Zelo

B.A.P Mafia AU Oneshots

Zelo was 15 when he left his family to go out on his own and fend for himself. At 16, he had made a name for himself as a skilled sniper and at 17; Yongguk and Jongup found and took him in. Despite being famous in the gang world for being a skilled sniper he had struggled on his own. His family wanted to help him but he had refused saying he wanted to make it on his own without the name Choi stuck to his back. He had abonded everything so he could make it on his own. Even his name…what was his legal name?

He had fended for himself for 2 years but a little help was appreciated. He quickly became friends with Jongup and Yongguk was a good mentor. Himchan came after him but it was like he belonged in their little group. Just like Zelo, Himchan was also from a family of mafia so naturally he fit, even though he nagged too much sometimes for Zelo’s liking.

When Zelo had just joined the duo, he heard them talk about Youngjae and how he gave them valuable information and it wasn’t until after a year of being with Yongguk, Himchan and Jongup that he met Youngjae. He stated that he had finally decided to just do this “mafia business” full time. He might as well; he was already neck deep in the mafia world.

They spent years together as a group of 5 before Daehyun finally came. Youngjae had bought him saying he had some interesting skills. So now they were a group of 6 and Zelo loved every second of his new life. They were perfect together, they were B.A.P.

His whole world was with these 5 members, 5 brothers. He was always so focused, so what in the world had he done wrong to suddenly find his mind wondering to your small figure and the bright smile you had given to him when he bumped into you was beyond him.

He was distracted, which was bad. Someone could get killed, or more specifically, Jongup, his best friend, who relied on him to cover for him could die. He had to find a way to stop being so distracted while working.

“Don’t light that up!”

It’s Himchan.

He takes the cigarette from between Zelo’s lips and throws it in the bin before Zelo has the chance to light it.

“Aw, come on!” Zelo whines.

“How old are you?” Himchan asks.

“Old enough”, Zelo grumbles.

“Yeah, well unless you want to die when you turn 30, you stop”, Himchan says as he offers out his hand.

“Hand it over child, you know he will only nag more”

It’s Yongguk.

Zelo sighs before he pulls put several packets of cigarettes and places them in Himchan’s hand.

“You will thank me one day”, Himchan says with a smug look on his face.

“Until then I will hate you”, Zelo says with a sarcastic smile on his face.

“Aw, I love you too”, Himchan says.

“Stop teasing him, Himchan. I think you made him suffer enough”, Yongguk says as he walks away.

“What’s got you to want to go back to smoking anyway?” Himchan asks, as Zelo had been so good for almost a year.

“I just need a distraction”, Zelo says.

“Why don’t you go dancing with Jongup?” Himchan suggests.

“Ew, no. I love Jongup, he is my best friend but I am not going on a date with him”, Zelo says in mock horror.

“Break dancing you idiot! And I don’t want a date with you anyway!” Jongup yells from the sofa where he is lying down with a book in his hand.

“Try it out. It helps him, it might help you too”

And so Zelo is forced to go join Jongup to the empty basement, which Jongup has practically turned into dance studio/gym.

“Himchan nags too much”, Zelo grumbles once again as he stretches along with Jongup.

“You think so? I think he worries too much”, Jongup says.

“You say that cuz he likes you and lets you do as you please. All he does with me is nag” and Jongup laughs at this.

“Come on, you know what to do. You are a good dancer”, Jongup says as they finish stretching.

He had secretly been dancing on his own and Jongup had just caught him practicing late at night. But this was their little secret. And for a time it does help Zelo keep his mind occupied. It keeps his mind clear for a while so when he sees you unconscious and tied up in their base he is beyond shocked.

“What happened?” he asks and Himchan calmly explains that you worked for the company they were keeping an eye on for illegal activities. Zelo still doesn’t understand and asks why you were here.

“We needed information”, Daehyun says flatly.

“I don’t think this is how we should be getting those information!” Zelo protests.

“What are you so against it?” Himchan asks but Zelo has no answer.

“Gyus…” it’s Youngjae.

They look at him and see that you are now awake. You looked scared.

“Where am I?”

“I think you should answer our questions first, I’m Yongguk the leader”, Yongguk says.

“Your full name and your occupation, please”, Yongguk says almost kindly.

You tell them everything they asked without a second thought. You were so scared of what would happen to you if you didn’t answer. As you answered their question your eyes wondered around the group and Zelo caught your eyes. He looked a little bit distressed but didn’t speak.

“I guess you really don’t know anything”, Daehyun sighs.

“Will you let me go now?” you ask feeling a little bit hopeful.

“No, it’s still a little bit risky but you can do some work for us”, Yongguk says and you feel defeated.

“Zelo”

Zelo’s head snaps up at his name.

“I’m putting you in charge of looking after Y/N”

“Yes, sir”, Zelo says.

“Jongup, untie her”, Yongguk orders and Jongup cuts the rope around your legs and wrists.

Zelo offers you a hand and you hesitate but eventually take it. He helps you stand up.

“You are going to live here from now on until we figure out what your boss is up to. You will go to work as normal but you have to do some data collecting for us while at work. You can do that right?” Yongguk asks.

You can only nod.

“Good, we’ll send Zelo with you for protection. We may look like the bad guys right now but we don’t want you getting hurt for no reason”, Himchan says.

Zelo has an urge to whine at Himchan but bites his lower lip.

“Youngjae will be listening to everything you hear with this little device”, Yongguk says and passes you a necklace.

“Activate it by pressing the red jewel when you are at work”, Youngjae explains simply and you nod again.

“And you can sleep in Zelo’s room”

“Himchan!” this time Zelo can’t help but while.

“There is a pull out sofa in the living room just outside his room where Zelo will sleep and keep guard”, Himchan doesn’t even blink while Zelo pouts.

“Now Zelo will show you around”, Yongguk dismisses.

As the rest of the guys go do there own thing Zelo whines.

“Freaking Kim Himchan!”

“Erm…”

Zelo looks at you and sighs.

“I wanted to meet you again but not like this”

His words shocks you a little bit.

“It can’t be helped, I guess… Come on, I’ll show you around”, he says with a smile.

He starts walking and you follow behind his steps.

“Zelo…should I be scared?” you ask.

“Nah, I’ll protect you so you will be safe”, he says with another bright smile and you can’t help but smile back at him.

And he kept his words; he came with you to work and looked after you from a hidden spot. You didn’t know where he hid but he would always drop you off at work and be there to pick you up. Your colleagues started to ask questions and they wanted to know if you two were dating. You would just blush and tell them the two of you were just friends.

He was really sweet and took good care of you. In fact, they all took care of you. Himchan would cook you your favourite dishes and Youngjae would help you with some work, even though you secretly suspected he was looking for extra information. But mostly your job was just to do the inventory for your company. They all had their own little ways of taking care of you.

Zelo would stay awake with you until you felt like going to bed. Then he would make sure you went to bed before closing the door to his own room and sleeping on the sofa. You felt bad for taking over his room but he said he didn’t mind. The first few nights were really bad. You couldn’t sleep in fear of what was going to happen but Zelo would always comfort you. Sometimes he would stay with you until you feel asleep on his bed.

Daehyun teased but Zelo would tell you to ignore him.

And whenever you got back to the base after work with Zelo, Youngjae would tell you that you were doing well and that they were getting close to figuring out what exactly was going on in your work. Every once in a while you were asked to leave a hidden reorder in your bosses’ office once you were done giving him your report or to leave a recorder in the meeting rooms but that was all you did really.

One day after work, Zelo asks you if you would like to go get some ice cream with him before heading back to the base. You agreed and the two of you went to the small ice cream parlour.

The two of you pick your ice creams and Zelo paid. You thanked him and the two of you sat down at a table.

“So, I heard Youngjae saying that we are close to a breakthrough”, Zelo says.

“That is good”, you say.

“What do you plan on doing after that?”

“Huh?”

“Well, your job for us would be done and Yongguk will set you free”, Zelo says slowly.

“Well, I guess I would need a new job”, you say with a laugh and Zelo laughs with you.

“Honestly though, I haven’t given it much thought”, you say as you play around with the spoon of your ice cream.

“You would probably get paid a good amount to keep you going for, well, for the rest of your life”, Zelo says.

“You think so?”

“Yeah, you may not realise it but this is a big case”, Zelo replied.

“Huh, then I might just lazy around for the rest of my life”, you laugh and Zelo smiles at your carefree attitude.

“What about you? You would get quiet a big sum of money too right?” you ask.

“Yeah, but I just send mine to my family and keep a little bit to do things I like”, he says simply.

“That’s nice of you”

“Nah, I’m just replaying my parents for raising me, although I don’t really think they need all that money but I heard from my brother that he is working on a charity for victims of illegal businesses and for civilians who are affected by our work. So I guess that’s where all my money is going”, Zelo says.

“Oh?”

“Oh, I never mentioned that I come from a family of the Choi mafia did I?”

“Oh, wow. Even I’ve heard of them”, you say.

Zelo laughs.

“That’s why I left. Cuz EVERYONE just knows”. I threw away the name Choi and my birth name. But I am always thankful to my parents for everything they have done for me. They still send me letters and things once in a while”

“That’s sweet”

“Enough about that. What else do you plan on doing?” he asks as he feels a little bit embarrassed at the fact that his parents still baby him.  

“Maybe I’ll buy my parents a house and find myself a house to live the rest of my life in”, you say.

What about me? Us? He wants to ask but bits his lips.

“Sounds nice”, he says instead.

“I’d have to kidnap you and take you with me though”, you say with a smile.

“What?”

“Yeah, I don’t think I could live without you anymore”, you say honestly.

“Really?”

“Really”

A stunned Zelo watches you. You have a hint of blush creeping up on your cheeks as Zelo feels his own face heating up.

“What are you saying?”

“I’m saying I love you”, you say it.

“I…”

“Don’t!”

“Huh?”

“I don’t want your answer. I know how this ends so that’s why I wanted to tell you how I really feel”

Zelo still looks confused.

“Youngjae says tonight they are going to confront my boss and then it will be over. Like you said Yongguk will let me go and I will go on to live my normal life without seeing any of you, without seeing you for the rest of my life so I just wanted to tell you”, you ramble.

Zelo is still stunned.

“I’m going to take a walk before I get back to the base, alone”, you say as you stand up and leave.

“What just happened?” Zelo asks himself.

He doesn’t know how long he sits there wondering what happened until he gets a phone call from Himchan saying that you went missing and where the hell was he. He panics but Himchan tells him to calm down. Himchan eventually meets up with Zelo and tells him that your necklace was a GPS tracker too so he has managed to track you down.

The two follow the GPS signal and they know you are at your office building. Himchan gives Zelo a shotgun.

“I know this isn’t how you operate but this is how we will have to do it today”, Himchan says as he gets his own gun ready.

“Youngjae and Daehyun are getting the police and Jongup and Yongguk are already in there”, Himchan explains as they enter the building.

They can already hear the gunshots. They head upstairs to the top floor where they can see your GPS signal. They silently approach the top floor and Zelo leads. All he thinks about is you. He hopes you are safe.

“Think Yongguk and Jongup are in there fighting already. So what I want you to do is get Y/N and get to safety. By then hopefully, Daehyun and Youngjae get here with the police”, Himchan explains and Zelo nods.

When they enter the top floor, indeed, Yongguk and Jongup are both occupied. As soon as they enter they run and hide. Himchan signals for Zelo to go while he coves for him. Zelo nods and checks his surrounding and sneaks around. He can see Jongup with his usual killer smirk on his face; there was no sign of struggling as he shot all the enemy, skilfully avoiding all the vitals. Yongguk is calm as always as he too shoots the enemy.

Himchan closely follows behind Zelo and shoots every once in a while when he feels their safety threatened. Zelo can see you, tied up. You looked scared as you watched the chaos. Your boss was distracted with a shoot off with Jongup. They were standing off looking at each other. Neither wanting to back down.

Zelo took the chance to sneak up to you. You were so revelled to see him. He gently cut the roped tying you up.

“Give up!” your boss says to Jongup who is still smirking.

“I don’t feel like it, but maybe you should”, Jongup says as Zelo’s gun comes in contact with the back of his head.

“Drop the gun”, he hisses at your boss.

Your boss freezes and drops the gun in his hand. Zelo kicks the gun on the floor to Jongup. Himchan walks up to your boss and ties his hands up while Zelo’s gun is still pointed on the back of his head.

“Kidnaping your own employee to pull us in, how disgusting”, Zelo says.

“Ha! Y/N was the one who betrayed me first!”

“At our request so if you have anything to say, say it us”, Zelo replies simply.

“The police are here”, Yongguk announces and eventually your boss is arrested and taken away.

Zelo is next to you while Himchan checks your vitals and gives you a thumb up. Himchan then scolds Zelo for leaving you alone. You tell him it was your fault and it was your stupid decision to walk off on your own that got you kidnaped. But Himchan still nags Zelo. Jongup offers Zelo a hand and they hi5 before taking Himchan away with him to leave you two alone.

“So…”

“I’m sorry!” you say.

“It’s ok, Himchan is right. I shouldn’t have left you alone and I have something else to tell you…if you want to listen”, Zelo says.

“What is it?” you ask.

You are almost sure its rejection. You braced yourself as you lower your head. But Zelo uses his hand to lift your face up and forces you to look up at him.

“I love you”

“Wh…?”

Before you can say anything he has claimed your lips with his own.

“Oh, my baby is growing up!” Himchan is practically crying as the rest of the boys watch the two of you.

“Shh!” Daehyun says.

“Freaking Kim Himchan!”

“Run!”