insomnia...right? (Baeksoo)

shiloh...lofi

Baekhyun can’t sleep at night. ⧬





 

It’s 2:00 AM. Or, at least that’s what the alarm clock beside Baekhyun’s bed says. He’s staring up at the ceiling in surprising interest. It is interesting. When his vision goes out of focus he starts to see shapes twirling in the dark. He’s been like this for a few hours, and it hasn’t gotten boring yet, but it’s not exciting. There’s a feeling creeping up his spine, and it makes a sheen of sweat form on his back. He feels uncomfortable. It’s a feeling he’s used to, and his brand of the feeling is a bit different from other’s. It’s a mix of feeling empty and alone, which isn’t good on any account, but it makes him grab for his phone. A quick glance at the too bright LCD screen tells him that the alarm clock is not wrong, and that time has advanced by thirty minutes since he’s looked at the alarm clock.

 

Hello?”

“Soo? Are you awake?”

“I am now, aren’t I?”

“Sorry…”

“Insomnia...right?”

“Yeah.”

“Need me to come get you?”

“Please?”

“I’ll be right there.”

 

Kyungsoo’s voice sounds sleepy over the phone, and Baekhyun almost feels bad for waking him up. However, he can’t help but anticipate Kyungsoo’s presence. He’s only wearing underwear, but he throws a large sweater over it and sits on his couch. He knows Kyungsoo won’t honk his horn when he arrives; he knows Baekhyun will be waiting.

 

It takes fifteen minutes, but Kyungsoo arrives. He dims his lights as he pulls into Baekhyun’s driveway, and Baekhyun’s thankful. He can see Kyungsoo rubbing his eyes through his window. He admires for a bit before running out and jumping into the car. Kyungsoo’s turned the heat on, and the sight of a sleepy Kyungsoo makes Baekhyun feel all the more toasty.

 

“You didn’t wear pants?” Kyungsoo’s looking over his shoulder, carefully backing out of the driveway, when he speaks.

 

“Didn’t feel like it.”

 

Kyungsoo lets out a puff of air before running his hand slowly down Baekhyun’s thigh, squeezing when he reaches his knee.

 

“Your legs are freezing.”

 

“I know.”

 

They drive for a while. Kyungsoo’s hand continues to lazily run up and down Baekhyun’s thigh. Things are comfortable, and Baekhyun finds more solace in this moment than he has in any other aspect of his life. Kyungsoo’s pulling down an old road, and Baekhyun recognizes it well. He’s been here many times before. Kyungsoo stops when the trees around the road become dense.

 

“Come here.” The command comes quietly, but Baekhyun is moving to throw a leg over Kyungsoo’s thighs and seat in no time. When he’s comfortably straddling the sleepy boy, Kyungsoo begins to run his hands rhythmically up and down Baekhyun’s waist. There’s almost a pattern to it when his hands start to dip under Baekhyun’s sweater. Kyungsoo places his lips on Baekhyun’s. It’s not quite a kiss, not until Kyungsoo starts to lazily move his lips. Everything feels soft and warm, and Baekhyun starts to feel very relaxed. Kyungsoo has started massaging his scalp while they kiss, and it makes Baekhyun sigh contently against Kyungsoo’s lips.

 

They press their lips together lazily for a while. Baekhyun turns to bury his face in Kyungsoo’s neck. Baekhyun’s breath starts to even out, and Kyungsoo knows the boy is very close to falling asleep.

 

“I love you, Baekhyun.” Kyungsoo’s awake now, and his voice is firm when he speaks.

 

“I love you too, Soo.”

 

“Call me every time you can’t sleep.”

 

“Okay.”