at her with my vicious black lined eyes. 

And all she did was to make a “you-know-you-can’t-deny” face.

She took her fork and dug into her Asian salad, mixing the coleslaw and the salad around. “Yuna is cool. I don’t know why you disliked her ever since she came into the building.” She nibbled on a piece of lettuce.

“Right after she goes out with Jae, she called me fake! Don’t you remember? She was all like, ‘Why do you talk like that? You talk all slang and hood. Are you black? I didn’t think so. I can’t stand girls that think they’re the mini cooper and they can beat up everyone, or are the best in everything, even though they look like a retarded monkey.’”

“Oh yeah,” Miro said, “You were mad for decades when she said that…and then what did you say?”

“I said, ’Girl they don’t call me the baddest female for nothing. And did I ask you what type of girls you can’t stand? Did I say that I can beat up everyone and I’m the best at every thing? I didn’t think so.”

Miro nodded, pretending to remember. “Mmm-hmm and what did she say?”

“I thought you remembered!”

“It’s fun seeing you imitate her.”

I glared at her once more but continued the imitation. 
I guess it was kinda funny imitating her voice. 
It’s just like mocking a chipmunk. 

“’I don’t think you’re the badest female. I just think you got that title just because you can rap in English and Korean and because Cl rhymes with female. If my name was Snitch, I’d call myself the Baddest b.tch, duh. I mean, I can rap too, and I think I can rap waaay better than you can.’”

Miro made a fake gasp as if she’s never heard this. “NU-UNH! SHE SAID THAT?”

“Shocking isn’t it?”

“Mhmm—and what did you say?”

“The crowd was watching us was like ‘OOOH’ and junk, the little instigators, making me look weak, and you know I don’t like looking weak or instigators, right?”

“Yes, I’m aware.” She took a forkful of salad and chewed, taking out the tomatoes.

“So we settled it with freestyle. None of us were to speak English. I went first, and then it was her turn, but she was a little scaredy cat, and I kept saying ‘Choke, choke!’ and then she did! The girl’s eyes were watery and she clenched her fists like a little crybaby, and I laughed, and then—“

“She pounced on you with those orange nails of hers.”

“Oh, so you remember that part?”
She gave me a cheeky smile. Ugh.

“Ok, but yeah, that’s basically what happened. She got the first hit ‘cause she caught me off guard because I was laughin’ at her, and you know my eyes—us Asian’s got such tiny eyes that when we laugh, our eyes always close, so—“

“Mmm-hmm,” Miro said with a chuckle, “sure, she gotcha off guard.”


“So now,”Miro continued, “whatcha gonna do now that she came back from her three week vacation from Paris?”

“Imma bring hell to that b.tch. Duh. I mean, that was a dumb question for an All A student like you.”

“Umm, okay, and in which class?”

“In P.E. I got her for P.E.”

“Schedules have changed,” she quickly retorted. “They change quarterly, remember?”

I had almost forgotten. “Oh…”

“HAHA, no vengeance for Lee.”

“Laugh while you can, but Imma get my day, you watch.”

“Mhmm.” She sipped her herbal tea.

~~

After our talk, I hadn’t seen Miro that whole day; I heard she left early.
Too bad she won’t see me tear Yuna up.

That is, if I see Yuna. I haven’t seen her since lunch.

And that reminds me. I have to get my gym uniform out from my locker. 


~~


4th block was here…COOKING.

Aish, no more P.E.

Before I entered the class I rushed down the stairs to the Gym, said a little hello to the dudes playing basketball (and yes, they waved back), and then sped walked over to the girls locker room. 

The sound of my heels echoed as they clicked the tile floor.

Empty. No one was there.

I made my way to my old rusty green locker. I put in the combination and it flew open…
…with nothing inside.

Oh no. Someone stole my stuff. Someone stole my stuff! 

I started to panic. My breathing was heavier.

I hated losing my stuff. I hated it! AUGH! 

I tried to calm myself down by muttering to myself. “Maybe, a custodian took it away,” I said in between breaths. 

“Yeah maybe he hauled it to the main office,” I assured myself.

“Or maybe I have it..?”

That voice—that snobby, high pitched voice…it was way too familiar.

I turned around, 


My mouth twisted, and my eyes widened with anger. How could I have not heard her footsteps??

“Hey b.tch,” Yuna said with a smirk, my p.e bag behind her, “remember me?”

O.M.G. Please, Lord, tell me she did NOT just call me what I though she did.

I pinched myself nonchalantly. Nope, it was reality. No dream.

I kept my cool and smirked at her. “You still got P.E?””

“Nope,” she replied, “same reason you’re here.”

“You forgot your P.E clothes?”

“Oh, is that your reason? Hmm… I thought you wanted to fight me…guess your ‘baddest female’ ego has dried up.”

She seriously made air quotes.

I put my head down trying to calm down and bit my bottom lip, and clenched my fists. My cool was slipping…

“So,” she flipped her fringe with the shake of her head, “have you been flirting with him since I left?”

“Uh, no thanks. I’m not a ho.” My cool was climbing back up.

Her cat-like eyes opened in shock, and dropped a little with a small trace of a smile. She stepped toward, her arms crossed. ”Oh… So then…does that make me a ho?” She cocked her head to the other side.

“…What?” I said. She just called herself a ho--

“I mean, after all I did steal your boyfriend.”

Oh, okay, I got it. And that was all I had to hear.

“Um,” I put my hands on my hips and turned my head so that my ear was facing her and continued, “excuse me? I didn’t think I heard you well.”

“There you go actin’ hard again. Gosh you are so dumb. I mean, why else would he dump you and then three days later, you see us holding hands?” 

I should’ve knowned.

My cool was slipping, slipping, and falling, falling.

“What?” she continued. “You’re not mad? I’d thought you’d go off on me. Isn’t that what you hood American wanna-be’s do? Or you’re just gonna stand there? C’mon punch me! I dare you to. Punch me! I’m instigating!”

I hated instigators.
She gathered her long brown hair together and tied it back and kicked off her black wedges.

I just clenched my fists and continued biting my lip.

“Still not angry I see. Just shows how fake you are. Dumb- American wanna-be.”

Dumb-? Wanna-be? Okay, sure, whatever. 

“C’mon do something! I’m ready. Or are you chicken?”

Chicken, mmhmm, yeah.

“Ok, then,” she took off her earrings and shook off her bangles and threw them on the floor, “you know what I find funny?” She came up closer to me, closer, closer until our noses almost touched, and continued,

“You know, the night before I left, I made out with him.”

SLIPPING…

“He said I was a good kisser. 
Way better than you were.
Just face it; I’m the baddest there is.
You’re just a wanna-be, b.tch.
Ugly little monkey.“
Bye bye cool.

I grabbed her by her pink polo collar and slammed her to the nearby locker. The lockers made a loud BANG!

“B.TCH! DON’T YOU EVER CALL ME A B.TCH, YOU F.CKING HOE! SHUT THE F.CK UP! AND F.CK YEAH, I AM THE BADDEST B!TcH! 

BADDER THAN YOU! 

BADDER THAN MICHAEL JACKSON. 

BADDER THAN A PRESIDENTIAL ROBBERY. 

BADDER THEN THE BADDEST B.TCH IN THE BAD GIRLS CLUB.”

AND DON’T BE MAD ‘CAUSE I CAN RAP YO OUT ANY DAY, YOU WEAK RAPPER! YOU NEED TO F.CK OUTTA MY LIFE AND DON’T HATE! DON’T HATE WITH THAT FAKE NOSE. YOU’RE NOTHING BUT A LITTLE H-“

She charged at me from the floor, and my head hit a locker. Pain sheered in my head. It felt like I was bleeding.

But one shove wasn’t gonna get the best of me. 

The back of my hand her dead in her face and I pushed her off of me. As she bent a little to nurture her reddened cheek, I pulled her hair and pushed her head to the ground---HARD.

I could hear a crack as her head impacted into the tile. She let out a deafening scream.

I came around and kicked her at the side of her stomach. She rolled onto her side and yelled in agony. 

Her brown bangs were stained with a reddish color—Blood.

I came at her and turned her so that she was on her backside and sat on her waist. I gave her a few blows at the head from right to left, right to left until she brought up her hand.

Her nails dug into my lips, my cheek, my nose, my eye.

“AGHHHHHH!!!!!” I covered my eye with both hands. The pain was too much. 
This time I could not only feel it, but could see it—the blood seeping from my palm. 

I kept blaring, and my vision was getting bloody. All I could see with my free eye was blood, and it was mine. 

I didn’t catch one glimpse of Yuna. She had crawled from under me…

…so I quieted down to maybe hear her foot steps.

Nope, she was nowhere to be heard.

I was nervous. Was she chicken? Or was she just making a surprise attack?

I listened.

Listened

Listened.

PHANG!!!
Pain climbed from my head down to my neck. My head rushed to the bloody floor.

“DUMMY!” Hyuna had exclaimed victoriously. 

Dummy, indeed. I was listening for nothing. Asian bare feet don’t make loud foot steps on tile.


I don’t know what she had hit me with but it was something metal.
It made a clang as it hit the ground and rolled around—I could here it from behind me.

My head was searing with pain. God, whatever she hit me with, it hurt my head like hell. I felt like my brain was on fire.

She climbed up onto me and soon I could feel her cold hands touching my neck.

She wrapped her fingers around it and held a firm grasp.

I was vulnerable. I couldn’t see much and my head was killing me. I tried prying her fingers off of, but then she started using those nails again, my neck was being pinched with long orange nails. 

All I could do was cough and desperately breathe for air.

I could feel I was slowly losing consciousness. I wriggled my body with the small energy I had left trying to shudder her off, and soon my black boot had touched something…

…something heavy and metal.

Quickly being deprived from oxygen, I angled my leg and kicked the object and it rolled towards me.


I grasped the handle of the object and quickly made a weak pathetic attempt for a backhand throw.

And I got her too!

It hadn’t gotten her off, but it did make her grip the back of her hand, releasing the grasp on my neck.

I took this time as an opportunity to slide her off of me. I wiped the blood from my eyes. I felt for my neck. It wasn’t too bad, but her nails had made small indentations, and I could feel warm blood oozing from each one. 
But there she was, her back against the floor again. Her face was completely red and her left swollen left cheek was accompanied with a nasty purple bruise. I could finally see her.
A fire-extinguisher rolled near her leg. 
Hmmm…how convenient.

I climbed on her again, but she had pushed me off, and I landed busting my head on another set of lockers. 

She came at me again, hovering over me as I lied on the floor, and socked me a couple of times good in my mouth.

After the third attempt, I had finally grabbed her fist and then spat blood at her face. She grunted, rubbing her eyes. 

This had to end right here and now, and I have to win.

Fire glowed within my fists as I stored the remainder of my energy and launched it as a powerful uppercut.

“UNHH!” she grunted, as she fell to the floor like a skeleton. 

I came up toward her and saw bubbles of blood gurgling in . Her jaw was slanted. Her eyes were closed.

Breathing heavily, I had won the battle. 

And so I did what American’s do what they win. I gloated. 

“Yeah n!gg@…” I had to catch my breath before continuing, “Now what? I done socked your .” I went up close to her bloody face. “Next time, don’t mess with CL ‘cause I AM the baddest female. You better kiss my—“

“AHHHHHHH!” 
Her eyes flickered open and without hesitation she grabbed my short hair, digging her nails into my scalp, and slammed my face to the floor beside her.

Blood from flew everywhere, but she mostly spat it out at me. 

I was faced down to the ground, which I think had permanently busted my nose, and she was on top of me, grabbing on to my hair like no tomorrow. 

I felt her grip loosen a little and so I tried to shake her off again.

Fail.

Turned out she had loosened up to find something to officially knock me out.


The fire extinguisher.

She used it skillfully, not only hitting the back of my head, but hitting my neck and my face as well. 

It’s not often that you get pounded with a fire extinguisher so many times in your face. Your pretty much useless if you don’t have a weapon to fight back with.



I had lost the feeling in my face but I could tell it was soaked with blood. 

My sight was blocked again; both my eyes swelled.

My energy and ambition was gone. She was with a weapon, I was with nothing…

My heartbeats slowed down…


Life was slipping from my touch…


“LEEE!”Mother?? Have I already reached the promised land?

“Get the hell off of her!!!”
Voices, voices…were these of angels?

A heavy force was lifted from my back. The pounding had stopped. The fire extinguisher made a clang as it hit the ground again.

God….it was god.

“Lee! Lee, baby!”
Baby?... This God sounded and talked a lot like…

“Baby! It’s me Miro!”
Oh…
But what was she doing here?
The voice came up closer, and soon I felt surrounded.

I was lifted from the ground, and as my face was exposed, the crowd had made several outbursts. 
“Jeebus Christ!” “Oh my GOD!”

Miro…I didn’t hear her voice when my badly bruised face was unveiled.
That was rare. She was always talking…

“Get her to the clinic---ASAP. Ms. Shyeo will haul her to the infirmary from there.”

“What do we do with this one?”

“Take her to a different clinic. They can’t be in the same room together yet.”

Yuna was quiet, I had noticed. 

“Got it.”

I was hauled away from the room and from Yuna.

But it hadn’t stopped me from officially out…




….”You do realize this is all your fault..”
…”No.”
…”Maybe if you didn’t dump her for Yuna, making her feel all cocky towards my babe, they would’ve never fought. Why the hell did you cheat on her? If you were tired of her then you should’ve said that. But no, you just say ‘I’m tired of you thinkin’ I’m doing everything wrong!’ Dude you have no balls!!”

…”Well…shhhh! You might wake her up!”
“She deserves to know you cheated on her. You’re a balls-less donkey.”

“I can’t help it! Okay? All men are like this! All of us get tired of our relationships! I can’t do anything about this anymore.. I know what I did was wrong, but I can’t change the past.”

“YEAH, BUT YOU CAN DO A LOT TO HELP THE FUTURE!”



“…M—miro??”
“Damnit! You woke her up.”

~~~~~~~~~END
The sequal is OUT: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/13094/opposites-don-t-always-atract-2ne1-bigbang-bom-chaerin-parkbom-top
THANK YOUU 
 
 
0
  •