Chapter 5: The Last

Why We Broke Up | JenBin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jennie woke up to the sound of her alarm clock.

She scratched her eyes before opening it. The sun has not yet risen. She stretched and tried to stand up but her head ached.

Hangover.  Jennie thought.

She suddenly had flashbacks of what happened last night. She slapped her forehead.

"You're so stupid, Kim Jennie. Why did you break down in front of him?" Jennie told herself and threw a pillow on the wall out of annoyance.

"Jennie? Are you awake?" Blackpink's manager knocked on her door.

"Yeah." Jennie said weakly.

"Can I come in? I bought breakfast and medicine for your hangover." Their manager asked. She knows that Jennie wakes up really early so she prepared early.

"Yeah."

"Make sure to eat well, okay? I'll go now." Their manager said as she placed the food on the table beside her bed.

"Eonnie, can I ask you something?"

"What is it?" Her manager sat beside her.

"Hanbin told me that he still loves me, that he wants me back. He's breaking up with Hayi. Do you think I should come back to him?" Jennie asked.

"Do you still love him?"

"I do, I always will."

"Do you want him back?"

"Yes. I even wrote it in our song."

"Then follow your heart." Their manager eonnie held her hand.

"I followed my heart before, and it got broke. What if it gets broken again this time?" Jennie said and started tearing up.

She wants him back, but she's afraid of getting hurt. Right now, she's hurting a lot, what if she gets hurt again? She doesn't think she can handle more pain than what she's experiencing right now.

"But what if it doesn't? It's okay to take risks some times. You said you love him, and he loves you too. Sometimes, love is all that matters." Her manager eonnie smiled at her.

Jennie smiled back and thought, I guess I'll give it a shot. 

----

"Jennie, you free today?" Seungyoon approached Jennie.

"I have a meeting with a producer later afternoon, why?"

"Can we talk in a coffee shop or somewhere? I have something to talk to you." Seungyoon asked.

"Huh? Uh, sure. I'll go ahead, girls, see you later." Jennie said to the other members.

Seungyoon and Jennie went to Jennie's favorite cafe.

"It's the same place where we met last March 17, right?" Seungyoon said.

March 17, the day Hanbin and I broke up.  Jennie thought.

"Uh, yeah." Jennie just said and sipped her frappe.

"Did you know how much it pained me, seeing you almost crying that time?" Seungyoon asked that shocked Jennie. Jennie decided to keep quiet and let Seungyoon speak.

"It hurts so much, that's why I left. Did you know how much it pained me seeing how devastated you were? Writing sad songs and stuff. I walk past your training room, seeing you dance, with tears falling down your cheeks? I just don't get it why you were so blinded by love." Seungyoon said.

"Oppa..." It was all that Jennie can say.

"Jennie, do you want to date me?" Seungyoon suddenly asked. Jennie got more shocked.

"Oppa. Are you serious?" Jennie asked.

"I am. I like you— no, I love you Jennie. For over a year now." Seungyoon confessed.

"I'm sorry, oppa. I don't think I can, right now." Jennie can't find the right words to use in o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter