Cash Out

Cash Out

A short quickie for 'funsies' lol


 

Comfy leggings—check.

 

Taeyeon took one step outside her apartment and shivered as a gust of wind went through her. She went on to pull the hoodie over her head to keep her ears and cheeks from freezing to death.

 

Favorite black hoodie—check.

 

Water for when she chokes up and needs to replenish her thirst—check.

 

Bankcard—check, check, and double check.

 

Even though she couldn’t predict the future, she just knew today was going to be the best day ever.

***

“Next.”

 

Taeyeon confidently walked over to the window, where the bank teller named Tiffany was. She was high on love—head over freaking heels for the woman that made it so effortless to bring butterflies to her tummy. Honestly, nothing could bring her down. Well, that was until she made contact with that gorgeous smile, which then forced her to trip over her own foot. Dammit, twinkle-toes.

 

“Oh my god, are you alright?”

 

“Y-Yeah, I—“ Taeyeon coughed to clear as she quickly took a sip from her water bottle before proceeding forward, ducking her head down from embarrassment. “I’m okay.”

 

“That’s a relief,” Tiffany grinned as Taeyeon continued to avoid eye contact.

 

If she could kick herself in the , she would. She was making it harder than it had to be. Not to mention she was already feeling terrified, awkward, and nervous.

 

“So… Taeyeon, are you here to make a deposit again?”

 

Hoodie covering her eyes, Taeyeon nodded her head and passed her card as well as a stack of bills through the little opening.

 

“Five thousand dollars, correct?” Tiffany tapped the bills to line them up and inserted them in the currency counter.

 

Taeyeon gave a quick nod as she twiddled with her fingers. All those times she had felt comfortable enough to talk freely to Tiffany had gone to waste, because now she was acting like someone had cut off her tongue.

 

“After all these months, I don’t think I ever asked you what you do for a living. If I may ask, what do you do? And not to worry, Taeyeon,” Tiffany winked, “You’re secret’s safe with me.”

 

The question made her choke on her own saliva, but the wink almost made her faint. “I—I, um,” Taeyeon shifted her eyes and clenched her fingers. It’d be so awkward to say that she was a gamer—the best in Korea actually. The money she made from testing out games all day was no joke, but she was still embarrassed of her profession. “I—“

 

“Oh, I’m sorry. Please hold on a second.” Tiffany diverted her attention to her manager who was speaking in a hushed but cautious tone.

 

“Everyone, please be on a lookout for anyone suspicious. I’ve just been alerted by the local police that there is a robber going around robbing banks. Don’t be fooled by her small stature, because she’s loaded with a weapon. She’ll first make a transaction to not stand out and when you’re busy working on it, that’s when she acts and commits the robbery. From multiple accounts, the description of the girl is…”

 

Tiffany’s eyes zoned in on the customer in front of her, feeling a cold sweat building up.

 

Black pants—check. Black sweater—check. Suspicious, wary behavior—check, check, and double check.

 

“T-Taeyeon?”

 

The small-framed woman let out a shy smile before peeling her eyes away from her in search of something in her pocket.

 

A gun, maybe? A knife? Oh, , a bomb?!

 

Tiffany didn’t wait to find out as she discretely pressed on the emergency button.

 

The sirens instantly went off, blasting the entire building with its warning sounds.

 

“W-What’s happening?” Taeyeon stiffened as Tiffany ran off to her coworkers.

 

People were screaming at the top of their lungs, tripping over each other to get to the door.

 

“Get down on the ground!”

 

“H-Huh?” Taeyeon twisted her head toward the two officers that were aiming their guns at her.

 

“I said,” The third one positioned himself before sprinting toward her, “get down on the ing ground!”

 

And that was how Taeyeon was tackled by a two-hundred-pound police officer and dragged to jail…

 

When all she wanted to do was ask the bank teller out.


 

Is it wrong that I enjoy torturing Taeyeon in my stories ._.  ...and my readers? LOL